• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

6V7kTHw.gif

well this will be used for a while...

Just watching someone completely give up on an argument is victory enough for me. I am fucking flailing around in your anger and tears. Your forfeit made my day. Thank you.

I can't see the tons of MMA fans watching this coming away with a very positive impression at all

Bars in my area have to pay a substantial amount for maximum capacity to play the fight, no matter how many are attending. The cover charges are understandable.

I'm sure the goal of this PPV was to increase interest in boxing, but sounds like it's pissing people off more than anything.

People have short memories. They will be pissed tonight, then in 1/3/6/12 months when the next big match happens they'll be right there. In the same way people are pissed about SNES Classic preorders but will be F5'ing their asses off a year from now trying to get an N64 Classic.

Forward

I blame this fight for my spotty cable this evening. Get your shit together, Cox. You're getting rocked harder than Conor is going to be.

KingV

and all those places are probably packed. I seriously doubt there's a single bar that is not charging a cover for a $100 PPV fight

$40 is a lot though. Luckily I found a place doing $20, which makes sense. But $40 is like... just get it at home.

JettDash

People have short memories. They will be pissed tonight, then in 1/3/6/12 months when the next big match happens they'll be right there. In the same way people are pissed about SNES Classic preorders but will be F5'ing their asses off a year from now trying to get an N64 Classic.

Wait there is an N64 Classic?

cordy

Banned
Man...

If Conor loses then it's as most said and the memes will be at full force.
If Floyd loses though? Fuck boxing fans will never live this down and the memes will be far worse.

Boxing fans are praying harder than ever right now. I don't think Floyd's losing though but the thought of him losing here is far worse than any other match he's ever had.

Podge293

I don't even want McGregor to win but if he gets knocked out round 1 I'm gonna cry.

It's 5am godammit I wanna see something worth it

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Bars in my area have to pay a substantial amount for maximum capacity to play the fight, no matter how many are attending. The cover charges are understandable.

They all do. I'm used to smaller bars going over capacity with drink minimums or charging a tenner at the door to make their cost back.

Do you think they told Floyd to drag it out so they can make the fans feel they got their money's worth? Otherwise I think Floyd could finish him in the first 20 seconds of round 1.

cordy

Banned

Same reason why people are pissed that Roman Reigns and Jinder Mahal are main eventing but they keep watching WWE.

Top Bottom