• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/15 |OT14| The one where Europa&Champions League are sensationally back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting stuff on United's transfer spending last summer:

The accounts for the six months to 31st December 2014 show £120.8m of purchases occurred after 1st July 2014. This is in addition to the £60.7m spent in the three months up to 30th June 2014. In total we now know that Herrera, Shaw, Rojo, Di Maria, Blind and Falcao (well the fees associated with his loan) cost Manchester United £181,511,000 last summer.

There were sales as well of course. Danny Welbeck, Kagawa, Vidic, Evra and Buttner were all sold and many others sent out on the loan. The accounts show the sales brought in £75.4m. That still leaves an extraordinary net spend of £106.1m.

Except United didn’t have £106.1m to spend. At 30th June 2014, United’s cash balance was £66.4m. And the club didn’t spend all that money in any case.

The last few sets of accounts show Manchester United are increasingly buying players on credit, from the clubs that sell them. Transfer fees are agreed but payments are staggered over time, with the vast majority due within a year or 18 months.

Whilst other clubs have frequently “funded” transfer with these deferred payments, this is a new practice for United. Less than five years ago, United only had £11m of outstanding transfer fees due to other clubs. Things really began to change in the 2013/14 season when the figure leapt from £33m to £82m. In this latest spending splurge it has risen again from £82m to £126m at the end of September 2014, before falling back to £116m by the end of 2014.

http://andersred.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/united-buying-players-on-never-never.html

Elchele

0li1yvjkoio02tix50we.png

Pep is shit.

L1NETT

Billy Knott moaning about ticket prices for tonight's game

25 quid is a fucking pisstake, especially travelling to London on a wednesday evening

My new favourite footballer.

Which muppet says football clubs as a pillar of the community including the players are dead

jts

...hate me...
So the Chelsea fans at the Paris metro thread became the usual shitfest.

Random 'murrican: yeah, that's socca. Bunch o' divers and racists. Murrica fuck yeah *eagle cries*
Chelsea and Liverpool fans slinging shit at each other.
That stinky Suarez case dug out for the 9912314th time.

Get a grip m53s.

Rikkun

Random 'murrican: yeah, that's socca. Bunch o' divers and racists. Murrica fuck yeah *eagle cries*

Get a grip m53s.

What Chelsea supporters could learn from Lazio supporters

Get a grip m53s.
Blame the OP for putting "Chelsea fans" in the thread title. Thread was doomed from the start.

3Sixty

Get a grip m53s.

I'm staying out the thread.

But anyone that doesn't think Chelsea hardcore fan base doesn't have racist elements are clueless.

Esch

Banned
I'd like a super tight shirt next season, like Arsenal.

Can you imagine Marchisio in that

ghh

Love Puma and their tight designs

No you don't m8s. The new arsenal kit is hell for anyone with big shoulders and arms like me :/ . Can't wait till we drop puma like a bad striker tbh. Give me Nike or give me death

YES ESCH

Then we'll see Jackson joining Arsene & the gang and we'll all be on board of the Arsenal train next season.

Good times ahead.

Not sure about that m8, I don't think he quite fits Arsene's criteria, a bit too old i think. I reckon it's more Arsene's style to nab someone like Dybala or Lacazette who have a high ceiling, or someone like Cavani or Lewa that's being wasted and probably unhappy at their current club.

i like him though.

Rikkun

No you don't m8s. The new arsenal kit is hell for anyone with big shoulders and arms like me :/ . Can't wait till we drop puma like a bad striker tbh. Give me Nike or give me death

The point is that even a tiny cunt like Sanchez seems buffed.
Sorry for your shoulders Esch, I bet it's really hard to be noticed by women :(

LegoArmo

Never liked the "everyone is bad as each other" thing, surely that's not true.

#NotAllMillwallFans

Like it or not, certain clubs have image problems.

Never liked the "everyone is bad as each other" thing, surely that's not true.

#NotAllMillwallFans

Like it or not, certain clubs have image problems.

It's not true, and certainly Chelsea got lots of proper cunts as supporters. But hilarious to see it being mostly Liverpool supporters in there.
xVzszLL.png

Esch

Banned

:lol just saying it's really uncomfortable and cuts off the circulation in my arms :(.

sanchez is fucking jacked though head to toe, look at the man. he might be tiny but he's built

jts

...hate me...
kEZyE2n.jpg

idyhqpvzVPjZq.png

Show yourself to the world, Ricky.

edit: ah, fuck me.

bonus Jackson pic:

600.jpg

This guy in an Arsenal kit
iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

brb, workout time.

Hixx

Finally played a bit of Captain Toad today. It's alright. Finished Episode 1, only missing a few collectables. Definitely glad I rented it, though.

Instead we got Adidas

We'll all look like cunts
Like Bayern or Madrid

:(
Every time I see a Juventino complain about something like this, moaning about Adidas or Jeep or whatever, I wish they'd stop and think for a second what most of the rest of Serie A has - Joma and Macron, sponsors like Lete if you're fortunate enough to have a sponsor at all. We look beautiful in our slick, clean designs, of course, but beauty doesn't engorge the bank out here in the wasteland.

Rikkun

:lol just saying it's really uncomfortable and cuts off the circulation in my arms :(.

sanchez is fucking jacked though head to toe, look at the man. he might be tiny but he's built
I wish I had giant shoulders :(
kEZyE2n.jpg

idyhqpvzVPjZq.png

Show yourself to the world, Ricky.
8140_charlie_day_lacrosse.jpg

Or Milan.
As long as we don't perform as you
iyVgK5JGfI0xP.png

sorry
Every time I see a Juventino complain about something like this, moaning about Adidas or Jeep or whatever, I wish they'd stop and think for a second what most of the rest of Serie A has - Joma and Macron, sponsors like Lete if you're fortunate enough to have a sponsor at all. We look beautiful in our slick, clean designs, of course, but beauty doesn't engorge the bank out here in the wasteland.
I'm not complaining at all about money.
I usually play football with Kipsta shirts!

jts

...hate me...
Finally played a bit of Captain Toad today. It's alright. Finished Episode 1, only missing a few collectables. Definitely glad I rented it, though.
Yeah, it's pretty easy to breeze through that game.

Has some tricks up its sleeve to pad out the playtime if you're a completionist though.

KidJr

Interesting read, in some ways yes they are taking a gamble. Does this take into account the Addidas deal etc?

Also this article doesnt take into account that credit isnt really about how much cash you have in the bank but based on revenue. Which is why Man U are fine and arnt close to breaching FFP or anything. I also find it incredibly hard to imagine that those credit lines were extended for a period of just 18 month, unless the person who wrote this has working knowledge of each contract I'm calling bs.

KidJr

Like, the Lewa? The one who's dead? Why would he have a release clause?

Speaking of release clauses, remember when we had those :lol?
dcl1wy3.jpg

You think Lewa is dead because he's all of sudden turned into a shit striker or beacuse he's playing a system that doesnt suit him and his style of play?

Zabojnik

Black Sails has turned into a legit good show. Very good, even. Also, the women. All of them. One after another. Then all together.

Blablurn

Just fire Pep and buy Klopp, all problems solved.

With comments like this you're moving on thin ice, my dear Zabo. They are almost Premface-esque. And to be honest: I expect better from such a class member like you. On the other hand it's a free world and you can post whatever you like. So just see this as a general Memo.

Carbonox

With comments like this you're moving on thin ice, my dear Zabo. They are almost Premface-esque. And to be honest: I expect better from such a class member like you. On the other hand it's a free world and you can post whatever you like. So just see this as a general Memo.

953jlsdb.gif

Zabojnik

I just meant to say that it could be an easier solution to make Lewa work again, Bla. Pep is unlikely to change his ways. I don't care about Bayern - BVB wars or whatever.

Please don't shun me. I need that Order.

Blablurn

I just meant to say that it could be an easier solution to make Lewa work again, Bla. Pep is unlikely to change his ways. I don't care about Bayern - BVB wars or whatever.

Please don't shun me. I need that Order.

You had me at Hello.

I will never shun you!

You complete me.

A breakup of a beautiful friendship, this is what Pep has done.

Fire Pep and free Zabo from Bla's Prison of Discontent

jts

...hate me...
I have naturally pretty wide shoulders but honestly you can get there with work. Overhead press, pullups (weighted for the win) will get you there Ricky

Were all gonna make it breh
My pullups are always naturally weighted
idyhqpvzVPjZq.png

And also have a case of wide shoulders for my frame.

My body is just begging to get ripped. But I'm always postponing on that promise
ip2gAw8.gif

help me zyzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom