• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

tumblr_nj108f29c81thrt71o1_400.gif

What a Boss

Pennywise

Are people starting to think Dortmund may be relegated? Like, when is it going to get better? Who is going to turn it around for them?

If they are relegated eveyone leaves right?

Nope, they got contracts for the second league.

And as Milch already elaborated, we played against the third who is not totally horrible like the 3rd from the premier league.

Just look at Freiburg.
They were last when they started and climbed up to position 13 with 1 ! win.

Beating Augsburg will be necessary though.
At least fucking Hamburg lost, fuck these cunts.

Suen

lol at gaf hyping up The Order. I can't wait for the inevitable dissapointments of the game not living up to its hype, and being at most a decent game. This situation reminds me far too much of how hyped Destiny was. Everytime it got more hyped I would watch another trailer just to see what the whole deal was about, and everytime I told myself it looks like a generic as hell game without anything special going for it.

Zabojnik

That explains the input lag
baY5mNu.png

Nice try. There's basically 0 input lag when I play with Ricky and with you it was pretty darn close to that. I've been playing on German servers all my life, I get 20-30ms ping at most. Don't hate the other player, hate the game. Or yourself, really.
I'm sorry, Bla, but I'm still incredibly butthurt about you leaving the scene. I literally dreamt about playing 2vs2 with you, Jack and Ricky. Now that dream is gone, forever gone. :(

Pennywise

lol at gaf hyping up The Order. I can't wait for the inevitable dissapointments of the game not living up to its hype, and being at most a decent game. This situation reminds me far too much of how hyped Destiny was. Everytime it got more hyped I would watch another trailer just to see what the whole deal was about, and everytime I told myself it looks like a generic as hell game without anything special going for it.

What exactly would you do to give a third person shooter anything special ?
An interesting story and execution is the by far the only thing people usually mention...

And for The Order it's actually the other way around.
People got more and more cautious with Destiny, while The Order had a shitty reveal and pretty bad marketing for quite some time.
Now they're finally releasing some decent footage.

Elchele

Why would you expect anything but mediocrity from Bungie?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

There won't be a backlash because it's exclusive. Any attempt to point out its flaws will only strengthen their resolve.

I mean just look at the last trailer they put out that was basically "walk 10ft press X for movie" people were going mental over it. idk.

Watching highlights of the United game. Some thoughts:

- Rooney really was very wank. So many Hollywood balls going astray, looks so uncomfortable in tight spaces and he's terrible and playing short cushioned passes to team-mates.

- Conversely Blind really was very good. Such good defensive anticipation, great at intercepting. His passing was quick and controlled, even when passing sideways or back to recycle the ball he always did so quickly, rather than deliberate on it like our other players do. His work for the first goal was just lovely.

- I love watching Falcao celebrate scoring. Pure unbridled joy.

- Di Maria was back to being much more effective today, even though some of his passing was a bit messy which must improve.

- Adnan was quiet for a lot of the first half but way better in the second. He was looking a lot more confident and I hope he plays against Cambridge mid-week.

- Rojo continues to improve and I thought he was very good again today. Dealt with the pressure moments well and continues to be our best defender with or without the ball.

- Shaw was a bit timid but grew in to the game, especially when we went to 4-3-3 and linked up with Adnan way better.

- It was nice not seeing Jones take corners.

- #pray4Andrew

inky

I think it will probably suck, but for Sony fanboys as long as it is doing something right it will be defended to death. In this case right will be "oh, but it looks so good" so whatever...

What's discouraging is the amount of devs trying to legitimize the medium by playing less and less to its strengths (these past years you read so many comments about how they want to make things that transcends regular games, and what it often means is showing something pretty ahead of letting the player do) but hey, plenty of room for games of all kinds in the industry. The Order just looks boring as hell, and the lack of interactivity won't help matters much.

King_Moc

Banned

I've played the demo and thought it was pretty bad. Even said exactly what was wrong with it (killed enemies replaced seconds later by identikit versions of themselves, progress through levels led by AI team mates, weapons being flat out terrible), but they just ignore everything, "Early build" apparently. Sure. When you actually play it in person, it doesn't look quite as good either. Characters look amazing, but the actual levels are nothing special imo.

I've played the demo and thought it was pretty bad. Even said exactly what was wrong with it (killed enemies replaced seconds later by identikit versions of themselves, progress through levels led by AI team mates, weapons being flat out terrible), but they just ignore everything, "Early build" apparently. Sure.

:lol

"They'll patch in the fun during playtesting!!"

Blablurn

Nice try. There's basically 0 input lag when I play with Ricky and with you it was pretty darn close to that. I've been playing on German servers all my life, I get 20-30ms ping at most. Don't hate the other player, hate the game. Or yourself, really.
I'm sorry, Bla, but I'm still incredibly butthurt about you leaving the scene. I literally dreamt about playing 2vs2 with you, Jack and Ricky. Now that dream is gone, forever gone. :(

To be fair. Jack deserves all the blame cause he destroyed the dream in the first place.

GQman2121

Banned
I imagine people wouldn't be putting moustaches on their avatars if it was multiplatform.

Easy way to identify fanboys.

That's happening?

The game looks bang average. No demo means I can wait too. Hopefully the story is decent enough to carry the one dimensional looking gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom