• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

Is this where Milan gets stomped?

Also, Tomb Raider was shit. It's always been shit. The only decent one was Underworld.
qBsuB5s.png

Rikkun

OT13 opened on the evening of 31/1
We're halfway now, in 8 days.
At this speed in 8 days we'll have OT14.
16 days of life for OT13, and no CL yet.
If every OT lived this long, that would mean FootyGAF was born roughly around the 2014 WC.

xLDVHO7.png

I'll just go lie down.

GorillaJu

Gameplay should obviously be the most important aspect in most games
though there are some exceptions
. Which makes me wonder why TLOU and RDR are regarded so highly.

That's not to say their bad games
although I think RDR isn't a good game

I think TLOU has a great game feel.

Gameplay isn't just about being mechanically good or bad anyway, I think what's most important is that it serves the purpose of the game and story. They have to match.

Bumhead

Banned
While we are talking about games, is it OK to not like Rogue Legacy?

Another one of those games that it seems almost sacrilege to bad mouth. I've played about an hour of it and I think it's dogger.

Another one of those games that it seems almost sacrilege to bad mouth. I've played about an hour of it and I think it's dogger.
I liked it. Put about 25 hours in to it and it didn't feel like a waste of my precious time. Not GOTY, but solid.

But if we'e talking controversial opinionse, I did not like Shovel Knight.

Hixx

I'm terrible at it. I gave it 5 or 6 hours but I just didn't feel the draw. BoI is the only rogue-like I've ever really enjoyed and even that I don't play much.

GQman2121

Banned
Is Fabian Delph an England lock moving forward? I'm watching the second half of our game right now, and besides his lame attempt at the ball which Ivanovic scored, he played really well. And it seems like he's been a good player all year, Villa are just underachieving their hearts out.

Game talk: The Unfinished Swan is tragically overlooked. Definition of simple gameplay and storytelling done right. I just loved it. Better with Move too, which I can't say is accurate for many--if any--other games.

Scum

Is Fabian Delph an England lock moving forward? I'm watching the second half of our game right now, and besides his lame attempt at the ball which Ivanovic scored, he played really well. And it seems like he's been a good player all year, Villa are just underachieving their hearts out.

Game talk: The Unfinished Swan is tragically overlooked. Definition of simple gameplay and storytelling done right. I just loved it. Better with Move too, which I can't say is accurate for many--if any--other games.

I'd have him in the squad. But that's just me. :p

Hixx

Honestly I think he will struggle to lock a place in the squad while at Villa. I don't think it's impossible for him, obviously, but if he gets a move in the summer I think it will help him playing in a team that aren't as shit and depressing as Villa are atm.

Wilbur

Banned
Just watched Monica and Chandler get engaged

Jokes in the next episode where it's an hour later and Chandler's lost three stone

Hixx

I think a change of scenery could do wonders for him. He looks like a Southampton type of signing.

Decent shout if they don't get CL. Even then, he might find it hard to get into Southampton's team if they hold on to their players this year.

Just watched Monica and Chandler get engaged

Jokes in the next episode where it's an hour later and Chandler's lost three stone

Watching Matthew Perry's body transform season to season is kind of sad yet hilarious coz there's loads of seasons with conjoined finales and openers.

I'm about two episodes behind you, I think. Bruce Willis just turned up.

Wilbur

Banned
Decent shout if they don't get CL. Even then, he might find it hard to get into Southampton's team if they hold on to their players this year.

Watching Matthew Perry's body transform season to season is kind of sad yet hilarious coz there's loads of seasons with conjoined finales and openers.

I'm about two episodes behind you, I think. Bruce Willis just turned up.

Yeah, I watched those ones tonight too. Probably the last good thing Bruce Willis did. Lazy cunt.

Pls go and watch Seinfeld instead.

one day my beautiful sauerkraut

Pennywise

Yeah, I watched those ones tonight too. Probably the last good thing Bruce Willis did. Lazy cunt.

one day my beautiful sauerkraut

God you will love George Costanza and Kramer.
It's just so well written and there are so many great jokes that carry over and over and over, but not to intrusive.

Wilbur

Banned
I do have series one on DVD

Just never got round to it because it wasn't on telly every single day at the same time like Friends was

And now it isnt on netflix

help me

Scum

It's a right fucking shame that Ledley King and Owen Hargreaves were so damn injury prone. Two of my favourite players.

Hixx

Frasier is class. My mind was blown when I learned Marty's actor was from Blackpool.

Just having a look in wiki, he's only 74! Thought he'd be in his 80s.

If a game has a great story, brilliant. If it doesn't, I'm not fussed as long as it's fun to play (which Tomb Raider was; easy to pick up, not overtly challenging, nor difficult to be good at). If a game with shit gameplay has a great story, I think it fails as a video game.

I haven't played that Deadly Premonition, but I've seen so many people say they love it despite the gameplay... when that's far and beyond the most important part of a game.

It depends on the game really. Some games do just well with mediocre to even shit gameplay, or almost non existent. Deadly premonition got shit gameplay, but it still does so many things well that it's enjoyable. Silent Hill in general has had really basic and boring combat, that was never the attraction, what you wanted in that game was just to walk around in the world, find memos and progress the story. Something like to the moon pretty much doesn't have "gameplay". You walk around, and you do a really simple puzzle every 20 min. Yet it's a fantastic fucking game. It also doesn't overstay its welcome, it's like 2 hours. Same goes for Go Home that really doesn't have much other than a few simple puzzles either.

FootballFan

Why are British tv shows like inbetweeners, fresh meat, father Ted etc ways like 6 episodes a season.

Just make more episodes.

Is it so hard to do that

faridmon

Friends>>>>Seinfeld,

Early 2000 Courtney Cox and Jennifer Aniston
qh8VVeJ.png

I agree with everything you just said.

I had a crush on Aniston at some point during that series.

Also, I always laugh so much when I rewatch it now and then.

Friends was GOAT back in the day, sadly there aren't as charming as that series anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom