• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

what phone m8

and good to hear your sinus infection is nearly gone :)

htc one mini 2. Barely an upgrade from my One S but its 3 years old now and battered as fuck.. and the contract is cheaper per month 8)

Sinuses still fucked but I don't feel like death anymore.

Pg-58-Daniel-Sturridge.jpeg

Vt4vpiG.jpg

Hixx

how much did you bet?

I basically used Fnatic's deadness to make back the £5 of skins I lost tbh. Not buying skins to bet, just seeing what I can pick up along the way with safe bets. But I got on cw at 20%

Was on Gplay at 18 but it ended up at 42 or something... would have been close to a tenner back I think on that one before the internet RUINED it

Splatt

I don't mind that tbh. It's told the story it wanted to tell without too much filler.

Fables is my favourite series, but has suffers some dips in quality because it's gone on much longer than originally intended.

Oh, I agree, but there's really nothing like it to fill that Chew-sized hole when it's gone.

Also agree on Fables, I'm just reading it to finish the story...

Tubie

Happy about the win, too bad we lost Ramos and James (and Marcelo).

Atleti will be tough as they always are.

I just hope we keep playing well and that nobody else gets injured.

Pennywise

it must be soul crushing being at that club right now.

I don't think I've ever seen a team fall so far so fast. Even when Man Utd went from being champions to 7th it wasn't as disastrous as this.

The difference is, United was always a top team.

You know, through the mid 90s until 97 we had a great coach with Hitzfeld and won alot of competitions.
Bundesliga,CL and so on, but we were never a team that was constantly on top over a time of 15+ years.

When Bayern fought back and Hitzfeld left us, we tried to compete with Bayern on a financial level by getting the club into the stock market and taking alot of debts.
That was a crucial mistake, because they made alot of errors and spend money they didn't have.
The debt kept pilling up until finally some journalist revealed the shitty practices by the old managment, but sadly the club was near the collapse.
If stock holders and banks and other people didn't agreed to a new plan under a new managment, the club would have been dead.

Luckily they agreed to and we lost nearly all our good players, but the club lived on.
That was one of these moments you had to cherish as fan, the stadium was still full every freaking weekend, despite the club playing like shit.
Players who didn't leave the club agreed to a payment cut on their contract, something they didn't need to do.

That was just something else, just everyone worked together and with Klopp we finally had a great coach that integrated our own talented players and finally signed alot of great players for a relative small price (Barrios,Kagawa,Gündogan and many more).

So no, it's not the end of the world.
Allthough I have to admit, that I'm absolutely clueless what will happen.
There just isn't any solution at the moment.
The only thing we can do is wait, wait until we finally win some games and get some confidence.

Pennywise

Dortmund should stick to #Prospects from the Academy. Stay away from players over 25 yr olds.

The problem is our last two seasons the players that got through were just not on the level to help us.

Now we've got some great talents coming up, but the league set up a new rule.
Players under 17 can't play in the first league anymore.

They should continue their development in the youth team for 2 or more years either way, I doubt getting them into the current team would help them that much.
The players are already concentrating on getting their own shit together, they can't help our youngsters.

Elchele

The problem is our last two seasons the players that got through were just not on the level to help us.

They should continue their development in the youth team for 2 or more years either way, I doubt getting them into the current team would help them that much.
The players are already concentrating on getting their own shit together, they can't help our youngsters.

Is there any reason for the new rule? I don't get it. If a player is good enough, he should be able to play for the first team.
Oh, nvm, if the player is 17 he can play right? Then that's ok. Younger than that is really pushing it.

jts

...hate me...
^ that could be young Ribery before his unfortunate car crash.

Or if the crash never happened.

That clip from the end of the Dortmund game.

Man, what a special club.

I hope Mats took the opportunity to tell them he's off to the big time in the summer.

Clegg

Oh, I agree, but there's really nothing like it to fill that Chew-sized hole when it's gone.

Also agree on Fables, I'm just reading it to finish the story...
I've also started reading Saga which is great in its own right, but a completely different beast to Chew. It's a much darker series. Is at its best when it mixes its action with humour.

Pennywise

Is there any reason for the new rule? I don't get it. If a player is good enough, he should be able to play for the first team.

No idea.
Klopp just mentioned it when reporters asked him about the prospects in the winter camp.
Passlack and Burnic played pretty great for their age.

Looks like Sahin will forrever hold that record as youngest player.

Scum

Such a shame.

Can we have Reus?

Kingsman is so good.

What a fun movie.

I've heard nothing but good things about this film.

Splatt

I've also started reading Saga which is great in its own right, but a completely different beast to Chew. It's a much darker series. Is at its best when it mixes its action with humour.

I love how both the writer and artist of Saga give no fuck about censoring anything :lol:

Arnie

Yikes, seems Clark Carlisle threw himself in front of that lorry.
Bloody hell.

Horrendous.

I do sometimes think, standing there waiting for a tube to fly within inches of me at a speed that causes the ground to tremble, about the futility of human life against one's own will.

But then I remember Emre Can's hair and snap back to reality.

Bloody hell.

Horrendous.

I do sometimes think, standing there waiting for a tube to fly within inches of me at a speed that causes the ground to tremble, about the futility of human life against one's own will.

But then I remember Emre Can's hair and snap back to reality.
The tube thing always freaks me out.

Doesn't even take anything malicious.

What if you slipped. Or some idiot tourist who doesn't know the rules gets in your way and you trip.

It could happen. But it doesn't. London.

Arnie

The tube thing always freaks me out.

Doesn't even take anything malicious.

What if you slipped. Or some idiot tourist who doesn't know the rules gets in your way and you trip.

It could happen. But it doesn't. London.
It's crackers, especially at commuter time when every old dickhead is jostling for pole.

Louise Hamilton in her fucking business skirt thinking she owns QPR. Piss off, love, there's a tube coming and I'm not afraid to use a Fellini elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom