• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Some game today. Emre Can is just immense. Hercules. Ubermensch.

Man Coutinho has been so excellent since we switched to the new formation. I wonder when Balotelli is getting a chance to play up front with Studge again.

I think you mean "If". I'd say B-Rod has frozen him out and probably rightfully so.

Phlebas

Banned
Yes, many years ago.

I loved it then, do you remember it?

Also dat Odegaard

SphericalSarcasticChinchilla.gif

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
West Brom striker Saido Berahino, 21, wants to leave the club at the end of the season to "move on to better things". (Times - subscription required)
Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj, who turns 20 on Thursday, could be offered in exchange for Paris St Germain defender Marquinhos, 20, or Everton full-back Seamus Coleman, 26, this summer. (Manchester Evening News)
David Moyes' Real Sociedad are preparing a bid to re-sign Real Madrid midfielder Asier Illarramendi, 24, who is also a target for Arsenal and Liverpool. (Daily Star)
Wolfsburg's new £24m signing Andre Schurrle, 24, has said he has no regrets about his Chelsea career after completing his move back to the Bundesliga. (Guardian)
Striker Emmanuel Adebayor, 30, turned down a £1m-a-month offer to quit Tottenham for an unidentified club in Qatar during the January window. (Mirror)
Manchester United and Liverpool have been alerted to the availability of Inter Milan goalkeeper Samir Handanovic, 30, whose agent claims he will leave the club. (Express)

OTHER GOSSIP
David Moyes claims Manchester United had too many overweight players during his ill-fated spell as manager. (Telegraph)
New director of football Les Ferdinand is set to appoint Tim Sherwood as QPR manager with a brief to get underachieving players performing - as he did at Spurs last season with Emmanuel Adebayor. (Mirror)
Real Madrid assistant boss Paul Clement has emerged as a rival to Sherwood for the QPR manager's job. (The Sun - subscription required)
Hull City are lining up Bolton manager Neil Lennon to replace Steve Bruce, who has led the Tigers over just four wins in 23 Premier League games this season. (Daily Mirror)
Jack Wilshere has risked a fresh row over smoking after the 23-year-old Arsenal midfielder was pictured apparently holding a shisha pipe during night out with friends in London. (Daily Mail)
Former Manchester United forward Dion Dublin insists FA Cup glory will not satisfy the club's supporters. (Talksport)
Sunderland manager Gus Poyet has invited Bradford City to switch their FA Cup fifth-round tie to the Stadium of Light after criticising the state of the Valley Parade pitch. (Daily Mail)
After joining Derby County on loan from Hull City, Tom Ince, 23, has revealed how his temporary spell at their Championship neighbours Nottingham Forest earlier this season turned sour. (Nottingham Post)
QPR legend Rodney Marsh claims Harry Redknapp, who left the club earlier this week, jumped before he was pushed. (Talksport)
Dundee manager Paul Hartley, 38, says he turned down the chance to manage Cardiff City. (Courier)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Steven Gerrard showed off a special pair of boots on Instagram as he prepared for his landmark 700th Liverpool appearance in the 2-1 FA Cup fourth-round victory at Bolton Wanderers on Wednesday. The 34-year-old said: "I will be wearing these in the next match I play in. Appearance number 700 for the Reds!"
Renowned sports psychologist Steve Black enjoys a caffeine overload as he shares a coffee or three with QPR midfielder Joey Barton.
Having been given the all-clear following testicular cancer, Newcastle United midfielder Jonas Gutierrez has been raising awareness of the disease on social media.
Dietmar Hamann thinks his former Liverpool team-mate Danny Murphy was channelling his inner Bruce Forsyth with his choice of jacket for the BBC's coverage of Bolton against the Reds.

AND FINALLY...
Plans have been revived to build a statue in honour of Newcastle legend Alan Shearer outside St James' Park. (Chronicle)

David Moyes' Real Sociedad are preparing a bid to re-sign Real Madrid midfielder Asier Illarramendi, 24, who is also a target for Arsenal and Liverpool. (Daily Star)

David Moyes claims Manchester United had too many overweight players during his ill-fated spell as manager. (Telegraph)

iLyFDpUOiXR21.png

New director of football Les Ferdinand is set to appoint Tim Sherwood as QPR manager with a brief to get underachieving players performing - as he did at Spurs last season with Emmanuel Adebayor. (Mirror)
iKmmmdHMxjC92.png

inky

I loved it then, do you remember it?

Not really. I remember it having the most impactful knees and elbows I've ever seen in a martial arts movie, and some impressive displays of agility by the lead, but other than that it's a bit of a blur.

Meier

Took over Man City in an FM game after 3 years of coaching MK Dons. Meh, it's just too boring being a coach of a big team on here. The best part of FM is growing players.. am I really gonna bench Aguero and co? Meh. Reloading my save before I took the job.

Jarnet87

Players were fat and lacking motivation, continue to play them instead of benching or shipping them off.

Moyesus.

At least Gaal has almost completed the clear out. Valencia and Young are next, followed by our group of misfit broken CBs unless they show a serious turn around from now til May.

inky

Inky please watch that video and respond.

Yea, I did m44! That's what I remember, the way he just jumped into fools and elbowed everything. You actually see the hits make contact and push the guys back.

I was looking at another video and saw the street parts where he is kinda running between cars and through a market and does splits on tables and jumps back like nothing. Crazy shit.

At least Gaal has almost completed the clear out. Valencia and Young are next, followed by our group of misfit broken CBs unless they show a serious turn around from now til May.

Valencia and Young are his favourites. He'll sooner ship Rafa off than either of them. Jonesy is taking corners and free kicks and stuff. He's the true #prospect.

Phlebas

Banned
Yea, I did m44! That's what I remember, the way he just jumped into fools and elbowed everything. You actually see the hits make contact and push the guys back.

I was looking at another video and saw the street parts where he is kinda running between cars and through a market and does splits on tables and jumps back like nothing. Crazy shit.

So brutal, need to re-watch it.

if memory serves me right, he did all his own stunts for that movie

FuturusX

Players were fat and lacking motivation, continue to play them instead of benching or shipping them off.

Moyesus.

But what about Falcao? He's fat and lacking in motivation.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I'm watching Honduras - Venezuela
It's like South Africa all over again

GQman2121

Banned
Just watched the Bolton/LFC highlights. Coutinho has become a proper #10. Scary.

I hope Izzy Brown or Ruben Loftus-Cheek are the next Sterling for us. Or we just buy Sterling. He's brilliant.

Just watched the Bolton/LFC highlights. Coutinho has become a proper #10. Scary.

I hope Izzy Brown or Ruben Loftus-Cheek are the next Sterling for us. Or we just buy Sterling. He's brilliant.

Im not sure I would be willing to sanction another £50m+ Liverpools way after Torres :p

Messi

Neymar in 67 official games for Barça :

54 Starts
37 Goals
15 assists

What a complete and utter flop.

Happy birthday Neymar.

Elchele

Dortmund won't go down. But Klopp surely will leave at the end of the season, I think Tuchel will take over (kind of ironic in some strange way I guess).

It'll be weird to see Dortmund out of CL, tho. I hope Schalke stay out of CL too.

Bayern, Gladbach, Wolfsburg and Leverkusen in CL

Augsburg, Hoffenheim (lol) and whoever in EL.

edit: damn it, Bremen are back on track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom