• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

I'm tempted to check out Jupiter Ascending. It looks like a trainwreck, but I'm wondering if it might at least be an entertaining one. I wanted to watch John Wick, but the local cinema doesn't show it.

Clegg

I love how both the writer and artist of Saga give no fuck about censoring anything :lol:
Brian K.Vaughan has never had any qualms about censorship or the lack thereof. He's a brilliant writer in this medium. You should check out 'Y:The Last Man' and 'Ex Machina' if you haven't already. Both were written by Vaughan and they're brilliant.

Splatt

I'm tempted to check out Jupiter Ascending. It looks like a trainwreck, but I'm wondering if it might at least be an entertaining one. I wanted to watch John Wick, but the local cinema doesn't show it.

Is it out?

I liked Speed Racer and Cloud Atlas, both were panned by critics and were highly divisive films, so I don't see that trend changing with Jupiter Ascending.

Brian K.Vaughan has never had any qualms about censorship or the lack thereof. He's a brilliant writer in this medium. You should check out 'Y:The Last Man' and 'Ex Machina' if you haven't already. Both were written by Vaughan and they're brilliant.

I've read Y a few years ago, loved it. Left me wrecked at the end tho :'(

I've only read the synopsis of Ex Machina and it doesn't sound like my kind of thing :|

I'm currently in the process of reading the whole Hellboy universe, including BPRD and all the spinoffs. Great stuff, but the chronology is confusing to figure out.

Ruben Neves

rubenneves1.jpg

Have you ever seen a more alpha male than this at age 17.

Pay the €40M release clause and it's yours.

The Alpha Male

The Omega Male

The Original Man

Jordan+Rossiter+Manchester+City+U21+v+Liverpool+VCPzOUO0wYBl.jpg

His footballing brain is so big, its made his head wider than it is tall.

L1NETT

Trailer looked horrendous so wasn't on my radar - looked like a crap kids film in the same vein as things like Stormbreaker or something.

Definitely want to see it now though.

nah it's nothing like that

violent brash comic thing, which tries with varying success to poke fun at the 007/spy thriller

Some fun sequences but parts of it and especially the ending left a sour mark.

Wouldn't see it again or recommend anyone rush to see it.

Is it out?

I liked Speed Racer and Cloud Atlas, both were panned by critics and were highly divisive films, so I don't see that trend changing with Jupiter Ascending.

Ebert loved Cloud Atlas

and the late great Roger was bang on

c'est genial

GorillaJu

Man Coutinho has been so excellent since we switched to the new formation. I wonder when Balotelli is getting a chance to play up front with Studge again.

El Topo

Is it out?

Out today in many regions, should be out Friday in UK. It looks like a bad movie, but at least it can't be too boring I guess.

GorillaJu

Sal I can't find your post about Black Sails but Captain Vane's voice was bothering me in just the first ep. Sounds like he gargles gravel to get into that role.

FootballFan

Man Coutinho has been so excellent since we switched to the new formation. I wonder when Balotelli is getting a chance to play up front with Studge again.

Pete, stop.

Seriously m8. Balo sucks, he ain't making it anywhere other than a mid table serie a team.

pulga

Banned
Pulga talking shit about those who just play DK64

I bet you only play shitty Souls games and Fifa.

I've never played a Souls game in my life man, but trust me, back in the day I used to buy and play everything under the sun.

And jesus every fucking one misunderstood that post
JzKGOjM.png

I bet he thinks video games are a waste of his precious time.

One day you will grow older and understand, little Bacon.

pulga

Banned
Wishing Carlisle a recovery from his physical and mental trauma. Depression's an awful, awful thing

It would just be locked quicktime though. Reserving OTs for years in advance :lol

What you can actually do is PM a mod as soon as the reservation openings are up. Imagine reserving the OT for Avengers 3: Infinity War.
9vU7w8t.png

El Topo

wut

meh as in fucking awesome one of the best comic book movies ever?

yeah then it was pretty meh

I thought it was okay, nothing more.

I actually forgot about it :lol:

Eh, it was an alright adaption, a bit meh, sure, but liked it more than the other Moore adaption, Watchmen.

I liked Watchmen when I left the cinema and didn't like it anymore once I had gotten home. Moore deserved better.

Probity

Just here to celebrate the win of my HSV...

...and laugh at Dortmund :)

I was laughing myself until I saw the gif earlier in the thread, it hurt to see their heartbroken faces. I felt so bad for them. They looked like they were lining up for a firing squad.

Wilbur

Banned
I liked Watchmen a lot. So slavishly devoted to the comic it didn't need to exist, but because it was so committed to transmitting page to screen it carried over a lot of its quality.

It seems Cesc might be out of the Villa and Everton games, I can't say I'm that bothered to be honest even with Costa out too.

Cesc has obviously been great for us but I was concerned against City with the players being tired from the Liverpool semi-final not the missing players, Ramires will presumably stay in (with Mikel still coming back from a head injury I suspect he'll be on the bench)... the squad should be plenty good enough to beat Villa even away from home with a few players out.

I hope Cuadrado starts, perhaps we could go with Willian behind Remy and Cuadrado on the right and Oscar next to Matic if Jose has any serious concerns about the creativity of the team.

nampad

I was laughing myself until I saw the gif earlier in the thread, it hurt to see their heartbroken faces. I felt so bad for them. They looked like they were lining up for a firing squad.

I am pretty used to that kind of faces, I see it every week in the mirror for like 3 years ;)

FootballFan

Cuadrado will flop hard in his first 2 games

People will laugh

He will turn it around, score goal after goal, and lead Chelsea to the cl final. Where neygod will release his wrath upon Chelsea fc and mourinho.

pulga

Banned
Blablurn said:
"yeah, look at him, he is so awesome, he always makes jokes and pleases me with his nice and friendly attitude ^_____________^ i really hope *gasps* i really hope he is going to be our new coach ^___^ . Cause you know, I have absolutely no doubt that Klopp can make it in England! He is ready to replace our current coach. Maybe he will stay even longer than our current one!! Just imagine, 19 years of Klopp would make my heart bump like never before ^__^ And did I mention his press conferences??? ooooooh eeemmm geeeeeee, he is so funny once he starts with all the jokes and teasing. hahahahaha, i wish our coach would be a lil like him. i mean, he became a solid 2nd this year. woooow, and winning two titles in a row before. HE IS COOL RIGHT? I MEAN.... THE PRESS CONFERENCE ARE QUITE SOMETHING! he is quite the mouthfull roflolololo. U know... if he really joins us.... maybe it also means we have a shot at Gündogan????? I think a german would say something like this: heilige scheissendreck!!! hahaha, Gündogan could be the missing place in our midfield puzzle. in combination with klopp we could be a european force for years!! i mean, and just imagine... every pre-match conference would be a true highlight since Klopp is speaking. And wow, from what I saw in youtube he is always happy and friendly. A TRUE PEOPLE'S MAN! HIM AND GÜNDOGAN WILL BRING US BACK TO GLORY TIMES!!!! "

Jesus

croaking

Bendtner
3N1H0Fc.png

Tubie

Couldn't see the Madrid game today, how did we look?

Is the James and Ramos situation dire? ;_;

James out for 2 months, will have surgery tomorrow. Ramos is out for 3 weeks.

What a time to be injured.

Modric should come back soon at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom