• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Shit day for me. Two job rejections, spent all day before work filling out a job application before deciding I need to make my blog the best it can be before I apply for anymore, then went to work - left at 4, home at 11 - and got off the computer ten minutes ago after working on my blog all night

And I have around 5000 words of copywriting to do tomorrow which I'll only get paid around 60-70 quid because it was the first freelance job I took out of uni and I accepted a teeny tiny wage for it

and united were shit

what a shit day

Elchele

Shit day for me. Two job rejections, spent all day before work filling out a job application before deciding I need to make my blog the best it can be before I apply for anymore, then went to work - left at 4, home at 11 - and got off the computer ten minutes ago after working on my blog all night

And I have around 5000 words of copywriting to do tomorrow which I'll only get paid around 60-70 quid because it was the first freelance job I took out of uni and I accepted a teeny tiny wage for it

and united were shit

what a shit day

That's the way Gaal planned it

cheer up wilbury. life is pretty good. and I don't even live in the first world

Messi

and united were shit

what a shit day

I spent the day eating lime doritos, reading comics and jerking it.

I am not in a good place :(

Elchele

Bild saying that Mkhitaryan, Immobile, Großkreutz, Ramos and Jojic are on Klopp's drop-list.

I'd believe that, but Großkreutz? no way. He's a great depth player, he can play almost anywhere.

wedward

Any of you guys have neck/upper back pain?

It's killing me. I can't twist my neck.
D5Jy4CR.png

Yeah, I did for years.

Bought a firmer mattress and pillow. Fixed it.

wedward

and united were shit

what a shit day

Finding your first job our of school is the hardest job you will ever have to find. Never was more depressed in my life.

The feeling when it finally happens though. Incredible. Keep sending apps. Something will come.

Wilbur

Banned
Finding your first job our of school is the hardest job you will ever have to find. Never was more depressed in my life.

The feeling when it finally happens though. Incredible. Keep sending apps. Something will come.

cheers for the kind words, man

Off to bed to watch friends

tomorrow is another day

night guyz

Pennywise

I can't believe how bad Immobile is.
He wasn't that bad, just take a look at the games against Augsburg or Leverkusen, there where was nearly no decent pass for him, apart from that header at the end...
Aubameyang got alot of good balls against Freiburg, so did Immobile against Wolfsburg when he was tearing them apart.Plus he is still new, I guess Dortmund will play with Aubameyang up front from the next season on and Immobile.
With Kampl we got a better RM, who is actually working pretty well for the defense compared to Aubameyang.

Bild saying that Mkhitaryan, Immobile, Großkreutz, Ramos and Jojic are on Klopp's drop-list.

I'd believe that, but Großkreutz? no way. He's a great depth player, he can play almost anywhere.

Großkreutz hasn't really played good as LB/RB this season either, he can't cross for shit and tends to be a liability.

He should never play midfield again anyway, he should go to a club like Mainz,Augsburg or Cologne.

And if there is one thing we need, it's a better option.
Pisczek had a pretty hit or miss season with all his injuries, same goes for Durm and Schmelzer.
Jojic is pretty much done, and I don't think Micky will stay here either, unless we don't get an offer.

Elchele

Why does Pep like him at all? I can't stand Rafinha. Easily my least favorite on the team, I'd sell him before I sold Dante.

because that way he can play Lahm as midfielder. Pep is a fucking idiot
Lahm is better as RB, the team is better with Lahm as RB, Rafinha is shit.

Pennywise

because that way he can play Lahm as midfielder. Pep is a fucking idiot
Lahm is better as RB, the team is better with Lahm as RB, Rafinha is shit.

Yeah I never understood that.
You've got like a dozen of great midfielders and yet Lahm is playing there.

Lahm as RB is worldclass, as midfielder he is just decent.

And Rafinha is one of the biggest cunts in football, there aren't many players that keep diving and fouling like cunts on a constant level.
Ribery was once like that, he isn't anymore.
Rafinha is just a piece of shit.

This.

But then it starts to suck. Just finished some work. Gotta be up in a few hours to go present it. Ugh.

Ingeniero

Landing your first real job after graduation is hell, I remember those dark times.
Keep trying, don't give up.
And always remeber to edit your CV accordingly to the job/industry you are applying to, never send the same thing.

GQman2121

Banned
Speaking of jobs, I wish I could get paid to publish shit like Sherwood OR Klinsmann to Villa. I mean that person is just laughing all the way to the pub after shutting down for the afternoon.

Probity

I love how literally switching Lahm to RB saved our World Cup. Pep watched, didn't even take note. We have a billion solid midfielders, even with the injuries, and we still don't put him in his best position.

I've grown a respect for Pep regarding our passing ability, but he isn't all knowing and we need Lahm in the back to supplement our sluggish counter defense.

FootballFan

I love how literally switching Lahm to RB saved our World Cup. Pep watched, didn't even take note. We have a billion solid midfielders, even with the injuries, and we still don't put him in his best position.

I've grown a respect for Pep regarding our passing ability, but he isn't all knowing and we need Lahm in the back to supplement our sluggish counter defense.

Pep knows what he is doing

Probity

Pep knows what he is doing

I would generally agree with you, but really there are some cases I'm not sure about. I can respect moving Alaba up, since it is his preferred position and he is just as useful - but I still think he is better at LB. As for Lahm, I can see why Pep wants him in the midfield, since he has solid passing and great mental understanding of the game, but we don't have an effective replacement for him in the back. If we are going to play a 3-back, we need to ensure our midfield is set up correctly to accommodate. Unfortunately for Pep's love of our midfield, we simply cannot effectively play a 3-back with our current CB's. They are mostly inconsistent as a whole and there is no light way of saying they don't work well as a group.

When we have a fully healthy squad, the 3-4-3 can work just fine. We have extremely versatile players in the first team which can have a ton of possibilities. When we play a counter attacking team though, we really need to change our style of play, put in a 4-back and all that and we'd do much better against teams like Wolfsburg (as an example).

Pep just seems too set in his ways to try anything else, and while he knows football extremely well, he has proven with Bayern that he is unable to work with anything other than intense passing and possession. He never adapts much, and that's my issue.

FootballFan

I would generally agree with you, but really there are some cases I'm not sure about. I can respect moving Alaba up, since it is his preferred position and he is just as useful - but I still think he is better at LB. As for Lahm, I can see why Pep wants him in the midfield, since he has solid passing and great mental understanding of the game, but we don't have an effective replacement for him in the back. If we are going to play a 3-back, we need to ensure our midfield is set up correctly to accommodate. Unfortunately for Pep's love of our midfield, we simply cannot effectively play a 3-back with our current CB's. They are mostly inconsistent as a whole and there is no light way of saying they don't work well as a group.

When we have a fully healthy squad, the 3-4-3 can work just fine. We have extremely versatile players in the first team which can have a ton of possibilities. When we play a counter attacking team though, we really need to change our style of play, put in a 4-back and all that and we'd do much better against teams like Wolfsburg (as an example).

Pep just seems too set in his ways to try anything else, and while he knows football extremely well, he has proven with Bayern that he is unable to work with anything other than intense passing and possession. He never adapts much, and that's my issue.

Thanks for elaborating and giving a proper answer (stares at penny)

Honestly, I would agree with you. Lahm should be Rb in my opinion. Lahm is sensational in midfield but there aren't many if any defenders like him.

But I disagree about the adapting part. I'm sure if all your players were fit he would make necessary changes but that is something out of everyone's control.

His style of play can and has changed at bayern imo.

The players and fans need to believe.

Probity

Thanks for elaborating and giving a proper answer (stares at penny)

Honestly, I would agree with you. Lahm should be Rb in my opinion. Lahm is sensational in midfield but there aren't many if any defenders like him.

But I disagree about the adapting part. I'm sure if all your players were fit he would make necessary changes but that is something out of everyone's control.

His style of play can and has changed at bayern imo.

The players and fans need to believe.

I should probably rephrase. I have seen the adaption first hand. We went from a poorly worked tiki-taka to something much more comparable to Total Football, which makes total sense with our full roster. Our players are extremely good in a lot of different positions and our extensive midfield allows for such a play where we rotate positions flexibly and still maintain solid control.

Still, against counter-attacking teams we don't fix our defense tactics. We still play too far up, we still try to constantly work on the offsides call, and we still spend too much time passing near or CB's. Something needs to change drastically if we want to win the CL this year, there's no way we could handle some of the better offensive teams otherwise.

At least our r16 opponent is Shakhtar Donetsk. We need the opportunity to ease into more European games since we get so lazy with the Bundesliga sometimes.

Probity

we aren't winning the CL with Pep, open your eyes m8

I didn't think we would win the world cup with Löw.
Poor comparison, but eh.

I think Pep definitely has the capability if a few things change, but I definitely understand the more negative side, since I was on it forever.

I guess Bla found a way to convince me not to hate him so much.

Salazar

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 16m16 minutes ago
LISTEN: Find out more about the biggest ‘bromance’ at @Arsenal as @Alex_OxChambo discusses Jenko on Soundcloud:

The competition for saddest club twitter is tightening up

Probity

Still, fuck Real Madrid.

Their modern success comes from spending completely ridiculous amounts of money on good players just for the sake of it. The development system has a few good guys but almost everyone is bought and paid a lot to be there. They call them Galacticos like that makes it a good thing or something. I find little pride in buying success.

And before anyone comments, I don't like how we buy all of our competition's best players, but I think we have the decency of having one of the best youth programs in all of world football. We get a lot of prospects and work with them as we can, which I think is a slight bit different.

I'm all about that development, so much more to be proud of.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

and united were shit

what a shit day

whats your blog about?

The competition for saddest club twitter is tightening up

shut your fucking mouth bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom