• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

blaburn r u ok pls

He's ok. He only said he respects your opinions. German is just longer.

BTW Bla, how is the 3DS? I am STILL undecided if I should go XL or regular.

My old 3DS has sometimes felt a little too small for some games (Ocarina), but the new one is already a tad bigger (even without the XL).

PS: Just watching Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Palestinian Chicken. It's so, so wrong, but maybe one of the best episodes of the whole show.

Tc91

BBC Sport live text:

Interesting from Phil Neville, who says he scouted PSG's Blaise Matuidi - one of the more impressive players on show tonight - for Manchester United last January and a deal was almost completed.

"We wanted to sign him," he says. "We were really interested."

What might have been, if deals like this one had come off...

Interesting.

Blablurn

Das stimmt. Bernat ist ja wirklich wesentlich besser als ich erwartet habe. Aber warum er IMMER spielt ist mir völlig schleierhaft. Man hat schon das Gefühl, dass die Nationalität eine Rolle spielt und eben, dass er Pep's Entdeckung ist.

Aber egal, ich glaube das Rückspiel werden sie schon packen. Hoffentlich ohne diesen schrecklichen Schiedsrichter.

Abwarten. Könnte ein Spiel sein, wo wir inner 19. Minute ausgekontert werden und dann einem Rückstand hinterherlaufen :D

pulga

Banned
damn, bayerngaf having a breakdown and we can't even tell what they're saying
qBsuB5s.png

Probity

I don't know. It doesn't matter if you either pass Lewa or Müller the ball, both lose it in an instant. Yes, they might score nice goals in games like fucking Hamburg but it's the Champions League where it matters and I can't believe that a lazy fuck like Lewa is playing like he is right now.

Buuuuuuuuuut maybe thats not his fucking problem.

Especially if Pep is abusing and embarassing him by not using, or by not treating well. What do I know. But he is doing the same shit with Lewa like he did with Mandzu. Lewa played mainly in the Midfield during the last games.

So where the fuck should he get any confidence from? From a lousy goal against Hamburg, Lewa looks done.

Müller isn't and never will be a full on striker and I don't know why Löw and Pep have been trying it. He makes good things happen on that right side and he is a pretty solid second striker by the looks of his style. He isn't really some ball-control freak, it isn't his style. He is just supposed to be around in the box to pop it in and that isn't really too difficult.

Lewa isn't correctly adjusting to the shit passing style Pep is obsessed with. Lewa is great on a swift counter, he is great on a nice ball in, but he isn't some weird as hell Messi thing that will dribble past everyone. Either Lewa needs to work on set-ups and movement better of the team needs improved service.

I agree, Pep is pulling the same shit he did with Mandzu and it is total bullshit. Mandzu is a good player and so is Lewa but Pep has proven to be an idiot at handling anything that makes comprehensible sense. He's alright for the bundesliga, but shit in Europe with us.

Götze is inconsistent with us, but I have no good explanations for that one since I don't get to watch enough. As for the formation issues, I've been calling out that shit since he took over. Today was completely stupid, like he was messing around or something.

FootballFan

Abwarten. Könnte ein Spiel sein, wo wir inner 19. Minute ausgekontert werden und dann einem Rückstand hinterherlaufen :D

Bayern wird das Ruckspiel gewinnen. Kein problem.

Remember you guys were playing away, on a ridiculous pitch, with a even more ridiculous Madrid sponsored referee against a really good team.

Es wird alles gut Bla. Glaube mir, und glaube auf Pep (der gott von Catalunya).

Pep Raus.

Blablurn

Müller is and never will be a full on striker and I don't know why Löw and Pep have been trying it. He makes good things happen on that right side and he is a pretty solid second striker by the looks of his style. He isn't really some ball-control freak, it isn't his style. He is just supposed to be around in the box to pop it in and that isn't really too difficult.

Lewa isn't correctly adjusting to the shit passing style Pep is obsessed with. Lewa is great on a swift counter, he is great on a nice ball in, but he isn't some weird as hell Messi thing that will dribble past everyone. Either Lewa needs to work on set-ups and movement better of the team needs improved service.

I agree, Pep is pulling the same shit he did with Mandzu and it is total bullshit. Mandzu is a good player and so is Lewa but Pep has proven to be an idiot at handling anything that makes comprehensible sense. He's alright for the bundesliga, but shit in Europe with us.

Götze is inconsistent with us, but I have no good explanations for that one since I don't get to watch enough. As for the formation issues, I've been calling out that shit since he took over. Today was completely stupid, like he was messing around or something.

Couldnt agree more. With everything you said.

But maybe Bayern will upload more videos of their incredible rondo passing during the training on YouTube to make us think that THE SYSTEM WORKS.

pulga

Banned
BayernGAF finally realizing what a fraud Pep is
qBsuB5s.png

What a time to be alive. Imagine what it'll be like when they fucking lose a game.

Tubie

Is BayernGAF really worried about this? You will destroy Shakhtar at home.

When the time comes and you face stronger teams you will play better and with more motivation.

I still see Bayern and Barca as the favorites to win the CL this season.

Phlebas

Banned
Is BayernGAF really worried about this? You will destroy Shakhtar at home.

When the time comes and you face stronger teams you will play better and with more motivation.

I still see Bayern and Barca as the favorites to win the CL this season.

Barca with that defense?

I'd give it to Bayern before Barca

wedward

Lewa doesn't seem to fit the style Pep wants to play. Odd transfer.

But then again he is the man who thought Ibra would fit in with Barca.

Sure he scored some goals, but it never really worked.

Phlebas

Banned

Yeah because Pep was a massive cunt.

If it wasn't for him Ibra would've been much better in that team.

pulga

Banned
Pep has no fucking clue what to do with strikers, he got too used to playing with cheat-mode on due to Messi carrying his overrated doucheface.

Blablurn

Lewa was not a Pep transfer. That deal was already in the making when Heynckes was our coach. Same with Götze.

Pep wanted Neymar instead of Götze. And he never wanted Lewa in the first place. But his problem is that Götze is too bad to play the false 9 like Messi. Yes, his tactics might work in the Bundesliga but look at Lewa now. We are halfway through the season and his confidence is as low as Dortmunds positon in the Bundesliga table right now. He will not come back this season.

Barzul

Lewa was not a Pep transfer. That deal was already in the making when Heynckes was our coach. Same with Götze.

Pep wanted Neymar instead of Götze. And he never wanted Lewa in the first place. But his problem is that Götze is too bad to play the false 9 like Messi. Yes, his tactics might work in the Bundesliga but look at Lewa now. We are halfway through the season and his confidence is as low as Dortmunds positon in the Bundesliga table right now. He will not come back this season.

We should trade for Giroud. Didn't you guys want him once upon a time?

wedward

Yeah because Pep was a massive cunt.

If it wasn't for him Ibra would've been much better in that team.

That team went on to win everything and is arguably the best club team of all time, so going with Messi over Ibra probably was the right choice.

Ibra may have been a board signing.

Bayern gaf so insecure arsenal gaf so confident what an irony

Arsenal gaf is always confident.

Eh, I guess the board are thinking long term with those signings. Gotze and Lewa will still be there after Pep leaves in 2016.

Blablurn

He's ok. He only said he respects your opinions. German is just longer.

BTW Bla, how is the 3DS? I am STILL undecided if I should go XL or regular.

My old 3DS has sometimes felt a little too small for some games (Ocarina), but the new one is already a tad bigger (even without the XL).

PS: Just watching Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Palestinian Chicken. It's so, so wrong, but maybe one of the best episodes of the whole show.

I barely play with the 3DS :lol It feels good tho. Finished the first dunegeon in Majoras. Unfortunately I havent seen the regular one yet. But I think the XL has a good size. A very good size. The screen looks awesome and the controls are very comfortable. The C-stick helps a lot.

FootballFan

Pep away champions league games when he won treble;

Wisla Krakow 1 - 0 barca
Shakhtar 1 - 2 barca(2 Messi goals in last 5 mins for the remuntada)
Basel 0 - 5 barca
Sporting 2 - 5 barca
Lyon 1 - 1 Barca
Bayern 1 - 1 Barca
Chelsea 1 - 1 Barca

Incredible. The sporting and Basel game were the only easy away matches.

Then in 2011 when he won CL again, he drew 1-1 away with Rubin kazan, 1-1 away to Copenhagen and lost to Arsenal away.

Pep knows what he is doing

Gambit

Bunch of m8s.

0mL8KGB.jpg

Why does Kampl have legs like a Korean girl?

Müller is and never will be a full on striker and I don't know why Löw and Pep have been trying it.

Agreed with whole thing.

The funny thing is that at the time Lewa in particular was the one transfer I really wanted and thought would be an improvement over Mandzu. But then with Pep everything changed too much

Pep has no fucking clue what to do with strikers, he got too used to playing with cheat-mode on due to Messi carrying his overrated doucheface.

Using Messi is a bit like cheat-mode indeed.

It's definitely one of the best. That social assassin.

That description fits Larry David so perfectly. It's incredible that they only came up with it in Season 8!

I barely play with the 3DS :lol It feels good tho. Finished the first dunegeon in Majoras. Unfortunately I havent seen the regular one yet. But I think the XL has a good size. A very good size. The screen looks awesome and the controls are very comfortable. The C-stick helps a lot.

Thanks. I really wish there would be demo stations at the local stores. I haven't seen either. At least not unboxed. Might go XL, I guess.

K1LLER7

I'll take Pep.

I've gotten used to seeing us play with 'dead' strikers. At least least the midfield will play nice triangles.

Blablurn

Is his contract up this summer? Or are you thinking he will be sacked/walk this summer?

I think his contract has one more year. Rummenigge tried to talk about an extension but Pep said no. They want to do it after the season.

But lets face it. Did Bayern really get Pep to win the 25th and 26th Bundesliga title and maybe some German Cup competitions? Nope. They want that CL victory. And believe it or not. After Madrid last year there were already some doubters. If we had lost against Dortmund in the cup competition, who knows what would have happened.

And if we embarrass ourselves again this year, I can see him leaving. Maybe they wont call it "firing" to keep Peps face.

The first 10 pages of that thread were people posting "disgonbegood.gif" shit or hoping the thread would turn to shit.

People wanting a game to fail or be not very good is just the most ridiculous thing ever. That thread never stood a chance though, unfortunately. Hopefully the game is good even if it has some issues (although most games do)

wedward

I think his contract has one more year. Rummenigge tried to talk about an extension but Pep said no. They want to do it after the season.

But lets face it. Did Bayern really get Pep to win the 25th and 26th Bundesliga title and maybe some German Cup competitions? Nope. They want that CL victory. And believe it or not. After Madrid last year there were already some doubters. If we had lost against Dortmund in the cup competition, who knows what would have happened.

And if we embarrass ourselves again this year, I can see him leaving. Maybe they wont call it "firing" to keep Peps face.

I hope he wins you lots of trophies and stays until 2017 when Wenger leaves and he comes to Arsenal.

Pep and Arsenal. A match made in beautiful football heaven.

Pennywise

Why does Kampl have legs like a Korean girl?

The funny thing is that at the time Lewa in particular was the one transfer I really wanted and thought would be an improvement over Mandzu. But then with Pep everything changed too much.

No idea, he should get on of these famous surgeries and work as idol.

Götze as false 9 was the worst move ever, but he is still a young guy who needs more time on the pitch and a position.
As RM and OM he is great, but he won't develop if he is constantly playing on different positions....and by being handled like the worst player ever with Weiser coming on, instead of him.

Lewa on the other hand is really looking weak, partly because he doesn't seem integrated.
Laufwege is the key word, he totally looks out of it and he isn't integrated in the passings either.
I would strongly suggest getting back to 4-2-3-1.

Lewa
Ribery Götze Robben
Schweinsteiger/Thiago Martinez/Alonso/Rode
Alaba Badstuber/Benetia Boateng Lahm

Should be the formation to go.

Jarnet87

I felt like Pep was always going to be judged solely on European competition. You or me could manage that side to a Bundeslolga title.

Pennywise

People wanting a game to fail or be not very good is just the most ridiculous thing ever. That thread never stood a chance though, unfortunately. Hopefully the game is good even if it has some issues (although most games do)

Some of the arguments are just ridicilous.
People are acting like they can't resell it and get most of their money back or that that someone is forcing them to buy it.
Or that this game will lead to shorter games and all that shit...

I mean I sold Fifa 15 for 30€ today and Shadow of Mordor as well (which offered no replayability...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom