• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

post-51881-commando-suiting-up-gif-Imgur-EJhY.gif

2 - 1 Spurs

In Kane We Trust

sf4I3dG.gif

GQman2121

Banned
L1NETT has it spot on. New Tomb Raider was drivel. I wanted Lara's shipmates to die painful deaths. All of them.

At least Uncharted has an interesting lead and story that can hold up the rather shallow shooting sections.

Hixx

GREAT?!

christ on a bike hixxer it's passable at best, and only if i've had 6 becks before playing it

brown grey insipid filth. Best thing about it is there are no loading screens.

Lifeless, artless, badly written badly acted by the numbers beige boredom packed neatly into a 12 hour slog through the same set of unremarkable set pieces and uninspired combat sections with characters as dull as the environments they waddle through. Any attempt at depth is giggle some with lara going from head girl to hannibal lecter all with the space of one of Carbo's shits.

why did I write that.

I play games to have fun m8 not over analyse some d-tier writers story and characters. The combat and set pieces in Tomb Raider were great fun. Plus I love unlocking new areas due to new items or abilities. It tickles my soul in the right places.

Bumhead

Banned
GREAT?!

christ on a bike hixxer it's passable at best, and only if i've had 6 becks before playing it

Lifeless, artless, badly written badly acted by the numbers beige boredom packed neatly into a 12 hour slog through the same set of unremarkable set pieces and uninspired combat sections with characters as dull as the environments they waddle through. Any attempt at depth is giggle some with lara going from head girl to hannibal lecter all within the space of one of Carbo's shits.

why did I write that.

Fucking lower league fans.

What do you know about games your teams shit m8

Bold One

TR was solid, good mechanics surrounded by the most turgid paint by numbers AAA wank the industry could muster. It gunned so hard for Uncharted without realising what made Uncharted cool.

Wilbur

Banned
Just a well fun game. Short, cinematic, exciting. Didn't need anything new from it. I also really enjoyed Shadow of Mordor and Infamous 2

#casualgamer

inky

GREAT?!

Lifeless, artless, badly written badly acted by the numbers beige boredom packed neatly into a 12 hour slog through the same set of unremarkable set pieces and uninspired combat sections with characters as dull as the environments they waddle through. Any attempt at depth is giggle some with lara going from head girl to hannibal lecter all within the space of one of Carbo's shits.

why did I write that.

Yes!

CCS

Banned
This may reflect badly on me, but given the dialogue I think its fair to say Lara Croft is a better character when she keeps her mouth shut.

Linius

Tomb Raider was good fun. Loved killing dudes with the bow and rampaging trough the game. It didn't pretend to be more than a fun action vehicle. And that was good.

Elchele

A Polish nun named Anna is about to take her vows. The head sister wants her to go meet up with her estranged aunt before though since she's only relative still alive. Deals with politics, faith and post WWII stuff in Poland. Shot in black and white.

it was shot in 4:3 aspect radio, right? I hate that.

Wilbur

Banned
Tomb Raider was good fun. Loved killing dudes with the bow and rampaging trough the game. It didn't pretend to be more than a fun action vehicle. And that was good.

Innit

Don't need good stories in my games. They just need to be fun to actually play. Games are different that way from films. I don't need to be entertained per se to love a film. I need to be having fun to play a game.

L1NETT

Fucking lower league fans.

What do you know about games your teams shit m8

that they are

cannae hold onto leads for fucking anything. Cheeses me off. Thrown away so many points this season from winning positions

and we have Mk Dongs with Delle Alli rampaging through us on Monday

halp

I'd take a New Vegas or an Alpha Protocol over most AAA titles.

Get a move on Obsidian FFS.

Cleggory my hero. Listen to this man

Linius

it was shot in 4:3 aspect radio, right? I hate that.

Yes indeed

But I guess it does indeed what the director intended with it, it's very reminiscent of the zeit geist the film is capturing

Just watch it m8, it's on Netflix

You can pay with mangoes

Hixx

I rented Uncharted 3 initially, but I played the opening scenes and thought "man, I should give them my money". So I went out the same day and bought it.

When I finished it, I regretted it. Horribly designed game. It's amazing how Naughty Dog went from Uncharted 2, which is a superb game, to Uncharted 3 which isn't worth talking about really and then to The Last of Us which is one of the greatest games ever.

Bumhead

Banned
I play games to have fun m8 not over analyse some d-tier writers story and characters. The combat and set pieces in Tomb Raider were great fun. Plus I love unlocking new areas due to new items or abilities. It tickles my soul in the right places.

Just a well fun game. Short, cinematic, exciting. Didn't need anything new from it. I also really enjoyed Shadow of Mordor and Infamous 2

#casualgamer

Yeah I feel this is where I'm at with it as well.

Was just good fun. PC version looked and ran beautifully, combat was really satisfying and solid, encounter design was on par, some good set pieces etc

Just a lovely, lovely romp all round.

WJD

miserable fuckers

TR is good
Uncharted 2 is good
Uncharted 3 is good

American Sniper is okay. Or, nearly okay.

Clegg

Cleggory my hero. Listen to this man
Recently started New Vegas with all the DLC pre loaded and I'm having a ball. So many different ways to complete quests. Quests overlapping with one another that you can finish and even fail ones you didn't even know existed. Loads of skill checks and ways to get around them too. Perks are fantastic too.

Haven't even touched the DLC yet and that's supposed to be better than the regular game! South Park was a great game, but New Vegas is Obsidian at its finest. Jank and all.

L1NETT

I need to be having fun to play a game.

God this is me sounding right wanky but why.

Horror games aren't fun per se. Cause stress and such. Challenging games aren't always fun. But rewarding.

Why can't games get the same responses films do for you. Why can't they be challenging or emotionally involving or cause stress, panic and make you feel uneasy.

Sound like a right twat but i just think it's so narrow to purely see games as switching off your brain fun. Enjoy those too but my most memorable gaming experiences are rarely me having fun.

From the last few years To The Moon wasn't fun. Ending of Valiant Hearts is most certainly not fun. The Alien thundering after me was not fun. The Walking Dead. Could go on

Eh different strokes I guess.

Recently started New Vegas with all the DLC pre loaded and I'm having a ball. So many different ways to complete quests. Quests overlapping with one another that you can finish and even fail ones you didn't even know existed. Loads of skill checks and ways to get around them too. Perks are fantastic too.

Haven't even touched the DLC yet and that's supposed to be better than the regular game! South Park was a great game, but New Vegas is Obsidian at its finest. Jank and all.

So good.

Reason why I see these mega threads about performance on gaming side I shrug. New Vegas runs so fucking terribly. Yet I love love love it.

Zabojnik

Some crazy debates on Milan and general anti-Juve forums right now. Some people simply can't comprehend how perspective works, loool. They're saying both Sky and Mediaset (lol?) intentionally fucked up the lines ...

B9R3M5FIgAAyFnY.png

What a time to be Juventino. Actually, it's just like any other time.

I have now completed the entirety of the Dead Space Trilogy....now what?

Alien: Isolation.

Hixx

The difference is l1nett, if a game is fun I can look past a shit story and what have you.

For example, I play Telltale games for the story and all that jazz. I didn't buy Tomb Raider to see Lara Croft grow as a woman over a length of time. I bought it to shoot some fools with arrows and shit.

GQman2121

Banned
Counterpoint; Uncharted 3.

Uncharted 3 is an absolute steaming husk of furry dog coils, even with Drake etc.

There are some good parts of UC3 (Yemen section in particular). But the bad parts are really, really bad (Cruise ship, Desert and maybe the castle in Turkey).

Still, those poor sections of UC3 are still better than Lara and her laser fucking bow and arrow. Seriously, that was the laziest designed weapon in a long, long time. That bow belonged in a Star Wars game not Tomb Raider. And I love that it's the first weapon that she picks up after surviving a ship wreck. She's never killed a man before, yet picks up this bow and is hitting enemies square in the back of the head from distance within minutes.

The bow in The Last Of Us is how these things in games should work. Very fulfilling weapon when used right in that game.

Elchele

Yes indeed

But I guess it does indeed what the director intended with it, it's very reminiscent of the zeit geist the film is capturing

Just watch it m8, it's on Netflix

You can pay with mangoes

it has been in my hard drive for like 4 months

LegoArmo

Some crazy debates on Milan and general anti-Juve forums right now. Some people simply can't comprehend how perspective works, loool. They're saying both Sky and Mediaset (lol?) intentionally fucked up the lines ...

B9R3M5FIgAAyFnY.png

What a time to be Juventino. Actually, it's just like any other time.

Alien: Isolation.

I'm not sure that line is correct, but I think he'd be even more onside if it was?

Wilbur

Banned
God this is me sounding right wanky but why.

Horror games aren't fun per se. Cause stress and such. Challenging games aren't always fun. But rewarding.

Why can't games get the same responses films do for you. Why can't they be challenging or emotionally involving or cause stress, panic and make you feel uneasy.

Sound like a right twat but i just think it's so narrow to purely see games as switching off your brain fun. Enjoy those too but my most memorable gaming experiences are rarely me having fun.

From the last few years To The Moon wasn't fun. Ending of Valiant Hearts is most certainly not fun. The Alien thundering after me was not fun. The Walking Dead. Could go on

Eh different strokes I guess.

So good.

Reason why I see these mega threads about performance on gaming side I shrug. New Vegas runs so fucking terribly. Yet I love love love it.

I think its because I'm actively in control of it. A game might have the most emotional hardhitting incredible writing of all time, but if it controls like a cunt and is difficult to play, I don't enjoy it.

I don't enjoy the trial and error of the Souls games, getting frustrated when I fail umpteen times. I don't enjoy Alien Isolation for the same reasons.

Bioshock too. Looked great. Story was good. But the gameplay was bog standard average gameplay that felt like a slog to play, so that reflected poorly on the final product.

Films and music are passive, so I can sit there and watch shit films or listen to shit music. But because games and books ask you to actively engage and drive the narrative, its harder to withstand shit.

Like you said, Skyrim's gameplay is bog average. But it's hugely passive gameplay; so easy to play. May not be great gameplay, but it isn't frustrating gameplay.

L1NETT

The difference is l1nett, if a game is fun I can look past a shit story and what have you.

For example, I play Telltale games for the story and all that jazz. I didn't buy Tomb Raider to see Lara Croft grow as a woman over a length of time. I bought it to shoot some fools with arrows and shit.

Crystal whatever they are called spend so much time trying to make you care find it hard to ignore it when talking about the game.

And even If I did would argue the combat design of the game is just as lazy and by the numbers and bland as the rest of it.

But who the fuck am i to say all this shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom