• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Honestly one of my favourite films of all time.
I didn't like it, and in general I do tend to like espionage movies. I think this is one of those movies where you have to be a Brit to like it, that or an American who tries hard to act British because the American imagines Europe to be more sophisticated.

CCS

Banned
I just want to say, thank you FootieGAF for the best banter I've experienced on the Internet. Top lads the lot of you.

Suen

Thank god I have never put any weight on the gaming side's taste of games. They are always arguing about things that they know it ain't true and hence have a weird perception on things.

As a result of that, I bloody loved every minute of FF XII Revenant Wings while GAF can continue hating it.

WTF?
Fun gameplay, average story. Overall a fun game.

faridmon

Sometimes people use the phrase "hivemind " to avoid having to say anything intelligent, but it definitely exists over on gaming side. There's certain topics you just can't have any sort of intelligent discussion about there.

Hivemind is indeed a thing that affects most of the gamin side, a recent example is the hate for Evolve, few people started hating it because of paid Monsters, others have amplified it to the nth degree to be the scummiets product on the face of the earth disregarding the fact that all of the map DLC will be free as not to segregate the player base, and monsters and skins of characters will be paid DLC.

In fact, it ii one game I can say that, its DLC plans is some of the best in the industry, its clear and conscience and absolutely not needed in order to enjoy the game.

And in regards to TR, it does a few things better than Uncharted (like the exploration and upgrades) but the overall experience of Uncharted (particularly 2) is like being in your own action film. Another one of my favourite games.

CCS

Banned
Hivemind is indeed a thing that affects most of the gamin side, a recent example is the hate for Evolve, few people started hating it because of paid Monsters, others have amplified it to the nth degree to be the scummiets product on the face of the earth disregarding the fact that all of the map DLC will be free as not to segregate the player base, and monsters and skins of characters will be paid DLC.

In fact, it ii one game I can say that, its DLC plans is some of the best in the industry, its clear and conscience and absolutely not needed in order to enjoy the game.

DLC is one of those thing, like Ubisoft or F2P, that really does bring out the hivemind.

Wilbur

Banned
I didn't like it, and in general I do tend to like espionage movies. I think this is one of those movies where you have to be a Brit to like it, that or an American who tries hard to act British because the American imagines Europe to be more sophisticated.

I think its wonderfully acted, really well paced, looks beautiful, and I liked the minutae of the plot. I know its not for everyone, but I just think it's a masterpiece.

Alfredson is superior Nord. Fuck Morten Tyldum.

I just want to say, thank you FootieGAF for the best banter I've experienced on the Internet. Top lads the lot of you.

m8

its home <3

Thank god i'm not so old pulga judges me for using it yet

Bold One

United fans have voted Antonio Valencia as our Player of the Month for January. "I'd like to say thank you to everyone who voted for me. I'm very pleased to have won this award." Well done, Tony!

Christ alive!

CCS

Banned
I think its wonderfully acted, really well paced, looks beautiful, and I liked the minutae of the plot. I know its not for everyone, but I just think it's a masterpiece.

Alfredson is superior Nord. Fuck Morten Tyldum.

m8

its home <3

Thank god i'm not so old pulga judges me for using it yet

I feel so young on here :p

United fans have voted Antonio Valencia as our Player of the Month for January. "I'd like to say thank you to everyone who voted for me. I'm very pleased to have won this award." Well done, Tony!

Christ alive!

Is this some sick joke? :lol

Suen

The story was actually good for what it was, as it was presented in a surprisingly great writing and charming characters.

Absolutely adore that game.
I just felt that it didn't fit in with the FF 12 universe, but that may have to do with FF 12 having just one big mess as a story. I heard the writer or whatever had to quit like in the middle of the project. It's a shame, because Ivalice is a good setting.

Ask Freewheelin'. He agrees with me.

Wilbur

Banned

Christ alive!

Must have been some real slim pickings :lol

Daley all day erry day.

RiggyRob

Riggy, pls. That's what makes FootyGAF so awesome!

Pls, when people are descending into pulga-esque 'reading comprehension' posts something's going wrong.

Also, forgot to give an update on Sporting CS - we went down 2-0 in the first half thanks to an own goal from our CB (he didn't really have a choice to be fair, if he didn't cut out the cross it was a tap in) and a freekick, but we managed to pull it back to 2-2 to take it to extra time.

We ended up conceding a goal 4 minutes before penalties, so we were obviously gutted, but we managed to acquit ourselves pretty well considering they were the 2nd placed team in the division above us.

El Topo

I just felt that it didn't fit in with the FF 12 universe, but that may have to do with FF 12 having just one big mess as a story. I heard the writer or whatever had to quit like in the middle of the project. It's a shame, because Ivalice is a good setting.

I liked FF12, but the story was a mess and just fell apart. Never finished it because I just didn't really care anymore about the plot, instead I just enjoyed the extra bosses.

faridmon

Yes, most of those actors were big British actors, but it was wonderfully paced movie with some intelligent set pieces, and the final twist, while not that shocking, was delivered ina very poignant way.

You could tell it was a movie done by artists as opposed to Hollywood movies that is more about marketing and presentation.

GQman2121

Banned
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/7f0a...livers-14-pound-baby-after-surprise-pregnancy

14 lbs.?

MAtXy3s.jpg

Bold One

I like to call it "Group-Think" using the term 'Hivemind' tends to trigger some mods, but it is definitely something that this site suffers from when it comes to certain topics, contrary opinions to the group-think will land you in hot water.

faridmon

Oh absolutely, it did not fit with FF 12s story and from that point of view, it was indeed a disappointing since it seemed that we got a spin-off that made fun of the whole world building it constructed in FF XII, but once you treat it separately, you could see that it was actually well written with great humour and absolutely engaging dialogue. Vaan, as well, isn't an ass which is a plus.

and to be fair, FF XII story fell apart by the end which was a disappointing in of itself, but I loved that game as well.

Best FF game by a mile.

M8

I've never played a FF game in my life

pls stop the lies

Hixx

LOL. And? Who is saying it needs a good story fucking hell. I'm having a Pulga "please learn to read" moment here. Tomb Raider doesn't do anything gameplay related brilliantly. It's a by the numbers, AAA wannabe Uncharted that even fails at that.

OK, are you still with me? Read carefully this sentence: when I say the "I don't care 'bout story, I just want to have fun" comment in relation to Tomb Raider is, in fact, "utter nonsense" it is because we are not arguing tomb Raider sucks because its story is poor, but because the overall package is poor, gameplay included. I even bring it up again in a subsequent post:

I agree with the notion that gameplay is more important. I agree that a game having a crap story is inconsequential as long as it is fun to play, and that games that have crap stories can be fun to play if their gameplay is good. And I've you'd read my post twice before commenting you'd realize I wasn't denying any of these points.

I know it's your shit opinion that the game is fun to play. I disagree with your shit opinion, but I'm not attacking that shit opinion. I'm saying the idea that "story" is what comes into equation when I say TR sucks is utter nonsense, because it is utter nonsense. No one is talking about story.

Tbh I hadn't been reading your posts because I generally don't so I picked up on that one. Sorry.

You seem very angry and abrasive, though. So, have a nice life.

faridmon

M8

I've never played a FF game in my life

pls stop the lies

I thought you were cool Free, now you are juts like the rest of them, empty.

I like to call it "Group-Think" using the term 'Hivemind' tends to trigger some mods, but it is definitely something that this site suffers from when it comes to certain topics, contrary opinions to the group-think will land you in hot water.

One of the reason I am trying to stay away from the gaming side, but ALAS, my fingers itches when something like Square Enix pops up.

btw, The History of Apple Pies second album remains to be amazing. I still keep listen to it here and there.

inky

Tbh I hadn't been reading your posts because I generally don't so I picked up on that one. Sorry.

You seem very angry and abrasive, though. So, have a nice life.

All banter innit, but cheers! you too. <3

Don't lose your ball on your way home.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester City want to sign Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba, 21, as a replacement for Yaya Toure, 31, who is considering one final move before he retires. (Sunday Express)
And Juventus want to sign Manchester City striker Stevan Jovetic, seven years after they failed to buy the Montenegro international, 25, from Partizan Belgrade. (Daily Star Sunday)
Manchester United will move for Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 28, if they lose David De Gea, 24, to Real Madrid. (Sunday Mirror)
Liverpool have suffered a setback in their pursuit of striker Danny Ings, 22, after it emerged that Burnley will seek a record tribunal fee of more than £6.5m. (Sunday Times - subscription required)
Midfielder Alex Song, 27, says he would love to stay at West Ham when his season's loan from Barcelona expires - because he and his family like living in London. (Observer)
Tottenham are planning a summer move for FC Koln's Austria Under-21 centre-back Kevin Wimmer as head coach Mauricio Pochettino sets about rebuilding his defence. (People)

OTHER GOSSIP
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says that every single member of his squad is playing for his future. (Sunday Mirror)
Van Gaal has convinced England captain Wayne Rooney, 29, that his future lies in midfield rather than in an attacking role. (Independent on Sunday)
Manchester City are close to agreeing a link-up with French Ligue 1 side St-Etienne. (People)
Glenn Hoddle says he had no choice but to leave his coaching role at QPR when Harry Redknapp resigned, but believes they would have kept the club in the Premier League. (Mail on Sunday)
QPR striker Charlie Austin, 25, and centre-back Richard Dunne, 35, could miss the rest of the season with injuries suffered during Saturday's 1-0 defeat at home to Southampton. (Fulham Chronicle)
West Ham are set to offer a new contract to striker Diafra Sakho - days after being fined £71,000 by Fifa for fielding the 25-year-old in an FA Cup tie at Bristol City. (People)
Stoke striker Peter Crouch, who celebrated his 34th birthday on 30 January, believes he can continue scoring goals in the Premier League for the rest of a contract that runs until 2017. (Sunday Times - subscription required)
Scotland midfielder Darren Fletcher, 31, says that a desire to prove to his twin sons that he could still play regularly in the Premier League was a factor in his move to West Brom from Manchester United. (Mail on Sunday)
Burnley captain Jason Shackell, 31, insists that he trusts striker Danny Ings to continue giving his all for the team despite Liverpool's interest in the 22-year-old. (Daily Star Sunday)
York City manager Russ Wilcox says his team are fighting for both their own livelihoods and those of the club's staff after they dropped into the League Two relegation zone by losing 2-0 at home to Dagenham and Redbridge. (York Press)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
A frustrated Southampton fan paid £38 to see his side's game at QPR on Saturday - only to have his view of the pitch obstructed by a television studio. "£38 ticket in away end at Loftus Road! #Robbery," the fan tweeted as he posted a photo of the view from his seat.
Sunday Times journalist Jonathan Northcroft was unconvinced by Everton manager Roberto Martinez's attempts to talk up Saturday's goalless Merseyside derby: "Roberto said something about 'asymmetric shapes' that drew sage nods from around the press room but nobody understood."
Former Nottingham Forest midfielder Jermaine Jenas was thrilled as their new manager Dougie Freedman won his first game in charge, 3-2 at Brighton, tweeting: "Super Dougie doing the job today! Come on Forest."

AND FINALLY...
Aston Villa fans held up signs with arrows pointing towards the goal in a bid to get their players scoring again - and it worked as they ended a 659-minute drought against Chelsea. (Birmingham Mail)
Gillingham chairman Paul Scally consulted his players before appointing Justin Edinburgh as manager - by asking them to fill in a questionnaire. (Mail on Sunday)

Manchester United will move for Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 28, if they lose David De Gea, 24, to Real Madrid. (Sunday Mirror)
nCUoKLR.png

Van Gaal has convinced England captain Wayne Rooney, 29, that his future lies in midfield rather than in an attacking role. (Independent on Sunday)
iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

Bold One

I thought you were cool Free, now you are juts like the rest of them, empty.

One of the reason I am trying to stay away from the gaming side, but ALAS, my fingers itches when something like Square Enix pops up.

btw, The History of Apple Pies second album remains to be amazing. I still keep listen to it here and there.

I still have 'Mallory' on repeat, just a fun track :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom