• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern fans :lol

Win 8:0 at the weekend

37 points clear at the top of the Bundesplate

Draw away in the first leg of a CL tie, and react like they've been relegated

Clydefrog

Damn. FF is going to be like Charlie in the mail room.

Can't keep up with it all.

6XQCq4H.jpg

Elchele

Bayern fans :lol

Win 8:0 at the weekend

37 points clear at the top of the Bundesplate

Draw away in the first leg of a CL tie, and react like they've been relegated

considering the quality we have in our squad, it is ridiculous to be playing like shit. And most of that could be related to Pep changing the formation for every match. Players just can't change from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 to 3-4-3 to 3-3-3-1 every week

FootballFan

Did anyone actually use listening mode in the last of us?

I hope not. It's such a stupid thing to put into the game but I understand why they had to

Bit fucking spoilt of Bayern fans to be complaining about a scoreless draw with ten men away in the Champions League.

Lol yep.

I even pointed out that pep wasn't very good for barca away in cl either but that doesn't seem to matter.

Without alonso and with 11 players, at home, they will destroy Shakhtar. Can't wait to read back to these pages after that happens

Probity

I would feel the same way, but I don't know anymore. I used to be a bit bigger on the power of that Allianz, but these last few years we've been just ok at home. I remember not being worried about the 1-0 in Madrid because we were coming home for the second leg and we'd be fine. Wrong. I remember playing the final in our own stadium against Chelsea. How could we mess up that far in? We did. Those are the high profile cases but it actually happens a solid amount looking back the last 4 years where our home record hasn't been as good as it definitely could and should be.

I don't trust Pep with much either though. Even if we did win the CL with a player like fucking Rafinha in the starting 11, I'd criticize the total idiocy of the decision. We could win constantly, which we mostly do, but Pep still makes dumb choices and has shown that he doesn't always know what he is doing. Maybe I am spoiled now by these years of success, but I figure I can criticize the team's issues just as much as some other team. Just because they are in a worse situation doesn't mean my issues don't exist. It is reasonable for the fans to demand better, I think, and I don't understand why it is just us doing it at this level.

Edit: RIP Tito.

Another Edit: FF, thank you dearly for suggesting CDM. I don't mention my games much but I had an away match today and we've been solid since our formation shift. You're making my coach look like a genius and I am pretty sure I am next in line for the captain spot on my team.

jts

...hate me...
Lol yep.

I even pointed out that pep wasn't very good for barca away in cl either but that doesn't seem to matter.

Without alonso and with 11 players, at home, they will destroy Shakhtar. Can't wait to read back to these pages after that happens
Don't think anyone is saying Bayern shouldn't go through easily m8.

That's not a big deal.

A big deal is not getting a beating from Madrid or similar in the next rounds like last season.

Which is what this kind of exhibitions have the fans fearing for.

Understandably so.

FootballFan

^ wrong jts.

FF, pls. Enrique is a fraud. Pep is a fraud. Tito (R.I.P) was the true genius.

Tito

:(

Another Edit: FF, thank you dearly for suggesting CDM. I don't mention my games much but I had an away match today and we've been solid since our formation shift. You're making my coach look like a genius and I am pretty sure I am next in line for the captain spot on my team.

I wouldn't have known where to put you if it wasn't for Pep. thank him, not me.

Probity

I'd take midfield advice from Pep, that's fine and dandy. As for defending and putting balls in the net, my incompetent grumpy coach will do just fine.

pulga

Banned
Finally back, I needed some Ice cream to deal with the frustrations of Pep's inadequacy. [...]

Incompetent fool. His only redeeming quality is his fashion sense and inherited success with Barca. Doesn't help that he is also a prick on top of being devoid of any real tactical ability.

Woah.

You are quickly becoming my favourite poster.
OVsk9Ou.png

FootballFan

why? I played on hard and had to use it when there were a lot of those blind zombies

It's less intense, its cheating(well in other games seeing through walls is cheating) and unrealistic.

The fear of not knowing where the enemy is or where they are going to come from is the best part.

Just hearing the clicking and shitting your pants every time you move forward. So good.

When you do the listening thing, you go "oh cool, clicker is over there, I can safely just go over here" kinda ruins the whole survival aspect.

pulga

Banned
I also turned off listening mode. Such a stupid decision. Since when do fucking normal humans have a sonar.

Elchele

It's less intense, its cheating(well in other games seeing through walls is cheating) and unrealistic.

The fear of not knowing where the enemy is or where they are going to come from is the best part.

Just hearing the clicking and shitting your pants every time you move forward. So good.

