• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
I've been reading old threads. Saving some classic moments.

How can people even imply I'm rvy btw. pls. I used to make at least 20 posts/season. lol j/k. more probably. But I've been here since forever.

I think I stopped posting so much / at all after Porto got trashed by Arsenal and later by City in europe. Got too embarrassed.

After a while a lot of fucks were new, some regulars stopped as well (even though they still post in GAF) so I just stopped feeling comfortable here. There's also that.

Having fun in the WC 2014 thread is what brought me back.

FootballFan

I've been reading old threads. Saving some classic moments.

How can people even imply I'm rvy btw. pls. I used to make at least 20 posts/season. lol j/k. more probably. But I've been here since forever.

I think I stopped posting so much / at all after Porto got trashed by Arsenal and later by City in europe. Got too embarrassed.

After a while a lot of fucks were new, some regulars stopped as well (even though they still post in GAF) so I just stopped feeling comfortable here. There's also that.

Having fun in the WC 2014 thread is what brought me back.

Rvy pls.

jts

...hate me...
LOL

Edit
How times have changed.

:(

By then I wasn't posting much anymore. I have zero posts in that thread.

Times change for every1 m8 and they never stop doing it so. I could be reading that thread back then and thinking the same. I probably did.

But Yurt will love you once again.

Here's proof of my old existence:

4uSmjq7.png
Even then Yurt ignored me so you know it's legit.

jts

...hate me...
ok :-(

when are you leaving to Finland?

In 48 hours I start my trip. Should be there in 60 something hours. Yeah.

Bags are 90% packed. Heavy as shit. Shouldn't have brought my consoles. Hope I don't have to pay for overweight.

Lots of stuff to take care of during this final couple of days here. Stress.

FootballFan

In 48 hours I start my trip. Should be there in 60 something hours. Yeah.

Bags are 90% packed. Heavy as shit. Shouldn't have brought my consoles. Hope I don't have to pay for overweight.

Lots of stuff to take care of during this final couple of days here. Stress.

Just change the address to Finland on your Xenoverse preorder, should be fine.

jts

...hate me...
Just change the address to Finland on your Xenoverse preorder, should be fine.
:lol

That reminds me how much more expensive and hard to find stuff on local stores etc is there.

Even shipping from the traditional UK stores is more expensive and stuff takes longer to arrive.

That is totally the reason why I haven't preordered DBXV.

Elchele

That reminds me how much more expensive and hard to find stuff on local stores etc is there.

Even shipping from the traditional UK stores is more expensive and stuff takes longer to arrive.

go digital m8
it is the way

FootballFan

Yeah I pre-ordered my Xenoverse copy from the UK so I'll get it a week after release unfortunately :(

Koko

Banned
fuuuck, i wake up and find out hames is out for 2 months

This could be a blessing in disguise. We can now have a midfield of Isco-Khedira/Illaramendi-Kroos for the derbi instead of James starting; which should help us to have a better control of the match.

Although it may affect us in the long run to have a tiny squad. Hopefully Modric is back soon.

GorillaJu

FSG seem keen to get rid of Rodgers, given how they contacted AVB and all. If we don't get top 4 (which seems likely given how Arsenal and Utd are looking like they'll finish the season in strong form), I could see Rodgers being shown the door.

In that case, I imagine FSG will be looking at Klopp, who was one of the very first targets they wanted back as far as Hodgson getting fired. I wonder if he'll finally be tempted after this season with Dortmund. Liverpool's team ethos and the city and fan base would be a great fit for Klopp I think.

Tubie

This could be a blessing in disguise. We can now have a midfield of Isco-Khedira/Illaramendi-Kroos for the derbi instead of James starting; which should help us to have a better control of the match.

Although it may affect us in the long run to have a tiny squad. Hopefully Modric is back soon.

No, it will be BBC and then Isco Kroos Khedira in the midfield. I rather have James in than Khedira, so it is a huge loss.

Koko

Banned
No, it will be BBC and then Isco Kroos Khedira in the midfield. I rather have James in than Khedira, so it is a huge loss.

Having both James and Isco in the midfield against team like Atletico is way too risky.

And if have to choice between one or the other I prefer to have Isco alongside Khedira/Illaramendi-Kroos.

Salvadora

FSG seem keen to get rid of Rodgers, given how they contacted AVB and all. If we don't get top 4 (which seems likely given how Arsenal and Utd are looking like they'll finish the season in strong form), I could see Rodgers being shown the door.

In that case, I imagine FSG will be looking at Klopp, who was one of the very first targets they wanted back as far as Hodgson getting fired. I wonder if he'll finally be tempted after this season with Dortmund. Liverpool's team ethos and the city and fan base would be a great fit for Klopp I think.
AVB?

Surely FSG can't be that stupid.

If they were to get relegated or stay up they obviously might part ways (sacking or mutual, I don't know) but I wouldnt be surprised if they did get relegated if he stayed to fix it and get them promoted again.

I think Rodgers will be out if you don't get CL though, Klopp probably would be a good fit. AVB though, looooool you dodged a bullet there.

cashman

Banned

If we keep up this form and finish just outside the top 4, I think Rodgers would stay given what he had to deal with at the start of the season.

I would but mostly just to see how they would spend it. Round one ended up being pretty interesting.

Hopefully we wouldn't spend it on such simplistic targets like we did when Torres left. A big man up front, an old school winger, and a set piece/long ball merchant. Kenny and Commoli were trying to turn us into the kind of team which has been left behind in the modern game.

I think he'll stay even if we don't get top 4, as long as we get top 6 or so, and don't fall apart again between now and May. It'd be a ridiculous move to throw such a spanner in the works to bring in a manager who's already failed twice in the PL, or one who's just taken his team from 2nd to a relegation battle, no matter how well Klopp has done in the past.

It'd be ridiculously double-standardish to fire Rodgers for taking us from 2nd to 7th/8th, in favour of someone who's overseen an even more drastic freefall. Assuming they're even being informed by someone with a slightest clue, they should know that things are looking okay for next season even if we've left ourselves too much to do this time around.

Though they could balance that against the three big problems of finishing too far below where we did last year and outside the top 4, getting knocked out of the CL early, and the utter idiocy of spending most of the CL money on Balotelli, who was a ludicrous transfer from the beginning.

GorillaJu

It's true. There were rumors that FSG had contacted AVB over the last few months and the man himself later confirmed that we had inquired, but that he wanted to stay at Zenit. I don't know what will become of Rodgers but while he may have garnered a lot of good will for the previous season almost winning the title, there must be something that makes Werner, Ayre and co. think that he's not the right long term selection. I suppose it's possible they felt Rodgers was being too complacent and wanted to give him a reminder that he isn't invulnerable and thus contacted AVB and leaked it out, but I think it's more likely they're just dissatisfied with his ability to sign players and get them performing.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal fans need to look at themselves and understand where we would be if the board listen to them idiots in their cries for Coyle when he was going well, Laudrup when he was going well, bloody Roberto Martinez last season.

Rodgers doesn't deserve the sack. He overachieved last season, this season the hilarious expectations along with no Suarez, things were always going to be harder. The fact is Arsenal, Chelsea, United, City and Liverpool all have teams that could make the top 4 but one will dip out. It's just that simple and for that team it will be bitterly disappointing but replacing manager doesn't necessarily mean better results. Especially since Arsenal and Liverpool don't have infinite budgets.

My only issue with Rodgers is he a big enough name to attract the best players? It doesn't seem like it. Liverpool last season didn't get their main targets, despite nearly winning the league and qualifying for the CL, that is concerning for Liverpool.

TeddyBoy

It's true. There were rumors that FSG had contacted AVB over the last few months and the man himself later confirmed that we had inquired, but that he wanted to stay at Zenit. I don't know what will become of Rodgers but while he may have garnered a lot of good will for the previous season almost winning the title, there must be something that makes Werner, Ayre and co. think that he's not the right long term selection. I suppose it's possible they felt Rodgers was being too complacent and wanted to give him a reminder that he isn't invulnerable and thus contacted AVB and leaked it out, but I think it's more likely they're just dissatisfied with his ability to sign players and get them performing.

I wouldn't be surprised if AVB was contacted when Rodgers was doing badly during our first three months of the year but since then I think we're ok.

I doubt Rodgers will get the sack since he seems to have blended in most of the new signings and we're on good form right now. Once the season ends I think he'll be fine unless next season starts as badly as this one.

I did read a comment a while back about how the owners were actively looking to change the setup of the club. This included all things from manager to the transfer committee in response to this summers signings.

Also since we have some new faces here I'd like to welcome the new people to FootyGAF :)

Esch

Banned
We were talking about it in the whatsapp a bit but yeah, I like Brenda. Sure he has lots of stupid quotes (defending is easy) and you can definitely call out a few of his transfers but its a short list of managers that are consistently ace in the market. I kinda enjoy watching his back 3 more than Uniteds. a nice alternative given that they don't really have a good holding mid.

Super easy target though. talk of sacking him is crazy imo

herod

I could see anyone involved with the balotelli signing being fired. 16 million is a ridiculous amount of money to risk.

We were talking about it in the whatsapp a bit but yeah, I like Brenda. Sure he has lots of stupid quotes (defending is easy) and you can definitely call out a few of his transfers but its a short list of managers that are consistently ace in the market. I kinda enjoy watching his back 3 more than Uniteds. a nice alternative given that they don't really have a good holding mid.

Super easy target though. talk of sacking him is crazy imo

Yeah. Brendan is good.

And he would cost a fortune. People expecting Dortmund to do a fire sale at bargain bin prices are in for a shock come the summer.

Hummels was my preference last summer. Honestly don't know which CB should we get this summer mostly because I don't even know of a proper world class CB that would want to move or team want to sell.

Also keep in Mind:

Smalling cost us 12 million
Jones cost us like 18 million

Back line for next season has to have:
Rojo
McNair
Shaw
Young? (fuck me)
Rafael
New CB
New RB

Keep Blackett/Jones since we will have people getting injured.

Klopp killed Hummels :(

http://gfycat.com/RevolvingPowerlessDogfish

I hope Dortmund go on a winning streak. Overall they are not that behind to get to safety but the results, play (from what I read) and just team confidence overall will be difficult to overcome.

Fucking hell. Pub league stuff. Can will replace him in the NT soon.

Based on how he has treated him, I don't think he wanted to sign him.

Disagree. Think he wanted him (wasn't the first option though) but has merely realised that he's fucking useless, and to get even mediocre performances out of him, you have to sacrifice the rest of the team to accomodate his weaknesses.

Kompany said:
5 points behind in January, big deal

Talk like that doesn't seem so clever when its coming from a balloon-headed overrated media darling who is more likely at the moment to cost City a goal than to prevent one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom