• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

I can't fucking stand Italy.

Something as simple as broadcasting a game has to come down to club politics and finances.

I hate to say this, but Italy's mentality is so small time.
Everything in Italy is about connections.
Getting a job. Getting a house.
And to have these you need money, to have power.
Politics is everything here, and the whole system is built around this concept.
Can you imagine a League where Liverpool sides with Arsenal, Stoke, WBA, Everton, Southampton, QPR and other minor teams against United, City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Burnley and during the last fucking day Pool's boss goes out and straight-out buys Burnley and Villa's vote for the new EPL boss? While Utd, City and such are left without being able to say anything (Because Serie A counts as Serie B, every team counts as 1 -not Milan and Lazio, of course- and smaller teams need money to survive so they are more than happy to vote Tavecchio).

And in this shithole they needed a good man, a face to put out there and gain power and being loved by Italians. Someone who is both a bad guy and a winner. A Simeone, a Mourinho, something like that, so that they could say "see, the old guys had Prandelli and we lost everything, we have this, we're better, and you should not care about what we do in our offices".

Antonio-Conte_Italia-Olanda.jpg

Better Call Saul is legit

Yes it is.

Yeah that's kinda what I said too back then. I respect the high production values, story and everything else, but I don't respect the mind-numbing gameplay, which to me is the most important part of any game.

based on current form any striker is an upgrade over our strikers, but let's not forget what an in-form Llorente looked like last season, he was more decisive than Tevez. He needs someone to play next to him, and with Tevez running riot with his new 'free role', it won't be anytime soon. I dunno, I'd take Morata over him, Icardi doesn't work for the team, hate his kind of strikers.

Look at his goals http://www.whoscored.com/Players/106964/Fixtures/Mauro-Icardi

Why are you showing me his goals? Because he hasn't scored against top teams? He is playing on a pretty dire Inter team with only one other decent player in Guarin. He has scored in 10 games this season which has been a good a pretty good return.

You are right about his attitude, and now he is having a personal war with the fans.I also think his attitude made him not wanted at Barca

I just think he has shown himself to be a star. Out of the three 21 year old strikers who are having good seasons, Dybala and Kane, I would want him
Although if Dybala can produce again next season that might change
. He has shown good progress in his three seasons while playing for underwhelming teams.

Everything in Italy is about connections.
Getting a job. Getting a house.
And to have these you need money, to have power.
Politics is everything here, and the whole system is built around this concept.
Can you imagine a League where Liverpool sides with Arsenal, Stoke, WBA, Everton, Southampton, QPR and other minor teams against United, City, Chelsea, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Burnley and during the last fucking day Pool's boss goes out and straight-out buys Burnley and Villa's vote for the new EPL boss? While Utd, City and such are left without being able to say anything (Because Serie A counts as Serie B, every team counts as 1 -not Milan and Lazio, of course- and smaller teams need money to survive so they are more than happy to vote Tavecchio).

And in this shithole they needed a good man, a face to put out there and gain power and being loved by Italians. Someone who is both a bad guy and a winner. A Simeone, a Mourinho, something like that, so that they could say "see, the old guys had Prandelli and we lost everything, we have this, we're better, and you should not care about what we do in our offices".

Antonio-Conte_Italia-Olanda.jpg

Yes it is.

I am sick of it. I am always trying to defend Serie A to people, but the league keeps shooting itself in the foot.

Serie A should hire Scudamore, I am sure Silvio would love a sexist running the league.

Okay, Better Call Saul is gooooood. Looking forward to the Wonder Woman film, hopefully the studio won't mess with it too much. MacLaren is a brilliant director. Hope she handles the transition into films smoothly.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Why are you showing me his goals? Because he hasn't scored against top teams? He is playing on a pretty dire Inter team with only one other decent player in Guarin. He has scored in 10 games this season which has been a good a pretty good return.

You are right about his attitude, and now he is having a personal war with the fans.I also think his attitude made him not wanted at Barca

I just think he has shown himself to be a star. Out of the three 21 year old strikers who are having good seasons, Dybala and Kane, I would want him
Although if Dybala can produce again next season that might change
. He has shown good progress in his three seasons while playing for underwhelming teams.

this is another case where stats (Sassuolo's defense) are lying to you, he's not all that, even Inter know it (they tried to get rid of him twice I think?). For me if a striker fails to have an impact in big games, then I don't fucking want him. We're more than capable in brushing aside shit teams, thanks but no thanks.

Dybala and Kane are much better than him for my money, as they offer more than just goals inside the box.

Hixx

QPR win tonight, lads.

Anyone on a bad run comes to the SoL and we do them a favour. See: Hull. See: any fucking striker who hasn't scored for 20 games.

Ultra Palermo @UltraPalermo · 58s 59 seconds ago
Zamparini: "Dybala is now in the hands of some unscrupulous people. It's difficult to see him staying at #Palermo."

Brch14R.png

this is another case where stats (Sassuolo's defense) are lying to you, he's not all that, even Inter know it. For me if a striker fails to have an impact in big games, then I don't fucking want him. We're more than capable in brushing aside shit teams, thanks but no thanks.

Dybala and Kane are much better than him for my money, as they offer more than just goals inside the box.

Icardi has scored some nice goals outside the box, too. But as just a pure striker he is the best.

And he has a great record against the one and only big team in Italy. It is hard to judge a player when he is playing on a poor team.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, only time will tell us who is right. :)))
Icardi to score a hat trick against Juve for Arsenal in the CL final. Shanks neither living, nor dead.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Tevez is suspended next week

which means we're going to see Llorente-Morata! Or Coman-Morata!

EXCITINGGGGGGGGGGGGg

Zabojnik

It's on the UK one, you can easily switch regions.

Or I could just, you know, have my uncle from the UK send me the VHS tape. :blaface:

Tevez is suspended next week

which means we're going to see Llorente-Morata! Or Coman-Morata!

EXCITINGGGGGGGGGGGGg

Or maybe even Morata - Llorente - Coman? Yeah right, lol. We're up against the mighty Cesana after all.

It's gonna be Morata - Llion. Snubbing Llorente right now would mean losing him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Icardi has scored some nice goals outside the box, too. But as just a pure striker he is the best.

And he has a great record against the one and only big team in Italy. It is hard to judge a player when he is playing on a poor team.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, only time will tell us who is right. :)))
Icardi to score a hat trick against Juve for Arsenal in the CL final. Shanks neither living, nor dead.

if there is a God (there isn't) he'll be forced to retire after he breaks his leg in five places

dc89

Simeone has been linked with City.
But Balague says Simeone has told Torres he will be at Atletico next season.

I don't believe Balague

Pennywise

o3abnfi.png

By the time I return, I fully expect Steve and Quiche to be CS Gods. Please train them well Hixx and Penny.

Yeah Quiche got banned for 24h for a teamkill, allthough someone just run into his shots.

We had some dutch guy called Super Mario who was acting like a diva from the start, despite him being shit.
We won the rounds and Hixx called him out every time he was acting like a dick, he then went afk and told the opposite our positions every round.
We still nearly won it :D

HOLY SHIT

FUCKING LEGEND

GET IN MARCO

<3

Still

Nearly

Won

Penny please.

and oh dear, Zamps isn't stopping.

Zamparini: "I don't talk to Dybala anymore. He's completely changed. There are people who are trying to involve him in strange situations."

Pennywise

Still

Nearly

Won

Penny please.

and oh dear, Zamps isn't stopping.

Zamparini: "I don't talk to Dybala anymore. He's completely changed. There are people who are trying to involve him in strange situations."
Come on.
We played against 5, with 1 bot and one person who was afk and told them our positions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom