• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor - Saturday August 26th |OT| FOOK / YEAAAH

These ring girl robots are getting more advanced.

1f602.png

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
and all those places are probably packed. I seriously doubt there's a single bar that is not charging a cover for a $100 PPV fight

Half empty. But they precharged for Tix so they can't have people demanding refunds who already paid. Weather in Texas fucked them tonight.

I know that most bars are 4k to 10k to super the fight. I normally can find a drink only cover bc Austin isn't a big fight town.

Statement from Showtime

Statement from Showtime on PPV delay: Due to high demand, we have reports of scattered outages from various cable and satellite provides and the online offering. We will delay the start of the main event slightly to allow for systems to get on track. We do not expect a lengthy delay.

I guess we'll find out how they define "lengthy delay" soon enough.

nampad

Finally, I am already dead tired, it is close to 6 AM here in Germany :(
Sucks that I have to leave for a business trip tmr.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I know each one of you commenting on the ring girls never watch boxing. It's always been like that, always is.

Fitts

Bars around here are charging $25.

Not bad. But there will be way too many people.

They usually do. Just find a place that's also offering a buffet or whatever with the cover. Place around here does that. (all you can eat/drink but just charge for alcohol)

Alucard

Banned
I'm sure the goal of this PPV was to increase interest in boxing, but sounds like it's pissing people off more than anything.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Bars near me wanted 40 a head to walk in... Even with a tropical storm hitting. Couldn't find anywhere with a drink only cover and not spending money to watch this.

Drink-only cover for a big fight night? You think this is the '70s?

I dont understand boxing

If someone cheats or does an illegal move, why does he still win?

Because the refs have discretion on those sorts of things. That blow to the back of the head was likely not intentional, and on top of that completely irrelevant. Fonseca was knocked out with body shots. The ref's actions were spot on. Davis seems like a dickbag, but that was a legitimate win.

Top Bottom