• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

FF is one of the coolest ember on FootyGAF. In fact I am going to play Xenoverse just because of his endorsement
and my cousins craze

Akira Toriyama should pay you for marketing the eff out of this franchise FF

FF is great. The fact that he likes Barce and dislikes Real Madrid is a cherry on top

Stop it m8s

I'm blushing.

<3

FF is on ignore here, with that add on that completely removes his posts. Wish I could ignore him on Whatsapp too.

You'll need to collect all 7 dragon balls to make your wish come true.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse

Out at your local retailers on the 27th February

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Real Madrid have watched Tottenham striker Harry Kane three times this season and will continue to monitor his progress, even though the 21-year-old has just signed a new contract at White Hart Lane. (Daily Mail)
Manchester United will look to sign Tottenham's 28-year-old goalkeeper Hugo Lloris in a £25m deal if Real Madrid complete a move for current stopper David De Gea, 24. (Daily Express)
Paul Pogba's agent has confirmed the 21-year-old France midfielder could leave Juventus this summer, but thinks potential suitors including Manchester United, Chelsea and Real Madrid may have to break the world transfer record to secure his services. (Daily Mail)
Arsenal are set to pip Manchester United to the £1m signature of 16-year-old Valenciennes defender Dayot Upomecano. (Daily Mirror)
Liverpool are looking to bring 24-year-old Benfica midfielder Eduardo Salvio to Anfield this summer. (Metro)
And the Reds are poised to battle Arsenal for the signature of out-of-favour Malaga keeper Guillermo Ochoa, 29. (Daily Express)
Manchester United have sent scouts to watch 21-year-old Inter Milan striker Mauro Icardi, who is also wanted by Liverpool. (Inside Futbol)

OTHER GOSSIP
Manchester City are monitoring Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone as their faltering form under Manuel Pellegrini continues to cause concern. (Daily Mail)
Leicester chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha told manager Nigel Pearson he was sacked on Sunday - only to be talked out of the change by his son Aiyawatt, a staunch supporter of Pearson. (Daily Mirror)
Crystal Palace midfielder James McArthur, who was involved in a touchline altercation with Pearson, has downplayed the incident as a joke. (Evening Standard)
Alternatively, McArthur says Pearson "scared" him during the incident. (Independent)
Tottenham striker Harry Kane has taken on a vocal role in the White Hart Lane dressing room and could even be handed the club captaincy in the future. (Telegraph)
Everton boss Roberto Martinez says he has no issue with Kevin Mirallas despite the 27-year-old winger telling Belgian media he wanted a "new challenge". (Evening Standard)
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he is sure the Gunners will still qualify for the Champions League despite Saturday's defeat to top-four rivals Tottenham. (The Sun - subscription required)
Newcastle boss John Carver says predecessor Alan Pardew would make a good England manager. (The Guardian)
Meanwhile, current England manager Roy Hodgson is set to hand a shock international call-up to Burnley striker Danny Ings, 22 . (Daily Star)
Liverpool fear Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva, 28, could be out for up to a month with a thigh strain. (Daily Express)
Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea almost signed for Wigan in 2011 before his move to Old Trafford. (Daily Star)
Manchester City defender Eliaquim Mangala, 23, has admitted he has been too inconsistent since his summer move from Porto. (The Guardian)
West Brom manager Tony Pulis believes new signing Darren Fletcher, 31, can help to monitor the club's young players. (The Times - subscription required)
Wales manager Chris Coleman has leapt to the defence of under-fire Real Madrid star Gareth Bale, 25. (Daily Express)
Manchester City defender Pablo Zabaleta has backed team-mate Sergio Aguero, 26, to return to his best form, saying he just needs to find the net. (Manchester Evening News)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
QPR striker Charlie Austin hailed retiring legend Tony McCoy as "the best jockey of all time" on Twitter.
Hull striker Sone Aluko expressed on Twitter his hope that elections in his native Nigeria would pass off peacefully.
Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli commiserated on Twitter with his "original country" of Ghana after their defeat in Sunday's Africa Cup of Nations final.

AND FINALLY...
Chelsea's new signing Juan Cuadrado has revealed the secret to his lightning pace - he has nightmares about being chased by a witch. (Daily Star)
A Sheffield Wednesday fan has been banned from attending football matches for three years for throwing a tangerine at Fulham supporters. (Daily Mail)

Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea almost signed for Wigan in 2011 before his move to Old Trafford. (Daily Star)
iiua15MM00Hgw.png

pulga

Banned
HALA BVB

Time to hop on this baby while relegation is a possibility, no more being accused of glory hunting CHOO CHOOOOOO
3N1H0Fc.png

I just can't imagine someone over the age of 13 huddled over this colourful little pocket-sized gaming device.

You seem to have trouble grasping a wide range of concepts/behaviors

It's concerning

Probity

Edit: That came out weird. Tired I guess? No good excuses, attempt two. I have been playing football for like ever. I play for a club team and the school team now. Officially, I don't have a position. I have played essentially every spot as necessary since I have a wide variety of skills, but some circumstances with showcases mean I need to choose a spot and stick with it. I am not sure where on the field I want to be the most, or where I would be the most useful, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. If needed, which it probably will be, I can give more details.

pulga

Banned
I realize we mostly talk about like actual professional players and matches, the real football nonsense, but I don't really have a solid alternate outlet for my question. I play too, but I have reached a sad position where I need to actually choose my primary position. Do you 'experts' have any ideas?

i have no idea what you're asking m8

pls elaborate

Pennywise

I realize we mostly talk about like actual professional players and matches, the real football nonsense, but I don't really have a solid alternate outlet for my question. I play too, but I have reached a sad position where I need to actually choose my primary position. Do you 'experts' have any ideas?

I guess you don't have something like a coach then ?
Just depends on your qualities, physical appearance, and your overview :p

Yen

Northern Ireland story of the week: a council sought to pardon and erect a plaque to some women convicted of witchcraft in the 1700s, this was the response:

iTtZ5lu.jpg

Probity

I guess you don't have something like a coach then ?
Just depends on your qualities, physical appearance, and your overview :p

My coach is completely and totally incompetent. The only reason we ever have any conceivable success is because the team has an acceptable level of chemistry. I would take anything he says with a grain of salt, so I'm trying other options.

wedward

Edit: That came out weird. Tired I guess? No good excuses, attempt two. I have been playing football for like ever. I play for a club team and the school team now. Officially, I don't have a position. I have played essentially every spot as necessary since I have a wide variety of skills, but some circumstances with showcases mean I need to choose a spot and stick with it. I am not sure where on the field I want to be the most, or where I would be the most useful, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. If needed, which it probably will be, I can give more details.

False nine.

Its always the answer.

pulga

Banned

What we need is a youtube skillz video

Probity | Goals, Skills, Assists | Welcome to BVB | 2015 (HD)

Where do you feel the most comfortable playing?

Pennywise

My coach is completely and totally incompetent. The only reason we ever have any conceivable success is because the team has an acceptable level of chemistry. I would take anything he says with a grain of salt, so I'm trying other options.

As I said it all depends on yourself, but that's something hard line out yourself, that's why it's better when someone with some knowledge watches you from outside.

Physical appearance plays a major role, but there are so many factors.
How good are your shots,crosses,passes or your anticipation of situations.

Just give us some backround knowledge :p We need to know what you can actually play and like.

Probity

False nine.

Its always the answer.

I was somewhat of a false nine when I was younger. I was an attacking mid but I was much more agile and quick than our clunky striker. Now I am a bit taller and such, make for a better target man or winger on the attack.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

It just depends on what you like playing the most and are more confortable in. I normally play defense in actual footy because I like to constantly watch the attackers and guess the flow of the play, for example.

Probity

I figure I should probably throw my information out now, so I don't have to answer a billion times.

I'm about 183cm, 73kg. I run about 4.6s in a 40 yd dash, but mostly ran distance in track events. I don't have good numbers for strength, but it is safe to say I am beat by only the keepers and CB's.

The positions I have played most often are: CF (as a target man), Second Striker, LW/RW, CDM, CB, and LB.

I have the strength and tackling ability for Defense, speed for the outside spots, finishing for the top, and stamina for midfield, but no qualities that really put me more in one category than another. The only spot I was never meant to play is keeper, I think.

Edit: Sorry for like, wasting everyone's time, I just don't really know a solid way I can answer the question at this exact moment, which is what I want.

FootballFan

I figure I should probably throw my information out now, so I don't have to answer a billion times.

I'm about 183cm, 73kg. I run about 4.6s in a 40 yd dash, but mostly ran distance in track events. I don't have good numbers for strength, but it is safe to say I am beat by only the keepers and CB's.

The positions I have played most often are: CF (as a target man), Second Striker, LW/RW, CDM, CB, and LB.

I have the strength and tackling ability for Defense, speed for the outside spots, finishing for the top, and stamina for midfield, but no qualities that really put me more in one category than another. The only spot I was never meant to play is keeper, I think.

Edit: Sorry for like, wasting everyone's time, I just don't really know a solid way I can answer the question at this exact moment, which is what I want.

Sounds like a box to box defensive midfielder to me mate.

Pennywise

The most important question is still unanswered, which position did you enjoy playing ?
Unless you've got tremendous talent on one position, you shouldn't really be forced to play something that you don't like.

I would suggest a central midfield position, depends on the tactics of your team, but that's a role where you can work for both the defensive and the offense.

Otherwise it's just really hard for an outsider to give you tips, you've got any other people who're regularly watching your games ? Have you asked your teammates ?

Probity

Sounds like a box to box defensive midfielder to me mate.

I think I could make a solid defensive midfielder. My only real major competition for the spot is too thin and weak for it in my opinion. He has amazing passing ability but no drive, and he isn't all that fast. I am conflicted with thinking I'd do well in the position and secretly having more fun playing as a striker.

I mostly enjoy contributing to the attack and taking nice curling shots, but I do show good defensive qualities more than fancy dribbling skill.

Fintan

Libero.

For some reason I love the craziness in MGS. I can just accept it without questioning it. The only thing I hate is Kojimas hard on for the Big Boss timeline.

For me it's Snake all the way.

But he keeps putting Big Boss in the spotlight. And I hate that so much.

When Kojima fucks up Silent Hill we can hate him for that too.

Facism

Every fucker wants to play upfront even if they can't. Sounds like you could induce quite a lot of small-dick syndrome in an opposition team if you played defence.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Every fucker wants to play upfront even if they can't. Sounds like you could induce quite a lot of small-dick syndrome in an opposition team if you played defence.

and no one ever tracks back to defend, it's the greatest thing

Pennywise

Nah I didn't.

Wanted to play midfield, but was forced to play keeper my entire youth.
Sadly I had pretty great reflexes and was a pretty great keeper, still wanted that midfield position :x

Probity

My team's problem isn't even that, actually. We have good defenders, and good forwards, but we have a terrible habit of letting the opposition score in the first 5 minutes. Last 3 games have all started with fast goals against us. L-D-D. Pathetic. I tell these guys every time but nooooooo.

Facism

Haha yes xpike.
Nah I didn't.

Wanted to play midfield, but was forced to play keeper my entire youth.
Sadly I had pretty great reflexes and was a pretty great keeper, still wanted that midfield position :x

Legend.

One thing o fucking hate are players who can't change their game to suit the opposition or even listen.

Pennywise

you sound like certain schalke kid

dPrJaGc.png

No.
Well, my first position was midfielder on the youngest youth level, we moved to another town and I got to a new club where a friend of mine played.

I played keeper for fun once in training and was forced to play it from this day on.
We got to a more sucessful club later on and were both invited to a training session to Arminia Bielefeld, sadly that was the time when we were 15 and gave no shit.
We were basically drinking and up until 3am...

Was a great time though, my friend was sensational when were like 9.
Every time we conceded a goal, he was so pissed and either crying or just furious and he just took the goal run through the entire opposite defense and scored a goal.

The really sad part is, one of the teams in the league always conceded like 10 goals against us, and one of their players is now playing Bundesliga... (Hühnemeier from Paderborn).

GorillaJu

Not my job to eat pizza, I wish it was lol.

Just out for lunch m8s. First time eating here.

Finished the Pizza. 6/10

Not bad but not the traditional pizzas from Napoli they claim to be equal to.

Too crunchy as well.

The other napolitan pizza place here does it way better. And they don't use electric stove lol. And their pizzaiolo is from Napoli.

Mes que un club

This kind of in-depth write-up can only be the work of a paid pizza aficionado.

Probity

One thing o fucking hate are players who can't change their game to suit the opposition or even listen.

You should meet my coach. He's a right fucking idiot. With the starting lineup, we may as well be playing a 2-4-4 with a great pair of CB's, a RW that's actually a CM, a LB that is actually a LW, a CF who is really a CAM, etc. It's a mess, but we make it work now and then since we understand each other and try to cater to our varying skills. The only issue is that we don't really adjust prior to the game, so we get caught in the beginning and then accommodate as the match progresses.

For some reason I love the craziness in MGS. I can just accept it without questioning it. The only thing I hate is Kojimas hard on for the Big Boss timeline.

For me it's Snake all the way.

But he keeps putting Big Boss in the spotlight. And I hate that so much.

I understand accepting it without questioning. Some of the science behind the genes is bullshit, but you understand what he is going for and at the end of the day it is a work of fiction and he can define the physics of that world any way he wants.

The reason I prefer the Snake games is because they are a lot more straight forward, especially 1 and 2. The BB games are Kojima adding to the canon, but sticking too much new shit in. Prequels are always a lot harder to get right, especially coming after 4 canon games.

Snake is also a much more straight forward character. He is a soldier who does his job, but has a moral compass that is pointing towards good.

BB starts out the same, but it is now a mess knowing what his intentions are. I will say this, it is great playing as a character who starts out as good and slowly as all the shit that happens to him starts to drift to the dark side. I fully expect MGS6 to be a remake of MG 1 and 2. Retconning a lot of shit and hopefully giving us the option to play the bad guy role of BB or the good guy role of Snake. I think it would be one of the most epic games of all time.

Believe it or not

I am going to that other pizza place I was talking about in that post later today lol.

Incredible.

Pizza twice in one day.

TODAY IS PAYDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I will be ordering two large pizza hut pizzas today, the first time doing so in Korea. One is Pepperoni stuffed crust, and the other a sausage and fries pizza. I am usually against such things as topping, but I am intrigued to see what it taste like. Especially as I loved having a cheap pizza with soggy fries at university. Combining the two in one pizza :))) :(((

Also FF, is Xenoverse online region locked, or does it not matter what version I pre-order today???

So, I have a vote for CDM, a vote for CB. Who's going to win?

Do you like fantasy? The game is calling out for a new fantasy number 10.

GorillaJu

Sal, man:

Black Sails ep 5
Episode ended last night with Flint on board the Andromache and I'm fucking counting the hours down till 8:30 when I'll be home and can watch the next episode. HHHNNNGGGHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom