• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconian

Pep away champions league games when he won treble;

Wisla Krakow 1 - 0 barca
Shakhtar 1 - 2 barca(2 Messi goals in last 5 mins for the remuntada)
Basel 0 - 5 barca
Sporting 2 - 5 barca
Lyon 1 - 1 Barca
Bayern 1 - 1 Barca
Chelsea 1 - 1 Barca

Incredible. The sporting and Basel game were the only easy away matches.

Then in 2011 when he won CL again, he drew 1-1 away with Rubin kazan, 1-1 away to Copenhagen and lost to Arsenal away.

Pep knows what he is doing

lol at putting that Chelsea result on there with a straight face

scabro

I hope he wins you lots of trophies and stays until 2017 when Wenger leaves and he comes to Arsenal.

Pep and Arsenal. A match made in beautiful football heaven.

he would stay for 2 years at most and then leave us in disarray

and if mourinho is still around by then Pep might literally go insane.

but if he got us trophies id be alright with a few years of limbo after he leaves

he is never coming

Jarnet87

Pep is only going to one place after Bayern, we all know it.

Citeh

I don't like tiki taka, but I'd take him just to kill the hoof ball we've been playing the past 2 seasons. bring the ball back to the ground at Manchester should be our slogan.

Hixx

Some of the arguments are just ridicilous.
People are acting like they can't resell it and get most of their money back or that that someone is forcing them to buy it.
Or that this game will lead to shorter games and all that shit...

I mean I sold Fifa 15 for 30€ today and Shadow of Mordor as well (which offered no replayability...)

Are you going to buy the Xbone version m8

Lightning

Banned
I hope he wins you lots of trophies and stays until 2017 when Wenger leaves and he comes to Arsenal.

Pep and Arsenal. A match made in beautiful football heaven.
As much as I would love Pep at Arsenal I just can't see him coming to us. Would love it though, wish Wenger would leave in 2016 if Pep becomes available then.

Pennywise

Are you going to buy the Xbone version m8

I only have a PC and PS4, plus older consoles.

We have to stick to CS
b3rWHTL.png

FootballFan

lol at putting that Chelsea result on there with a straight face

True, had abidal not been unfairly sent off barca may have scored 2 or 3 in that game

And imagine ref saw ballack hand ball in the first half too. Game would have been over 10 minutes in.

Those goals would be on top of the penalty call Henry didn't get in the first leg.

Incredible.

Mes que un club

boring discussion

wedward

As much as I would love Pep at Arsenal I just can't see him coming to us. Would love it though, wish Wenger would leave in 2016 if Pep becomes available then.

An honorable club for an honorable man.

Truly the leading light in world football.

he would stay for 2 years at most and then leave us in disarray

and if mourinho is still around by then Pep might literally go insane.

but if he got us trophies id be alright with a few years of limbo after he leaves

he is never coming

I'd be fine with 2 years. Don't know why he would leave us in disarray unless he doesn't adequately replace players he dumps. But I can't imagine he would come if he didn't have a budget to build the squad he wants. In 2017 we are going to be rich as hell. We already are.

scabro

if Pep really wants to go down in history, he would do 1 of 2 nigh impossible things.

1. Lead Arsenal to Champions League glory

2. Lead Liverpool to a league title.

Zabojnik

if Pep really wants to go down in history, he would do1 of 2 nigh impossible things.

Pep is a coward. He'll probably go to City or PSG next. Or Juve, if we had the cash to pay his salary and buy him the best players in the world. Sorry, FF. He's not even your coach anymore, stop caring pls.

Clydefrog

Barca was basically the 2010 World Cup winning Spanish national team when Pep coached it.

Bayern is basically the 2014 World Cup winning German national team... and Pep coaches it.

FootballFan

if Pep really wants to go down in history, he would do 1 of 2 nigh impossible things.

The arsenal one is achievable. Champions league can be really random.

League with Liverpool would be hard considering the oil clubs Chelsea and man city would probably continue to dominate.

That was me being angry he left.

Don't make me delete my tweets blaface.png

Razor554

Please, FF. Sometimes it's like people don't remember how good Rijkaard's Barca was at its top. Pep is obviously a great coach, but he's not the messiah.

I don't think people remember how shit Rijkaard's Barca was in it's last season.

My god we were shit. If we had like 3 points less we would have been in UEFA cup the next season.

Is it a sign of a much hated team when they all crowd the ref for no reason when a decision is given against their team?

Bayern and Chelsea are notorious for it and both pretty hated by neutrals

FootballFan

Pep is a coward. He'll probably go to City or PSG next. Or Juve, if we had the cash to pay his salary and buy him the best players in the world. Sorry, FF. He's not even your coach anymore, stop caring pls.

It's not about caring. It's about letting someone spread false information.

Like me telling everyone here thiago motta is much better than pogba.

Sure you wouldnt get angry or care, but you'd want to correct me cause I'd be wrong.

Pep took barca over when we finished 3rd in la liga to Madrid and villarreal. When Madrid beat barca 4-1. After he coached barca b to the 2nd division of spain.

He moved Messi to the middle. He brought in Pedro, pique and busquets and turned them to world cup winners. Got the team playing GOAT football. He kicked out Ronaldinho and Deco.

The season before he came, barca finished 20~ points behind Madrid. 4 points away from being in UEFA cup.

Far from what everyone considers "durr he took over the best team in the world that Rijkaard built"

people still don't seem to understand pep was leaving in that last season even if barca won the treble. There were problems beyond just the team, back boardroom too.

Ugh.

Pep 4 lyfe

Come back

Footy really needs a only Captain can talk to ref rule

You're right, definitely.

I fucking hate it when Diego Costa for example, two footed tackles someone from behind, and the ref gets a card out.
Then I see John fucking Terry and co, leg it from the other side of the pitch just to get in the refs face.

3 match ban pls....

Probity

Finally back, I needed some Ice cream to deal with the frustrations of Pep's inadequacy. He refuses to get a proper right back, he refuses to play proper CB's, he refuses to rework our play style up top, he plays the defense too high up, he can't make up his mind about Alaba, he keeps tinkering with shit formations, he has a fundamental misunderstanding of how to work our prospects, and he still thinks that playing the football equivalent to catch is how to win. Incompetent fool. His only redeeming quality is his fashion sense and inherited success with Barca. Doesn't help that he is also a prick on top of being devoid of any real tactical ability.

Wilbur

Banned
That video's abhorrent. Scumbags, the lot of them. Unfortunately they'll probably never identify them such is the quality of the video.

jts

...hate me...
With Messi in full blown SSJ3, ain't nothing stopping Barça from winning the CL.
CL final is in May. A few months ago Madrid were averaging 4 goals scored per game, game against Barça included. Chelsea looked half decent. Bayern were alive.

Things change really quick in footsies.

FootballFan

Don't worry wedward m8 I'm calm.

It's common for Bayern fans to complain when they have it good. It's just how it is.

Pep won Bundesliga, pokal, UEFA supercup and club world cup in his first season. Plus got bayern to cl semis.

Now has them 8 points ahead in Bundesliga, still in the German cup and a home game vs Shakhtar in the cl.

That is terrible.

He'll win the CL with bayern and we will look back and laugh at this. :p

Life bans from football, whatever governmental punishment can be handed out as well

Disgrace to the country, never mind the sport.

It's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom