• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blind has been good against the poorer sides. About his level for now.

West Ham pressed in midfield and he got by passed a lot.

But have to look beyond that too, the way we set up in midfield makes it a tough task for everyone.

Wilbur

Banned
ROONEY IS A STRICK / HE IS NOT A MID / EVERY1 IN THE WORLD KNOWS THIS EXCEPT LVG / MY DOG KNOWS THIS / MY FROG KNOWS THIS

ROONEY IS A STRICK / HE IS NOT A MID / EVERY1 IN THE WORLD KNOWS THIS EXCEPT LVG / MY DOG KNOWS THIS / MY FROG KNOWS THIS

Even if we thought with our dicks we would know it.

The experiment has failed. It worked now and then when he played 1 game in 10. With him starting every game in midfield it is a failure.

Scum

-----------------De Gea------------------
----------------------------------------------
---------Jones---Ballin'---Rojo------
Valencia---------------------------Shaw
------------------Blind----------------------
---------------------Herrera---------------
-----------------------------------------------
--------Di Maria------------Mata--------
--------------------Rooney----------------

Why not?

----------------------DDG
McNair ----- Jones ------- Rojo ------ Shaw
---------------Blind -------- Herrera
-------Januzaj------Mata-----ADM
----------------Rooney

Mata/Januzaj/ADM/Herrera are interchangeable in that 3. Carrick can partner Blind.

Again.

-------- Rooney ------- Falcao -------
------------------- Mata ---------------
----- Di Maria ----------- Herrera -----
------------------- Blind ------------------
Shaw ---- Rojo -- Jones ---- Rafael
----------------- De Gea -----------------

Wilson for Rooney or Falcao.

Blind has been good against the poorer sides. About his level for now.

West Ham pressed in midfield and he got by passed a lot.

But have to look beyond that too, the way we set up in midfield makes it a tough task for everyone.

Apart from the City/Chelsea games the play in which gave me a lot of hope.

Who has looked good against the good sides - Saints, Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool?

Carrick comes to mind.
Herrera I think in the small time he got to play.

Clegg

Didn't get to see the game, but not very surprised we didn't capitalise on yesterday's results. We aren't a very good side and our form is even worse when we go away. From what I've heard we put in our usual awful away performance.

dc89

"I suppose in the end we couldn’t cope with long-ball United. It was just thump it forward and see what they could get in the end. It paid off for them."

Big Sam. I. Can't.

K1LLER7

Blind is anonymous and his goal doesn't make up for a total nothing performance.

No presence, poor distribution. He didn't offer anything today and has rarely all season. This love for him is as fucking idiotic as the love in Falcao and belief that he will amount to anything for us.
Didn't have the best of games but he's been one of our better players this season imo.

"I suppose in the end we couldn’t cope with long-ball United. It was just thump it forward and see what they could get in the end. It paid off for them."

Big Sam. I. Can't.

It's sad

kTxi0m8.gif

Apart from the City/Chelsea games the play in which gave me a lot of hope.

Who has looked good against the good sides - Saints, Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs, Liverpool?

Carrick comes to mind.
Herrera I think in the small time he got to play.

Fellaini's played well against pretty much everyone. He's probably our most consistent outfield player.

scabro

Big Sam. I. Can't.

theres been some great trolling from managers this season

Bold One

Even if we thought with our dicks we would know it.

The experiment has failed. It worked now and then when he played 1 game in 10. With him starting every game in midfield it is a failure.

This has been going on for too long and I'm starting to think our coaches dont get the DVDs for our matches. We are not in the position to be experimenting, the injuries excuse can no longer be used.

The decent thing for Rooney to do now is fake an injury

scabro

its hard to be more worried than when tottenham were 10 points clear of us in March and they still bottled it.

Kinda concerned now, but no reason to believe things wont take their natural course.

FuturusX

its hard to be more worried than when tottenham were 10 points clear of us in March and they still bottled it.

Kinda concerned now, but no reason to believe things wont take their natural course.

With the way these teams are playing I'd say it's too tight to call and all teams should be worried bar Chelsea and perhaps City.

Idk, I just can't really agree that we were that bad today.

Think people are underestimating this West Ham side at home quite a bit, especially as they'd dumped Carroll for Sakho and were playing the formation that has done teams like Man City this season.

A point isn't that horrific, especially given how much nearly everyone below us has floundered this weekend (and will likely continue to flounder).

The performance was not great although it was generally better in the second half.

My main areas of concern are:

- Rooney as a CM. He's just awful. He's invisible except for when he's mis-passing it to the opposition in his own half. He has to play up front.

- The form of Falcao and RVP. They both missed chances that they would have previously buried in their sleep. There's a serious case to be made to bin them both in the summer. Falcao's first touch is pretty gash and doesn't seem to be improving.

- Blind clearly is not up for physical battles. That needs to change or he'll find himself being a squad player after next summer.

Clegg

Rooney, RVP and Falcao have 14 goals from 49 games between them.

Abysmal stuff. Rooney has an excuse I suppose. Wank from the other two though.

Beefy

With the way these teams are playing I'd say it's too tight to call and all teams should be worried bar Chelsea and perhaps City.

With City it depends on their next few games. I am not really worried about any team tbh, the fact we are 3rd is crazy.

inky

Idk, I just can't really agree that we were that bad today.

Well, when you are basically saying: Rooney sucked, RVP & Falcon sucked, Blind sucked, maybe not as much, but sucked nonetheless. And we add Di Maria, whom you are forgetting, also sucked, then, yea, I think I can safely say United were THAT bad. The semi dangerous spells don't make up for it. WHU have been good this season, but give them a game at least. 80 out of 90 minutes that didn't happen.

I don't think Rooney sucked entirely due to his position. I mean, it contributes, but fuck, you'd expect him to at least get a bit better after half a season playing there.

FeD.nL

Nah, that hasn't got shit to do with it.

Frank has always been scared to take risks. He wants to play safe and wants players to just pass the ball around and don't risks. If you put three young players up front it can go two ways of course. But at least you know there's a decent chance of things going our way. With Schöne up front you just miss a guy who can finish chances. What's the point of playing two wingers if you don't have anyone in the box anyways.

Exactly how I feel regarding de Boer. The one thing that is bothering me is that he says he's all for giving players confidence and than leaves out the ones that need it the most. Boilesen has been awful so many matches, yet the front three that show some promise get switched out every other game. It's just stupid that the one routine guy we've gotten this summer is Zimling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom