• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Just received this!

vnNhGOy.jpg

D4KG7mVl.jpg

Dat WC badge.
Dat Decima patch.
Dat Decima hero.

What a time to be ALIVE.

Fucking sweeeeeeet, Arsenal are playing at home on May 24th. I hope to be back on the 23rd. I didn't expect a game to be on then, why is the season finishing so late?

Fuck that it is against WBA, they were the team I watched the last time I was in London in December 2012.

GorillaJu

Can someone explain to me in practical terms what the difference is between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 because to me they're essentially the same thing, except 4-2-3-1 guarantees one holding midfielder when in a 4-3-3 there can be either one or two.

jts

...hate me...
Another uncle brought it back for me :lol fucker went to watch Atleti vs Barca.
That's great :D

Great shirt btw. Love the dragon. Dragon is the GOAT animal/symbol/mascot in football. And in the world, I guess.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Can someone explain to me in practical terms what the difference is between 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 because to me they're essentially the same thing, except 4-2-3-1 guarantees one holding midfielder when in a 4-3-3 there can be either one or two.

mainly the use of a number 10 or an attacking midfielder behind your prima punta

FootballFan

Yep. I miss our 4-3-3 I really thought Jose would bring it back when he returned instead we use the incredibly lame 4-2-3-1

It's very difficult to use it since you need specific sort of players in each position to utilise its full capabilities. But if you get it right, it's fantastic. There really wasn't a major weakness to our team in 2009 for example. Every player knew their role, did it well, and having the greatest player of all time was helpful too.

High pressing, wide play, passing options in all areas, really hard to defend against etc.

4-2-3-1 is very similar in the same way but not as offensive minded. (made for counter attacks pretty much)

Fucking sweeeeeeet, Arsenal are playing at home on May 24th. I hope to be back on the 23rd. I didn't expect a game to be on then, why is the season finishing so late?

Fuck that it is against WBA, they were the team I watched the last time I was in London in December 2012.

SHANKS.

What is your favourite Dragon Ball movie/special?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's very difficult to use it since you need specific sort of players in each position to utilise its full capabilities. But if you get it right, it's fantastic. There really wasn't a major weakness to our team in 2009 for example. Every player knew their role, did it well, and having the greatest player of all time was helpful too

I'm not sure the formation matters that much in your tiki taka. Where's the shape when you're passing it sideways? It essentially boils down to your personnel

which kinda explains Pep's weird as hell lineups, he's just sticking players there.

. (made for counter attacks pretty much)

wrong.

Jupp's Bayern.

SHANKS.

What is your favourite Dragon Ball movie/special?

I haven't watched too many, but I really liked Battle of Gods. Had some good comedy and the battle between Goku and Beerus felt pretty epic. I loved Vegeta's rage boost "THATS MY BULLLLMMMMMAAAAAA"

Plus, it is canon.

FootballFan

I'm not sure the formation matters that much in your tiki taka. Where's the shape when you're passing it sideways? It'll essentially boil down to who lines up to play

which kinda explains Pep's weird as hell lineups, he's just sticking players there.

4-3-3 was almost always used aside from that season where he got bored and started using 3-4-3

He did play around with the players he used constantly though.

tiki taka did allow a lot of free roaming but it was mainly for Messi Lol. The others still had to be very disciplined in their position imo.

FootballFan

I haven't watched too many, but I really liked Battle of Gods. Had some good comedy and the battle between Goku and Beerus felt pretty epic. I loved Vegeta's rage boost "THATS MY BULLLLMMMMMAAAAAA"

Plus, it is canon.

Pls watch them all and reply to me.

l1x61OA.png
Smash Bros. is enough for me as far as button mashers go. Pls understand.

I have smash bros, but it doesn't have the same feel.

I've played enough Dragon Ball games to last me two lifetimes.

Ugh.

FootballFan

The dbz games on gba were gr8

Btw Yurt I think i didn't read your post properly lol

Lol, I guess that means tou don't like Gods lol

No, I liked it, but pls watch the other movies and specials. My favourites are Bardock special and the future trunks special. (Bardock Father of Goku and History of Trunks). Wrath of the Dragon is pretty good too.

Budokai 3 is the only one I've played.

Was alright.

Budokai 3 is fantastic.

wedward

I think the two best examples are Pep's Barca vs Mou's Madrid.

Barca had Busquets deep and then Iniesta and Xavi further forward. Front three played pretty close.

Madrid had Khedira and Alonso sitting deeper together in midfield. Benzema was definitely the striker with Ozil behind him and Ronaldo and Di Maria on the flanks.

GorillaJu

In a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1, we have a playmaker behind the striker, and two wide players (I guess in a 4-3-3 they're more forwards than midfielders)

Chelsea's 4-3-3 would still be the same team as far as I can tell. I guess Willian could be substituted by Remy, but either way you have Hazard and Willian out wide, Oscar in the playmaker role, Costa up front and Fabregas and Matic as midfielders.

I know that in 4-3-3 full backs press up more to create width, but if the players are exactly the same, what difference to the formation does that make?

4-4-2, 4-4-2 diamond, 4-3-3 and 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 are all vastly different and the playsfyle is easily recognizable but I just don't see how 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 are any different but for one in attacking periods and one is in defending periods.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

fear of ligament damage for Iturbe
Kevin Strootman is out for the rest of the season with cartilage damage
Daniele De Rossi sidelined for a month

VINCERETE, VINCERETE, VINCERETE IL TRICOLOR

jack-nicholson-laugh-o.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt pls

Injuries are no laughing matter.

I'm not laughing at their rather unfortunate injuries, I'm laughing at Garcia's "we will win the Scudetto" back in October

you can't declare yourself the winner a month into the season you French twat, way too many factors come into play during the season including injuries and offside goals.
image.php

So many potentially great games to watch today D:

Arsenal - Aston Villa
Udinese - Juventus
Palermo - Luca Toni
Southampton - Swansea
Milan - Parma
Barcelona - Villarreal
Monaco - Lyon

Hnnnnngh

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, Matri or Osvaldo.....this feels like the twilight zone.

Even if Juve win, they lose.

Kill me now

large.gif

(yes that's Pogba on the far right)

either will not play at all anyway. I'd much rather Matri, despite Osvaldo being much better. I don't remember Mitra Matri ever complaining about ANYTHING, the fans loved him and he worked his ass off

federica_nargi_ed_alessandro_matri_tra_la_folla_di_fan_e_curiosi_posano_insieme_alla_coppa_efd0.jpg

would, both <3

either will not play at all anyway. I'd much rather Matri, despite Osvaldo being much better. I don't remember Mitra Matri ever complaining about ANYTHING, the fans loved him and he worked his ass off

federica_nargi_ed_alessandro_matri_tra_la_folla_di_fan_e_curiosi_posano_insieme_alla_coppa_efd0.jpg

would, both <3

Then why waste money on wages. The squad is good enough to win the league as it is and hopefully progress to the next round of the CL.

If Zaza comes in the summer who do you see making way for him? Tevez, Morata, Llorente, Coman, Berardi, and Zaza is a lot of forwards

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zamparini &#8220;There are many jackals in the football world,&#8221;

&#8220;The other day Galliani called me up and said he was offended, then asked me for Munoz. I am entirely certain they&#8217;re going to wait until the last minute of the market to get him for free, but that won&#8217;t work.

&#8220;If Milan don&#8217;t pay up, I&#8217;d rather let him rot in the stands until June. It&#8217;s an issue of principle.&#8221;

BAHAHAHAHA

Then why waste money on wages. The squad is good enough to win the league as it is and hopefully progress to the next round of the CL.

If Zaza comes in the summer who do you see making way for him? Tevez, Morata, Llorente, Coman, Berardi, and Zaza is a lot of forwards
we still need to replace Giovinco since he's leaving in a couple of days

ideally we're gonna have 5 strikers next season + both Coman and Berardi as wingers

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I support such polar opposite clubs, Arsenal believe in having 1 recognised forward, while Juve are looking to collect as many as possible. I don't know what is going on :(((

having five relatively good strikers is part of our philosopheh

example:
Ale, Trezegol, Zlatan, Mutu (who I loved) and La Liga slayer Zalayeta.
Ale, Trez, Marco Di Vaio (who I loved), Marcelo Salas (LOOOOOL) and La Liga slayer Zalayeta
Ale, Vialli, Ravanelli (who I loved), Rocche (LOOOOL) and convicted pothead Michele Padovano
Ale, Matri, Quag, Mirko and Borriellol.
next season was the same but replace Ale with Gio ;_; and Borriellol with [insert joke striker]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom