• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Maybe not make it a huge fucking thing midseason? these are supposed to be athletes right? There were over 200 people in there, multiple bands and singers. It was a fucking festival. And don't bullshit me, everyone there drank and probably a bit more than they should at this time of the year.

Madrid and Barcelona are usually held at a much higher standard, by their supporters, than other clubs in Europe because they are both owned by the supporters. Poor/not so poor/rich people pay in part for their salaries every year. Sure that's not where all of the revenue comes from, but its part of it. So Madrid supporters have the right to be angry at this party.

When's your next game? I honestly don't understand whats wrong? Why would he celebrate his birthday any other time than either the actual date, or the weekend after?

Unless Madrid players have week long hangovers I don't see a problem

"Cris, your birthday party is cancelled. 4-0 against Atletico? What do you think this is? Up to bed. Now. No supper."

"But please, Carlo"

"Don't back chat me boy. No supper, and if you keep going I'll confiscate that football, now off to bed"

Esch

Banned
His birthday was this past Thursday, not tonight. If he had some fucking common sense he would not have scheduled it right after a game against a team we've lost 4 times in a row.
How much time, how many days do you think a pro footballer gets after a match before he has to be up and ready for practice? Especially at Real Madrid. Probably the only time he gets to get drunk and party is right after a match.

there is your answer

Tubie

How much time, how many days do you think a pro footballer gets after a match before he has to be up and ready for practice? Especially at Real Madrid. Probably the only time he gets to get drunk and party is right after a match.

there is your answer

Umm he could've canceled the whole thing out of respect for the supporters?

If you fuck up at your job, then you throw a massive party 2 hours after that fuck up with the same co-workers that failed with you, and your boss finds out. Do you not think he would, at least, be bothered by that? even if he can't really fire you for it?

Lashley

TadkV.gif

Cancel his birthday party because Real lost a game

Heard it all now

And like Ancelotti does not know/gives a shit

wedward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aef20CcoOts

What a party that must've been!

Football is just your day jobs guys! who the fuck cares what you do right after you fail at it! right?

You can fail massively at your day job anywhere and throw a massive birthday party right after that failure and it's ok, your boss will not be angry because that was outside of your your day job right?

Uh, yes? Where do you work? My personal life is none of my boss's business.

I think TLOU has a great game feel.

Gameplay isn't just about being mechanically good or bad anyway, I think what's most important is that it serves the purpose of the game and story. They have to match.

Precisely. I remember that after Vanquish came out a bunch of knobends said that games like Uncharted needed to copy the boost and slide mechanics or they'd become obsolete. Utter horseshit of an opinion. Might as well give Indiana Jones a fucking jetpack.

Hope they fix the shooting mechanics in the next Infamous, the first 2 had a great feel to them, SS fucked it up though. Need to go back and play them to compare, but I feel like its because the human-sized enemies move too quickly in SS, and the aim-acceleration was removed I think.

I hate our strikers. When Lambert plays, I wish it was one of the other 2. When Borini plays, I wish it was one of the other 2. When Balotelli plays, I wish it was one of the other 2. Should've tried bringing a striker and a DM in.

Did Coutinho come off as a precaution? Any update on Lucas' injury? Seemed to be one we were half-expecting, as he walked off the pitch as soon as he felt it without any notion of the physios trying to sort him out on the pitch.

Tubie

Uh, yes? Where do you work? My personal life is none of my boss's business.

I would be out of work very fast if I had this attitude lol. What you do outside of work hours also affect the company you work for. This applies to everyone from low wage workers to the highest earners in the world.

TadkV.gif

Cancel his birthday party because Real lost a game

Heard it all now

And like Ancelotti does not know/gives a shit

Yea we just lost a game. Nothing historic about it.

First time Atleti beats us in the Calderon in 17 years.

First time they score 4 against us since 87.

First time they win 2 derbys in a row in one season since the 1950-1951 season.

Nothing historic about the loss.

wedward

I would be out of work very fast if I had this attitude lol. What you do outside of work hours also affect the company you work for. This applies to everyone from low wage workers to the highest earners in the world.

Lol. You are taking this too personally.

Lashley

Arsenal lost today, I just hope Arsene has ensured all the players are denied entry into the clubs and any upcoming birthday parties have been cancelled and the guests parents have been informed.

Lashley

Morale is low after the match, so your idea is to make it even lower by cancelling birthday parties?

I know the MLS posts are mostly in the American Soccer thread but I got to go to Orlando City's (A new expansion MLS team) open practice tonight. Got Kaka's autograph as well!

Though obviously our league isn't up to the Euro level its still exciting we get to see some good soccer/football in America and just had to share. It will have to do till I get back to europe.

Some photos

sorry for my horrible cellphone

Tubie

Morale is low after the match, so your idea is to make it even lower by cancelling birthday parties?

No, that's not my point.

They showed a shit fucking attitude during the match. Like they didn't give a shit about the game. While you could see the Atleti players treat every play/ball like it was life or death, like they needed this win to even realistically challenge for the season title.

That bothers me. If Madrid had given it's best and still lost, I would have no issue with this birthday party.

Their display was the worst I've seen Madrid show since the year Florentino had to resign for the first time in 2006. This was worse than the original Galacticos ever did by far.

Lashley

No, that's not my point.

They showed a shit fucking attitude during the match. Like they didn't give a shit about the game. While you could see the Atleti players treat every play/ball like it was life or death, like they needed this win to even realistically challenge for the season title.

That bothers me. If Madrid had given it's best and still lost, I would have no issue with this birthday party.

Their display was the worst I've seen Madrid show since the year Florentino had to resign for the first time in 2006. This was worst than the original Galacticos ever did by far.

They'll definitely be punished/made to work harder by Carlo

Cancelling that party though, it wouldn't be worth the aggro. It'd kill morale and the players would just resent them,

Imagine if Ronaldo left all because of that?

Esch

Banned
Umm he could've canceled the whole thing out of respect for the supporters?

If you fuck up at your job, then you throw a massive party 2 hours after that fuck up with the same co-workers that failed with you, and your boss finds out. Do you not think he would, at least, be bothered by that? even if he can't really fire you for it?

it's one season game, it's his birthday

FootballFan

I know the MLS posts are mostly in the American Soccer thread but I got to go to Orlando City's (A new expansion MLS team) open practice tonight. Got Kaka's autograph as well!

Though obviously our league isn't up to the Euro level its still exciting we get to see some good soccer/football in America and just had to share. It will have to do till I get back to europe.

Some photos

Nice pics.

Kaka autograph is nice too, he used to be so damn good.

We have another regular posters here from Orlando Btw

Hope your new team does well!

Feel free to post here whenever, I welcome MLS talk. Currently we are discussing ronaldos birthday party lol

Lashley

Some photos

Nice pics man

More footy the better as far as I'm concerned

Fucking hell its 6am here, what am I doing with my life? Sleep or just stay up, what dya reckon lads? (Not you Tubie, you're a nutter)

Arsenal lost today, I just hope Arsene has ensured all the players are denied entry into the clubs and any upcoming birthday parties have been cancelled and the guests parents have been informed.

I would like to hope too that because we did not win by 5 goals against Aston Villa like Arsenal did last weekend that Jose has cancelled any sort of celebration/days off the players were going to get.

Its only right

Tubie

They'll definitely be punished/made to work harder by Carlo

Cancelling that party though, it wouldn't be worth the aggro. It'd kill morale and the players would just resent them,

Imagine if Ronaldo left all because of that?

Imagine the good PR he would've gained from it? If anything most of the players who showed up there, did it so that they would not get on his bad side. Since it seems Ronaldo can do anything he wants in this club and Florentino will cave to his every whim.

And what happens if he leaves? we're not defined by him, he's not even close to being the greatest player to wear the Madrid shirt.

FootballFan

Tbh ronaldo is not respecting the fans by partying like nothing happened.

What an embarrassing loss.

He should sit down and think about what happened.

Lashley

Imagine the good PR he would've gained from it? If anything most of the players who showed up there, did it so that they would not get on his bad side. Since it seems Ronaldo can do anything he wants in this club and Florentino will cave to his every whim.

And what happens if he leaves? we're not defined by him, he's not even close to being the greatest player to wear the Madrid shirt.

Personally, I'd rather my club didn't piss off (arguably?) their best player by cancelling his birthday party after a loss.

For all you know, they could've been there for 3 hours, got tipsy on sambuca, Ronaldos like "Fuck it lads, kebab then home, we've done shit today lets not get too hammered"

FootballFan

Nice pics man

More footy the better as far as I'm concerned

Fucking hell its 6am here, what am I doing with my life? Sleep or just stay up, what dya reckon lads? (Not you Tubie, you're a nutter)

lmao

Honestly, do you have work or school? If not, sleep. If you do, take a nap for an hour or 2

Nice pics.

Kaka autograph is nice too, he used to be so damn good.

We have another regular posters here from Orlando Btw

Hope your new team does well!

Feel free to post here whenever, I welcome MLS talk. Currently we are discussing ronaldos birthday party lol

I'm a Real fan when it comes to the Euro leagues so its super cool to see a former madridista playing here. and he does look pretty old but this is the MLS... we have at least one National Team player so that's cool as well.

the best part is just the diverse fanbase. I heard spanish, british accents, portuguese and american english tonight. Its such a great thing for our relatively podunk city.

FootballFan

I'm a Real fan when it comes to the Euro leagues so its super cool to see a former madridista playing here. and he does look pretty old but this is the MLS... we have at least one National Team player so that's cool as well.

the best part is just the diverse fanbase. I heard spanish, british accents, portuguese and american english tonight. Its such a great thing for our relatively podunk city.

It's a shame you support Madrid.

But welcome regardless.

Barça fan here.

Nah, mam should be back from Hospital in a few hours, might have a nap.

You an American, FF?

No I'm not, I'm up at this time because I live in new Zealand. 7pm here lol

Hope your mam is alright mate.

Tubie

Personally, I'd rather my club didn't piss off (arguably?) their best player by cancelling his birthday party after a loss.

For all you know, they could've been there for 3 hours, got tipsy on sambuca, Ronaldos like "Fuck it lads, kebab then home, we've done shit today lets not get too hammered"

I'm not really angry at the club, as much at him for all the bad decisions that ended in him celebrating his 30th birthday 4 days after the actual date on a day he knew way before hand we could realistically be in this exact position.

And is he really our best player? when was the last time we really depended on him and he got us a win in an important match?

La Decima was won thanks to Di Maria Alonso Modric and Ramos. All Ronaldo did in that final was take his shirt off and act like an asshole.

DominoKid

even more reason to get fucked up and forget about it. get ahold of yourself breh.

Lashley

It's a shame you support Madrid.

But welcome regardless.

Barça fan here.

No I'm not, I'm up at this time because I live in new Zealand. 7pm here lol

Hope your mam is alright mate.

She's fine, my sister got drunk and fell over (long story, this years been shit thus far) but thanks anyway mate

I'm not really angry at the club, as much at him for all the bad decisions that ended in him celebrating his 30th birthday 4 days after the actual date on a day he knew way before hand we could realistically be in this exact position.

And is he really our best player? when was the last time we really depended on him and he got us a win in an important match?

La Decima was won thanks to Di Maria Alonso Modric and Ramos. All Ronaldo did in that final was take his shirt off and act like an asshole.

He's won you a fair share of games, be honest. Yes, he's a bellend but he backs it up constantly. If he had had his birthday party on Thursday, would you have blamed that for the loss? Maybe he had it today to celebrate their win too, but they fucked up and it didn't happen.

FootballFan

Who deserves a birthday party the most

Ronaldo, Neuer or Messi

She's fine, my sister got drunk and fell over (long story, this years been shit thus far) but thanks anyway mate

Oh that's good to hear that she's fine. Hope your year improves.

Start the improvement with a small nap now lol

Tubie

My point is I can be angry about this party.

Sure they can party and get drunk and smoke and whatever.

Are you guys really saying this isn't in bad taste at the very least?

Lashley

Aye, I'm off to bed.

Hope you calm down Tubie and let Ronaldo enjoy his birthday bash. You'll give yourself an ulcer stressing like this.

Some photos

Don´t be sorry to post here. Those photos were great and we are happy to see excitement from any league. Heck, I post the lineups and the goals from my team that plays in a league that´s barely noticed for most of Europe (the Portuguese League) but I don´t feel bad for doing that. Some people are genuinely interested in all football leagues so it´s good to see fans from everywhere, so if you are an Orlando City fan, keep posting info here. I don´t know about the rest but I´m genuinely interested on how Kaka does for OC. The more football fans, the better.

Don´t be sorry to post here. Those photos were great and we are happy to see excitement from any league. Heck, I post the lineups and the goals from my team that plays in a league that´s barely noticed for most of Europe (the Portuguese League) but I don´t feel bad for doing that. Some people are genuinely interested in all football leagues so it´s good to see fans from everywhere, so if you are an Orlando City fan, keep posting info here. I don´t know about the rest but I´m genuinely interested on how Kaka does for OC. The more football fans, the better.

I have season tickets so I'll be posting if we do well.

Our owner is awesome and is really driving interest in the community. Its amazing to see all the soccer magnets on cars in the US south. The team is probably gonna be bigger than our NBA team, they've already sold more season tickets and are looking to try and fill a 60,000 seat stadium for opening day.

Soccer is def. growing in the states, slowly and surely.

My point is I can be angry about this party.

Sure they can party and get drunk and smoke and whatever.

Are you guys really saying this isn't in bad taste at the very least?

No, it's his 30th.

Also a well known fact Christiano Ronaldo is hardworking as hell in practice. One of the first to arrive, last to leave etc.

It's also pretty bad taste that you want to deny someone his birthday party because they lost a fucking game though. You're basically raging over the fact that a football player is having fun after losing a match like they entitle you to something.

Sorry pal, but they don't. Not to mention here's one picture for you;

OkpY3fz.png

YOU GUYS ARE STILL ON TOP OF THE BLOODY TABLE.

Tubie

No, it's his 30th.

OkpY3fz.png

YOU GUYS ARE STILL ON TOP OF THE BLOODY TABLE.

He has the right to do that, but I have the right to be angry about it, as do most supporters of the club.

We've been playing like shit since Modric got injured, so our position in that table is only because of how good we were early in the season. Doesn't reflect out current level at all.

He has the right to do that, but I have the right to be angry about it, as do most supporters of the club.

We've been playing like shit since Modric got injured, so our position in that table is only because of how good we were early in the season. Doesn't reflect out current level at all.

You have your rights to be angry about whatever you want to. and people have their right to laugh at you for being angry about such a silly thing.

Tubie

You have your rights to be angry about whatever you want to. and people have their right to laugh at you for being angry about such a silly thing.

I have no problem with that at all. This is a discussion forum and most conversations usually end in arguments. Sometimes good or bad (or even very funny), but that's the whole point of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom