• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Chelsea have said they ban and support any criminal action against those involved in an incident involving racism on the Paris Metro before the game last night.

The video shows a group of Chelsea fans pushing a black man off the train despite their being enough room for him to board. Chelsea fans then chant 'We're racist and that's the way we like it."

The video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC_wiXrnHZY

King_Moc

Banned
Chelsea have said they ban and support any criminal action against those involved in an incident involving racism on the Paris Metro before the game last night.

The video shows a group of Chelsea fans pushing a black man off the train despite their being enough room for him to board. Chelsea fans then chant 'We're racist and that's the way we like it."

What. The. Fuck. Cos Chelsea have no black players, right? Dimwitted cunts.

Suen

Disgusting bunch of cunts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That Gigi one is cool. His reflexes are as sharp as ever, and he seems to have improved where he is pushing the ball after a save. A few years ago he seemed to always push it into the danger zone, but is now doing a better job to push it out wide.

Zaza reminds me a lot of Bobo. The quickness of his thought and quality are unmatched in Italy right now. For too long we have produced players like Pippo, Gila, Iaquinta, Toni, and Destro who are good at being one dimensional. Zaza seems to be the most complete forward since Bobo
It could have been Mario but he has fucked himself too much
True, that rebound phase he went through was awful.

I'm Bloodborne level's of excited for next season ;_; I don't care what we do from now till May, let's just FFWD through it aaaaaaaalll. Zaza and Mimmo are 1000% going to be black and white* next season, not only because they're good enough (and because our strikers are crap and we don't have any wingers) but because we're kinda forced to buy them both or else their clause will increase in 2016 :lol

*can never rule out prison for Zazo

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

reminder: Chelsea fans are not racist, these people are though.

True, that rebound phase he went through was awful.

I'm Bloodborne level's of excited for next season ;_; I don't care what we do from now till May, let's just FFWD through it aaaaaaaalll. Zaza and Mimmo are 1000% going to be black and white* next season, not only because they're good enough (and because our strikers are crap and we don't have any wingers) but because we're kinda forced to buy them both or else their clause will increase in 2016 :lol

*can never rule out prison for Zazo

Will be exciting, I feel sorry for Sassuolo. I really have enjoyed watching them, but wthout Berardi and Zaza my interest in them will go down.

Zaza will be 15 million right? How much for Berardi?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Will be exciting, I feel sorry for Sassuolo. I really have enjoyed watching them, but wthout Berardi and Zaza my interest in them will go down.

Zaza will be 15 million right? How much for Berardi?
a quote from their sporting director, the situation is actually worse heh

“With [Simone] Zaza we’ve taken him off the market. In June Juventus have the right of first refusal to purchase him for €15m,” the director explained to TvQui.

“As for Berardi, they have the right to get him for €15m in the first 10 days of June, €20m after that.”

Zaza will be 20 in 2016, so, best case scenario is that we take them both for 30 million in June, or pay 40 million later on, if not more.

a quote from their sporting director, the situation is actually worse heh

Zaza will be 20 in 2016, so, best case scenario is that we take them both for 30 million in June, or pay 40 million later on, if not more.

I think that is good business. I didn't think at the beginning of the season when Juve sold Zaza for 7 million,???, that he would be back so soon. Letting him stay for a year has been good for his development.

I still have no idea about the Berardi contract. So he was co owned, and then Juve and Sassuolo came to an agreement to have Juve purchase him at the end of the year without the co ownership bidding???

reminder: Chelsea fans are not racist, these people are though.

As a point of fact they are Chelsea fans and I find people rushing to make this incorrect distinction to protect the sanctity of either the club or other Chelsea fans who aren't racist (you're certainly not the first to have done it) to be rather odd.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think that is good business. I didn't think at the beginning of the season when Juve sold Zaza for 7 million,???, that he would be back so soon. Letting him stay for a year has been good for his development.

I still have no idea about the Berardi contract. So he was co owned, and then Juve and Sassuolo came to an agreement to have Juve purchase him at the end of the year without the co ownership bidding???
we co-owned Berardi's contract by giving them Marrone, with no cash exchange, and then we recalled Marrone the year after and gave them Peluso and 500k, or something like this.

Technically, they won't cost us 30 million, not even close actually, since they've already paid us €7.5 for buying Zaza outright

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As a point of fact they are Chelsea fans and I find people rushing to make this incorrect distinction to protect the sanctity of either the club or other Chelsea fans who aren't racist (you're certainly not the first to have done it) to be rather odd.

u play big sam football

B-HI1b8CAAAVjjf.jpg

I am a little hard right now

jesalr

Off to India today for three weeks. I really just want to stay in my bed for the next month, I think I'm done with travel.

Cartoon, I'll see you there :p

jts

...hate me...
What do people think of Porto's chances this year? They have got to be the dark horses surely...

They'll be in the final.

Basel - Porto is going to be gr8.

It will only be great if we get the winner of the tie next round. That will be great.

And the Basel - Porto match is EL quality anyway
idyhqpvzVPjZq.png

Today is my day.

Nothing stops this train.

FootballFan

the art of defending is truly dead. Now we have shit players like Luiz , Kompany and Pique being called greats.

I can definitely agree with that. As for Pique, he still has time on his side. Sure in very recent seasons he has been off. But he performed really well the first couple of seasons or so back at Barcelona. But yea at this point in time while he is improving slightly, he would not come in the conversation at the level of Puyol, Terry or even Lucio.

edit
To be clear though, Pique has been great this season.

Shakira killed him but he seems to be back to his good self.

FootballFan

On the PS4 yes, I played for a spell but I'm giving up on it. It's a bit clanky and Elchele can only play on free online weekends and bla seems to be fully switching to PES.

I'm pushing myself a bit to learn PES too atm.

Not yet but I can like 1 hour later.

Hop online, and if you find me there I shall play. #Gaalism

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
“Fiorentina’s centre forward is slow and lazy and the full-backs don’t mark up properly,” said Conte, who visited Spurs’ new £5million training base this week.

“I would like to see Fiorentina win, but I think Spurs have the better team and are vastly superior.”

You'd better be right, Conte. I want this tie wrapped up after the first leg, we shouldn't be taking any important players to Italy 3 days before the cup final.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I can definitely agree with that. As for Pique, he still has time on his side. Sure in very recent seasons he has been off. But he performed really well the first couple of seasons or so back at Barcelona. But yea at this point in time while he is improving slightly, he would not come in the conversation at the level of Puyol, Terry or even Lucio.

even Puyol, Terry and Lucio are not that great compared to Juve's and Milan's old guard, with all due respect. Defenders are gradually getting worse now

Rugani is our only hope

FootballFan

On the PS4 yes, I played for a spell but I'm giving up on it. It's a bit clanky and Elchele can only play on free online weekends and bla seems to be fully switching to PES.

I'm pushing myself a bit to learn PES too atm.

Not yet but I can like 1 hour later.

PES Server down on my side of the planet. Will try again tomorrow morning.

Walshy

even Puyol, Terry and Lucio are not that great compared to Juve's and Milan's old guard, with all due respect. Defenders are gradually getting worse now

Rugani is our only hope
Nesta was amazing even in his later years

I remember watching a Barcelona vs Milan a few seasons back and he was simply sensational against messi

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Liverpool and Pjanic

Roma midfielder Miralem Pjanic is reported to have rejected a huge offer from English Premier League side Liverpool.

Today, the Gazzetta dello Sport carries reports of a huge offer, with a transfer fee set at €50m and Pjanic offered an €11m per year salary.

However, the sports daily states that the Bosnian international has rejected the offer, as he is unwilling to leave Roma for a team which cannot guarantee Champions League football.

99.9% sure it's all bullshit

Liverpool and Pjanic

Tell me Yurtle, is he worth that? How long is left on his contract? Does he have room to get even better? Would he provide a lot of goals/assists himself, or is he more of an Iniasisster?

Got a feeling it won't happen anyway, surely dependent on us having CL next year.

FootballFan

Rugani is our only hope

3sixty or hixx laughed when I said teams can't defend today. I'm not sure if the attacking has become priority or if the strikers have become much better.

How many strikers in recent years have got 30+ goals in 1 season. RVP, Suarez, Messi, Zlatan, Ronaldo, Cavani, Eto'o, Falcao, Costa, Aguero, Torres, Milito, Villa, Forlan, Luca Toni, Mario Gomez, Lewandowski, Benzema, Dzeko, ROONEY, Drogba etc all have. Neymar is 6 away from doing it this season too. Di Natale has probably done so as well though I am not sure.

That is a huge list of strikers. 30+ used to be a huge achievement. Just doesn't feel that way anymore. I dunno, maybe strikers always scored that much but I don't remember it that way.

We have to pray Bartra fixes this.

edit
Forgot to mention that, not only do some of these strikers beat 30, Messi for example has more than doubled that. Scored 73 in one of the seasons, forgot which.

Seventy-three.

Zabojnik

Liverpool and Pjanic

Lol, I hope so, because he isn't worth that. I rate Pjanic, but that's essential player money, which he really isn't. Don't get me wrong, he's brilliant and I would love to have him at Juve, but his performances have been pretty uneven so far. He's one of those players that shines when the whole team shines, disappears when things get tough. I wouldn't even call it lack of character, just ... I don't know.

30M€ and a 5M€ salary, sure. Almost double that ... Yeah, no.

3sixty or hixx laughed when I said teams can't defend today. I'm not sure if the attacking has become priority or if the strikers have become much better.

How many strikers in recent years have got 30+ goals in 1 season. RVP, Suarez, Messi, Zlatan, Ronaldo, Cavani, Eto'o, Falcao, Costa, Aguero, Torres, Milito, Villa, Forlan, Luca Toni, Mario Gomez, Lewandowski, Benzema, Dzeko, ROONEY, Drogba etc all have. Neymar is 6 away from doing it this season too. Di Natale has probably done so as well though I am not sure.

That is a huge list of strikers. 30+ used to be a huge achievement. Just doesn't feel that way anymore. I dunno, maybe strikers always scored that much but I don't remember it that way.

We have to pray Bartra fixes this.

edit
Forgot to mention that, not only do some of these strikers beat 30, Messi for example has more than doubled that. Scored 73 in one of the seasons, forgot which.

Seventy-three.

The standard of defending is clearly worse. Someone like Kompany wouldn't have been in the top 4/5 defenders in the PL a few years ago. Terry is probably the best at the moment and he's well off his level from 2005 - 2010.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tell me Yurtle, is he worth that? How long is left on his contract? Does he have room to get even better? Would he provide a lot of goals/assists himself, or is he more of an Iniasisster?

Got a feeling it won't happen anyway, surely dependent on us having CL next year.

I think he signed an extension last season or at the beginning of this season till 2018, but that never really meant anything when it comes to Roma.

He scores and assists all the same, he's an unbelievable CM and very Cesc Fabregas, I rate him SO highly. 50 million though? I'm not sure anyone is worth that much, unless he's a striker who guarantees 30 goals, but he's only 24! A FETUS! And well, if Herrera is worth 36 million then by all means, pay 50 for Pjanic.

edit: what Zabo said too!

Does he have room to get even better?
He does, but he's already brilliant enough.I love the guy and I think he's underrated simply because no one can pronounce his name

mad DJ skills too

tumblr_n2c4gtDqVb1qc8wb5o6_400.gif

FootballFan

The standard of defending is clearly worse. Someone like Kompany wouldn't have been in the top 4/5 defenders in the PL a few years ago. Terry is probably the best at the moment and he's well off his level from 2005 - 2010.

Yup, can't believe I managed to name 21(23 if you count Neygod and Di Natale) players who have had a season with 30+ goals in the last 7 years or so. Probably missed some too.

That means, just those 23 guys, in 1 season combined scored way over 690 goals(over 690 since they all scored more than just 30 obviously)

lol

Kompany is shite, sorry DC89. Remember when ducked from Ronaldo's kick. No good defender would ever do that, let alone a great one.

He'll probably have the game of his life vs Barca now that I said that.

Hmm. Sounds like a big risk.

Fuck it. A fair amount of the depth has been bought already, lets spend that PL money on a massive gun for the battleship.

still need a keeper, centreback, leftback, DM and 2 strikers. That would be 7 players. Too many probably, even though only 2 or 3 of them would probably go straight into the first 11 including Pjanic

jts

...hate me...
Yup, can't believe I managed to name 21(23 if you count Neygod and Di Natale) players who have had a season with 30+ goals in the last 7 years or so. Probably missed some too.

That means, just those 23 guys, in 1 season combined scored way over 690 goals(over 690 since they all scored more than just 30 obviously)

lol

Kompany is shite, sorry DC89. Remember when ducked from Ronaldo's kick. No good defender would ever do that, let alone a great one.

He'll probably have the game of his life vs Barca now that I said that.
Also Kompany vs Chelsea a few weeks ago. Didn't stretch his feet in fear to score an OG, and Remy scored.

Also,

Pkgljzr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom