• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

What exactly would you do to give a third person shooter anything special ?
An interesting story and execution is the by far the only thing people usually mention...

And for The Order it's actually the other way around.
People got more and more cautious with Destiny, while The Order had a shitty reveal and pretty bad marketing for quite some time.
Now they're finally releasing some decent footage.
I'm not expecting anything from The Order as a TPS, and in fact I am not even saying the developers here are doing something wrong. It's more about the gamers hyping it up to be the second coming when it doesn't look anymore special than what GoW did or RE4 did. It has solid visuals, but gameplay wise it just looks more of the same. This is fine, and not something bad but people are making it out to be something it isn't, and part of that is due to it being exclusive.

The Order had a shitty reveal, and people STILL hyped it up, what are you talking about. Go back and pay your taxes m8.

Why would you expect anything but mediocrity from Bungie?
I'm not a big fan of Bungie games and never got into the Halo wave (even though I enjoyed some of the MP in the first one) but I'd say they aren't exactly mediocre even if Destiny didn't live up to its promises.

There won't be a backlash because it's exclusive. Any attempt to point out its flaws will only strengthen their resolve.

I mean just look at the last trailer they put out that was basically "walk 10ft press X for movie" people were going mental over it. idk.
For me, when I saw the first trailers it basically was "walk 10ft and shoot"...in other words just like any other tps out there. The only cool thing about it was the setting, but Arsene Wenger didn't exist or live in London at that time so it takes away from the value of the game.

I think it will probably suck, but for Sony fanboys as long as it is doing something right it will be defended to death. In this case right will be "oh, but it looks so good" so whatever...

What's discouraging is the amount of devs trying to legitimize the medium by playing less and less to its strengths (these past years you read so many comments about how they want to make things that transcends regular games, and what it often means is showing something pretty ahead of letting the player do) but hey, plenty of room for games of all kinds in the industry. The Order just looks boring as hell, and the lack of interactivity won't help matters much.
Pretty much, it might be a blast for tps lovers but it's nothing that stands out for me. I'd love to try play it but would never buy it at a full price, just my opinion.

I've played the demo and thought it was pretty bad. Even said exactly what was wrong with it (killed enemies replaced seconds later by identikit versions of themselves, progress through levels led by AI team mates, weapons being flat out terrible), but they just ignore everything, "Early build" apparently. Sure. When you actually play it in person, it doesn't look quite as good either. Characters look amazing, but the actual levels are nothing special imo.
The actual levels were one of the worst things in the early reveals. The entire environment looked so fucking unappealing. It looked so boring that I'd rather read a book about Mark Hughes than going through it. I realize it's an (alternate) London and walking through London feels just as terrible and depressing in real but they could have at least tried to make it look more interesting.

:lol

"They'll patch in the fun during playtesting!!"
:lol

Clegg

All this talk of games makes me remember there's been no talk of a Fallout 4 release date.

It's been 7 years since F3, Bethesda.

7 years.

King_Moc

Banned
I'm not expecting anything from The Order as a TPS, and in fact I am not even saying the developers here are doing something wrong. It's more about the gamers hyping it up to be the second coming when it doesn't look anymore special than what GoW did or RE4 did. It has solid visuals, but gameplay wise it just looks more of the same. This is fine, and not something bad but people are making it out to be something it isn't, and part of that is due to it being exclusive.

The killer for it for me is that, gameplay wise, it really looks like a step back from Gears or Resi 4.

Blablurn

There are no Asians in it.

VTgwhCc.jpg

Suen

All this talk of games makes me remember there's been no talk of a Fallout 4 release date.

7 years.
I've had no proper arena shooter for over a decade and there is still no FF7 remake and FF 15 is still not out after 9 years. 7 years is nothing m17

Suen

Yup :( ut alpha showing some promise tho
As happy as I am about it the whole developer - community joint development has me a bit worried......mostly because I prefer this new UT to go away from the shit called UT2k3/2k4/UT3 and go back to UT99.

Fuck that wide fov
Fuck that shitty sniper
Fuck the lack of feeling a proper feedback when jumping, moving around and shooting someone
Fuck those vehicles.

and Bacon and Wood can piss off with their wide fov crusade.

Re: The Order, I think its look good I'm certainly looking forward to it although I don't have a PS4 yet and I don't feel particularly inclined to spend £350 for one game (theres other stuff I would play if I had a PS4 but nothing that atm makes me feel I need one).

I don't think putting moustaches on avatars makes people fanboys necessarily either, they're just excited for the game. RAD are a good developer, I have hopes for it although I think the lack of multiplayer might hurt it somewhat, feels like a missed opportunity.

7 years.

Well they made Skyrim in-between then and you got New Vegas from Obsidian... hopefully it just means they're using a new engine.

Suen

Re: The Order, I think its look good I'm certainly looking forward to it although I don't have a PS4 yet and I don't feel particularly inclined to spend £350 for one game (theres other stuff I would play if I had a PS4 but nothing that atm makes me feel I need one).

I don't think putting moustaches on avatars makes people fanboys necessarily either, they're just excited for the game. RAD are a good developer, I have hopes for it although I think the lack of multiplayer might hurt it somewhat, feels like a missed opportunity.

Well they made Skyrim in-between then and you got New Vegas from Obsidian... hopefully it just means they're using a new engine.
look at you defending fanboys, you're such a Sony fanboy

#Titanfall4Life
#PantyKnowsTheTruth

As happy as I am about it the whole developer - community joint development has me a bit worried......mostly because I prefer this new UT to go away from the shit called UT2k3/2k4/UT3 and go back to UT99.

Fuck that wide fov
Fuck that shitty sniper
Fuck the lack of feeling a proper feedback when jumping, moving around and shooting someone
Fuck those vehicles.

and Bacon and Wood can piss off with their wide fov crusade.

i91JpiDhJ19f6.gif

Salvadora

Eh, if you've seen the people with Infamous beanies or Krato's scars you'd know it's quite typical first party console warrior type behaviour.

Blablurn

Man. God of War 3 was such a cool game. I enjoyed the stupidity of it. Plus it looked awesome for a PS3 game.

Didnt care about Ascension. I want GoW for PS4 :-( Sony Santa Monica pls.

Eh, if you've seen the people with Infamous beanies or Krato's scars you'd know it's quite typical first party console warrior type behaviour.

But its not like its unfounded, God of War games are generally very well received, I don't like them myself (I also do not like Ninja Gaiden DMC etc, the only God of War I did like was the first PSP one by RAD, lool) but a game that is good is obviously going to attract supporters who want to do things like the Kratos scars etc...

Im sure there will be plenty of Halo heads and Zelda whatevers for when they launch, big popular series also attract people to a platform in the first place. I won't do it myself unless I can find a suitable way to satire it though (see my Quantum Break avatar with the Phil Spencer badge in her mouth or my current av... etc)

noal

Banned
Bantering right off tonight in here.

My hands can't hold all the banter.

That would make a cracking tag.

GQman2121

Banned
I actually think the lack of multiplayer in The Order is one of the games positives thus far. That means they had all hands on deck to focus and tell the story they want to tell.

The Last of US has an excellent multiplayer mode, but it would still be a great game without it.

There are so many games that just fail to deliver with multiplayer that it just doesn't seem worth it.

Batman, Tomb Raider, God of War..etc. These games don't need it and the empty servers two weeks after launch prove that customers don't want or demand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom