• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

http://youtu.be/A7WJU9XU6Wo?t=51s

p1kx90C.png

Scum

I've got to warn you though that PSV, unlike certain other Dutch teams, will squeeze you for every penny you've got.

They haven't seen our fax machine yet.

Won't take 20 years.

Won't overtake United, Liverpool or Arsenal, but they will definitely become one of the bigger clubs in England in terms of support.

Chelsea weren't big 15 years ago and look at them now.

Why? They win and have world class players. Going to grow faster than Tottenham.

Not specifically talking about in the UK either. Their international appeal will only grow.

But Chelsea had and have a great coach and plenty of trophies, something that City lacks.

wedward

They haven't seen our fax machine yet.

But Chelsea had and have a great coach and plenty of trophies, something that City lacks.

?

I said they will get there eventually.

City have won the league 2 times in 3 years and have an FA and League cup. I'd consider that a pretty damn good haul over a 5 year period.

I agree they need a CL, but Chelsea became pretty popular without one.

faridmon

Leighton Baines is a major doubt with a knee injury, while Aiden McGeady, Tony Hibbert, Steven Pienaar, Leon Osman and Christian Atsu are all unavailable

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Everton boss Roberto Martinez says Tim Howard will return in goal after recovering from a calf problem.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

El Cid

Neo Member
Added to their domestic prowess, Chelsea has had a 10 year spell of reaching at least the semis of the CL pretty much every year, which did much to increase their popularity internationally. City will have to genuinely start competing for the CL in order to make that leap into the group of mot popular teams.

wedward

bu bu bu Wenger just doesn't know how to use him!!

No, actually he is lazy as hell and contributes absolutely nothing other than a thunderbolt every blue moon.

Added to their domestic prowess, Chelsea has had a 10 year spell of reaching at least the semis of the CL pretty much every year, which did much to increase their popularity internationally. City will have to genuinely start competing for the CL in order to make that leap into the group of mot popular teams.

I agree, but I don't think they are that far away. Hence why I said eventually.

Lightning

Banned
He have been utter pants in the past few months, and Oviedo have been fantastic, even playing out of position. Remember, when we were on form last season (including that win at Old Trafford)? Oviedo was Left Back.
He's still a class player though. Maybe the problem is Martinez rather than Baines?

Bold One

He have been utter pants in the past few months, and Oviedo have been fantastic, even playing out of position. Remember, when we were on form last season (including that win at Old Trafford)? Oviedo was Left Back.

don't read too much into it, everyone won at Old trafford last season

Anyone else get annoyed when Liverpool and Everton score, and then the managers celebrate by putting their arm in the air.? :lol I know its highly irrational but they look so silly.

El Cid

Neo Member
I agree, but I don't think they are that far away. Hence why I said eventually.

They'll have to start getting easier draws :p

In general, Chelsea had the luck to have had Mourinho set up the squad for European success back in his first period and to have started their rise in a time when the hierarchy wasn't as ossified as it is nowadays (their first CL semi was in the year the other semifinalists were Porto, Superdepor and Monaco). City will not only have to start beating the best when it matters, but also find a solution for their tactical naivete.

Yen

I spent the past two days working on the same piece of homework, because it's so bloody boring - devolution.
"When I play with the Playstation, I always choose […] Manchester City," Dybala told Guerin Sportivo. "I dream to play one day with one of those clubs."

Explain this, Wooden.
Don't be afraid to dream a little bigger, Dybarling.

faridmon

He's still a class player though. Maybe the problem is Martinez rather than Baines?

He can't pass the ball, doesn't track back anymore and his corners have been pants. Also, he stopped scoring Free Kicks. He is getting old, that is the problem. Him and Jagielka's age have been a concern for a long time and I think it caught up with him. We should have sold him last year when Man U was knocking at the door.

I love him as a person, he is loyal and can add a lot of depth to the team, but he shouldn't start games.

don't read too much into it, everyone won at Old trafford last season

Including but that wasn't the highlight. We Drew against Arsenal and Chelsea Away during that time and battered some other minnows. I had to mention Old Trafford because, even the weakest Man U team won against us for like 156 years there.

ChelseaFC: Chelsea team v Everton: Cech; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Cuadrado, Willian, Hazard; Remy. #CFC

ChelseaFC: Chelsea subs v Everton: Courtois, Cahil, Ake, Filipe Luis, Fabregas, Loftus-Cheek, Drogba. #CFC

Zouma and Remy? So fucking good. CUADRADOOOOOOOOOOO

Cesc on the bench, Loftus-Cheek too, good times.

Willian behind Remy? Interesting... very interesting.

dc89

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (C), Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Nasri, Milner, Silva, Aguero

City do the whole twitter countdown for the team news bug forget the team goes out slightly early on the Matchday App.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom