• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So the only way another team is going to win the title is if they 2 fuck up?

I find that hard to believe really. Man U and Arsenal are starting to be able to make the kind of transfer that they have been doing over the past few years.

Of course, we are talking about megaclubs that can buy multiple £40m players in one window. Wenger has never even won a game against Mourinho, he cannot compete with the moneybags teams on or off the pitch.

Arsenal might buy one £40m player a year but teams like Chelsea are buying £20m left-backs and leaving them on the bench as well as buying their £40m forwards.

RiggyRob

Ah, Cup day. Hoping we (Sporting CS) can manage to get through to the quarterfinals - never heard of the team we're playing against, so I assume they're in a higher league, but we can still pull off an upset!

deroli

Today is gonna be one of those days again

juhubundesliga6urk3.png

Godan

Of course, we are talking about megaclubs that can buy multiple £40m players in one window. Wenger has never even won a game against Mourinho, he cannot compete with the moneybags teams on or off the pitch.

Arsenal might buy one £40m player a year but teams like Chelsea are buying £20m left-backs and leaving them on the bench as well as buying their £40m forwards.

Yes before the FFP came in. Now that its here they can't do that as much. Plus we all know Mourinho will only be here for another season or two till Abramovich get bored of him and kicks him out.

I still believe that Arsenal are only a few players away from a team that can win the league and give Man U a few season and they will be the same.

Today is gonna be one of those days again

juhubundesliga6urk3.png

I don't even know who to play in attack

Auba hasn't done shit but he's fast as fuck, so we should start him in case there's just one good chance to counter
Reus was terrible but we must start him in the hope that he plays at least decently
Kampl hasn't done shit in attack either, at least his defending is solid
Micky loses the ball 9/10 times, but he made the only decent cross against Augsburg (which Ciro should have scored)
Kuba is an important person for the team, but hasn't played for like a year
Ciro tries his best, but in his current shape, he's just not gonna score the one and only chance he gets a match.

Mista

Banned
I just noticed there are 3 derbies today!

One of my favourite days of the season.

Unless we lose then I'll be very unhappy.

Tell me about it! Last season I flew 7 hours to watch the game when Rosicky destroyed them with that rocket shot. Thank god we won

Real Sociedad coach David Moyes has said that he turned down an approach from Arsenal – in his playing days.

The Scot reveals that he turned down a move to Highbury before he went into management in the latest issue of Four Four Two.

The former Manchester United and Everton boss was looking for a move away from Celtic where he wasn’t getting sufficient playing time. A call from then Arsenal manager Terry Neill opened negotiations.

When asked whether the tale was true, Moyes said: “It is. When I tell people they start laughing.

“Cambridge were in what’s now the Championship. Arsenal manager Terry Neill called me at my house in Glasgow and told me they were going to sign me but, a week later, they called back and said: ‘We’ve decided to take you on loan.’

“I wasn’t having that, leaving Celtic to go on loan, so I turned it down. Arsenal went on to buy the late Tommy Caton instead. I joined Cambridge and played every week, which I wasn’t doing at Celtic.”

l1x61OA.png

Used to be that if you could score in Italy, you could score anywhere

Well, I'm confident that Immobile could score in the Bundesliga as well. The problem is that he's getting shit passes all game long. And then fails to score on the one good chance he gets, which honestly isn't that bad or surprising. There's no striker with a 100% conversion rate.

CCS

Banned
Hoping for an entertaining game today. Should be close, particularly given Arsenal are without Sanchez.

Arnie

I resent the accusation, Rowan, that I am in any way comparable to Arsenal fans.

I enjoy football. Thrive off the dippy nature of its rollercoaster G-force. When we're up we're really fucking up. We've taken off in-fact. There's no way we don't win today. Quote me on that later. I feel invincible, in a way that can't be explained by the cappuccino sat ahead of me.

Arsenal fans are a moany bunch. Wenger OUT. Wenger IN. BUY A DEFENDER. Koscielny's great. We need more steel. Can't wait until Jacky Boy's back. Our transfer policy is rubbish. We'll buy an Ozil every summer.

Ultimately Liverpool fans are happy. A mellow bunch. Up for grinning and enjoying the hiccups that football might throw its way, confident that Emre Can will fix things in five minutes anyway.

Up the Reds.

(I'm on the train to Nottingham to drink beer and watch football with friends. I'll be smiling regardless. So excited to see Brendan in some naughty fucking trench coat)

I resent the accusation, Rowan, that I am in any way comparable to Arsenal fans.

I enjoy football. Thrive off the dippy nature of its rollercoaster G-force. When we're up we're really fucking up. We've taken off in-fact. There's no way we don't win today. Quote me on that later. I feel invincible, in a way that can't be explained by the cappuccino sat ahead of me.

Arsenal fans are a moany bunch. Wenger OUT. Wenger IN. BUY A DEFENDER. Koscielny's great. We need more steel. Can't wait until Jacky Boy's back. Our transfer policy is rubbish. We'll buy an Ozil every summer.

Ultimately Liverpool fans are happy. A mellow bunch. Up for grinning and enjoying the hiccups that football might throw its way, confident that Emre Can will fix things in five minutes anyway.

Up the Reds.

(I'm on the train to Nottingham to drink beer and watch football with friends. I'll be smiling regardless. So excited to see Brendan in some naughty fucking trench coat)

So this is what we have to look forward to if we don't win the league for another decade.

Fuck, please hurry up and win one Arsenal. I want to experience the joy of winning, not the joys of taking part.

Arnie

Liverpool fans make up a high percentage of the full kit wankers community. Do they do these sales more often?
Done a surveymonkey, have ya?
So this is what we have to look forward to if we don't win the league for another decade.

Fuck, please hurry up and win one Arsenal. I want to experience the joy of winning, not the joys of taking part.
:lol

Your head'd go if you did something remotely different to any season in the last eight years.

We all love Arsenal. Harmless. Cross-eyed.

CCS

Banned

I'm amazed that Arsenal fans haven't accepted by now that 4th place is where they belong :p

Rikkun

It's quite hard for me to follow your BPL banter but this

Up the Reds.

is lovable.

tumblr_m3mwkguTEA1qipyh3.gif

Blablurn

Its getting hot in here.

And it could be a field day for ManU GAF if they win over West Ham and Tottenham vs Arsenal ends in a draw.
Oh boi.

I'm smelling a Wilbur monologue coming up.

I am so happy today. A friend is coming round to watch the game and we are gonna eat chicken and drink beer. I haven't had Chicken in 20 days :(((

Arnie

I am so happy today. A friend is coming round to watch the game and we are gonna eat chicken and drink beer. I haven't had Chicken in 20 days :(((
More of this, please.

Football is fun. It's meant to be enjoyed. Let's be honest, Spurs aren't turning up, are they? Enjoy the passes. Get stuck in. Throw it about a bit.

Three beers, four passes, and Giroud's hair.

Palace fans everywhere on this train. Got my ticket sorted for Selhurst Park away in the cup. Want to stand up and have it off with everyone.

Throw it about a bit.

shanks just how much mcdonald's and kfc and beer do you eat and drink

i worry about your health

I haven't had KFC in about 5 years.

I would say Mcdonalds and Pizza on average about once a week.

I drink heavily twice a month

I haven't had anything in about 20 days. I am at a nice trim 78.5 kg. Aiming for 72 by the end of the month.

Will be gobbling down a couple of Pizza's on payday this week :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom