• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

I know you're joking, and this a 10/10 joke post btw. But there are actually people who believe this and it blows my mind. Anyone with even the most basic understanding of street fighter knows what was going on there.

I do not have a basic understanding of Street fighter. Care to explain the joke for the rest of us?

You guys have to remember, this kind of thing is not unprecedented in sports.

In 2016, fighting game legend Daigo Umehara was challenged by hip hop legend and visionary artist Lupe Fiasco to a match of Street Fighter 5.

People called it a freakshow, people called it a circus. No one gave Lupe a shot. They said, "how can someone whos never played a fighting game competitively beat one of the best of all time?"

And against all odds, with everyone against him, Lupe used his unorthodoxy and unpredictability to lay a black eye upon the fighting game community. Daigo didn't know what hit him.

Lupe changed the game, then he retired.

Goes to show that anything is possible in the world of sports. If Lupe could, why cant Conor?

6ZsqKhP.gif

I'm dying here!!!!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...

In 2016, fighting game legend Daigo Umehara was challenged by hip hop legend and visionary artist Lupe Fiasco to a match of Street Fighter 5.

People called it a freakshow, people called it a circus. No one gave Lupe a shot. They said, "how can someone whos never played a fighting game competitively beat one of the best of all time?"

And against all odds, with everyone against him, Lupe used his unorthodoxy and unpredictability to lay a black eye upon the fighting game community. Daigo didn't know what hit him.

Goes to show that anything is possible in the world of sports. If Lupe could, why cant Conor?

6ZsqKhP.gif

LOL at Daigo traying to parry the ex dp.

HiiiLife

6ZsqKhP.gif

"Hip hop legend"

Syder

It's a boxing match. Only 1 matters. Why would you just sit and watch fights that don't matter when you could be drinking/gambling?
because Nathan Cleverly and Badou Jack are great fighters?

but if you've spent a stupid amount to watch this circus, you clearly don't care about actual boxing.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

6ZsqKhP.gif
This is the best post in the thread and I honestly hope it's still being quoted until after the fight ends.

Can't watch unfortunately. Can anyone tell me what part of the card they are on/who is fighting?

some random ass fight is going on and it's really boring and I'm shocked anyone is interested in it (if they are). It went 10 rounds.

I think it's the first fight.

Top Bottom