When you do the listening thing, you go "oh cool, clicker is over there, I can safely just go over here" kinda ruins the whole survival aspect.

don't know how getting kill x10 times more would be fun, but ok.

jts

...hate me...
I also turned off listening mode. Such a stupid decision. Since when do fucking normal humans have a sonar.
Hey. Since when do fucking normal humans use a half-tuck.

That never stopped Naughty Dog from anything.

FootballFan

don't know how getting kill x10 times more would be fun, but ok.

That's not my point mate.

You don't have fear or suspense moving into a room when you can see through the wall and know there's nothing there.

You'd have to throw a brick in there, see if anything comes to check up what made the sound, then move forward slowly checking all directions for enemies.

In first person shooters the term is wall hacking and considered cheating for a reason lol.

You know where your opponent is, unfair advantage.

Elchele

Any of you have a 48h code for PS+? I want to buy Tomb Raider, but if I had a PS+ then the final price would be 14$ :( pls help (US account)

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Tottenham are monitoring Benfica's £20m-rated, 24-year-old Argentine winger Eduardo Salvio and are also expected to revive their long-standing interest in Southampton's Jay Rodriguez, 25, in the summer. (Daily Mirror)
Midfielder Paul Pogba, 21, has been encouraged to leave Juventus for Chelsea by former Blues striker Nicolas Anelka. (Daily Express)
Manchester United are ready to sign Borussia Dortmund contract rebel Ilkay Gundogan if the 24-year-old midfielder fails to agree a new deal to stay at Westfalenstadion. (Metro)
Real Madrid will sacrifice either Pepe, 31, or Raphael Varane, 21, with Chelsea and Manchester United keen on the central defensive pair. (Daily Star)
Swansea boss Garry Monk has identified Anderlecht striker Aleksandar Mitrovic, 20, as Wilfried Bony's replacement and will move for him in the summer. (The Sun - subscription required)
Serie A side Bologna are planning to reignite their interest in Liverpool striker Fabio Borini, 23, after a deal collapsed in January. (Daily Express)
Former Paris St-Germain forward Nene, 33, is undergoing a medical ahead of a move to West Ham. (Daily Star)

OTHER GOSSIP
Former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry, who scored 228 goals in 376 appearances with the Gunners, has been offered the chance to start his coaching career at the club. (Daily Mirror)
West Ham will make checks on the availability of Real Sociedad boss David Moyes and Besiktas manager Slaven Bilic as the club line up possible replacements for Sam Allardyce, whose contract expires in the summer. (Daily Telegraph)
Millwall's former Everton winger Magaye Gueye, 24, has been told he will not play for the club again unless he loses weight, after failing a routine body fat ratio test. (Mirror)
Former Norwich coach Mark Robson is set to join Tim Sherwood's new-look backroom team at Aston Villa after Scott Marshall left the club. (Daily Mail)
Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson made a surprise visit to Chelsea's team hotel ahead of their Champions League clash with Paris St-Germain to have coffee with manager Jose Mourinho. (The Sun - subscription required)

SOCIAL MEDIA
It was not just the return of the Champions League that got people talking on Twitter, it seems #whokilledlucy in Eastenders has also caught the attention.
QPR striker Charlie Austin has turned detective, tweeting "so Lucy was killed at home" followed by "no surely Abi didn't kill Lucy .... Jane or Bobby?".
Crystal Palace midfielder Hiram Boateng, then gave his opinion on who he thinks killed Lucy Beale: "Abi Abi Abi. Always knew she was bad to the bone", not an opinion shared by Bolton's Quade Taylor though. He tweeted: "It wasn't Abi! We don't find out who the killer is until Thursday plenty twists and turns to come!"

AND FINALLY...
Preston left-back Scott Laird, 26, has revealed that his grandma gave him £1 for scoring against Manchester United in his team's 3-1 defeat in the FA Cup on Monday as part of a tradition dating back to his childhood. (Daily Mirror)
Chelsea ended up literally 'parking the bus' ahead of their Champions League last 16 tie with Paris St-Germain on Tuesday - after the team bus got stuck as it drove into the Parc des Princes stadium. (Metro)

Midfielder Paul Pogba, 21, has been encouraged to leave Juventus for Chelsea by former Blues striker Nicolas Anelka. (Daily Express)
nCUoKLR.png

Millwall's former Everton winger Magaye Gueye, 24, has been told he will not play for the club again unless he loses weight, after failing a routine body fat ratio test. (Mirror)
ibdwxPBoU0iP8Z.png

Probity

You lot are all surprised and disgusted, I like that. I was too when I came to the US. Since my Dad's job called us to Austin, I've seen my fair share of far worse down in the southern US. Humanity is awful, I swear. They're worse here than the guys I knew attacking the Turks back home.

wedward

Is the poster Sub Zero at a Starbucks new?

I really don't know if I can deal with another member of the mortal combat in an everyday situation gestapo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom