• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikkun

WELL after some panic googling, I suppose I can handle 50 dollars per year, you fucking THIEVES

Hope they get hacked again by Wii fanboys

Any good free games atm?

Yakuza 4 on PS3, Transistor on PS4 and some other shit, ask Fady lolllllllll sorry Fady I drank too much, I'll show myself to me bed.

jts

...hate me...
Sony are having a free weekend for online play starting the 13th.

How fucking GRACIOUS of them.
bRspTSI.gif

LET'S DO THIS

sorry for the cringe

L1NETT

mou walking out of MOTD interviews

always has to make it about him

chap just loves deflecting the attention onto himself. the prick

---

Mongrels is the ultimate comfort food show. Quality wee half an hour of chucklesome telly

of course the beeb fucking cancelled it

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Transistor, Apotheon, Rogue Legacy, Thief (PS3)

Rogue Legacy is good times plus i heard Transistor is pretty sweaty.
Thanks!! I'll go for Transistor since it looks more interesting and something Id never see myself paying for :lol
Yakuza 4 on PS3, Transistor on PS4 and some other shit, ask Fady lolllllllll sorry Fady I drank too much, I'll show myself to me bed.
Y4 is free too?!?! Woooo

How close to Shenmue are we talking here? I never tried any of the Yakuza games, unfortunately.

WELL after some panic googling, I suppose I can handle 50 dollars per year, you fucking THIEVES

Hope they get hacked again by Wii fanboys

Any good free games atm?

Fucking hell, I thought you were just joking lol. It was the one negative about the PS4 when it was announced.

I need to buy it again. Been without it this month.

Gonna go home and buy it and preorder Xenoverse. Not sure if I should preorder Bloodborne. It comes out on the same day as the US here, but not 100% sure about the language options.

Facism

Thanks!! I'll go for Transistor since it looks more interesting and something I'd never pay for :lol

Y4 is free too?!?! Woooo

How close to Shenmue are we talking here? I never tried any of the Yakuza games, unfortunately.

Not that close to Shenmue but it's definitely a great Sega game. Those don't happen often, these days. Give it a handshandy.

Yurt, you don know all those games are yours to rent whilst you have the sub, yeh? ;p You don't need to pick and choose

Sony are having a free weekend for online play starting the 13th.

How fucking GRACIOUS of them.

OMG BASED SONY. This is perfect and exactly what I needed. I needed to be able to access PS Plus just so I could add this month's games to my US account, the same account which I've applied to get free 6 months PS Plus out of that settlement.

I was worried about whether signing up just for 1 month would void my ability to get those free 6 months, since you can only apply for those 6 months if you're not a current PS Plus member.

Fucking perfection. Still don't need to spend a dime on Plus yet.

Bakkus

There comes a point when a player isn't worth keeping if they're injured all the time, and that time is coming for Rafael. If he's not getting in ahead of McNair and Valencia, he's not worth keeping.

2 of Smalling, Evans and Jones should be sold assuming replacements can be found - I'd be inclined to keep Jones of the 3.

The problem is that if we sell Rafael we would be getting so little for him due to his injuries that it's a better idea to keep him and play him when he's free from injuries. McNair and Valencia are only ahead of him because he has just come back from injury and LvG don't want to put him in the squad again just yet (at least I hope that's the case).

I'm afraid we have to pay bloodprice for those two replacements (around 30m for each of them) and we'll probably only get a quarter of that from Smalling and Evans. Seems pretty risky and will only fuel even more people who say United have become like City/Chelsea in terms of only buying. We could also easily end up getting a Mangala for that price which will put us back to the same place we're currently on

i'm not sure you get access to the entirety of plus or just p2p gaming, mate.

I just googled it and it is named as "PlayStation Plus free weekend" so I'm assuming it is.

EDIT: Oh wait nvm, it's only multiplayer. Fun cancelled. Looks like I'll have to just go for the 1 month or see if any of my games will give a 2 day trial again...

Serie D! I've never even heard of Serie C!

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Parma are dead.

Sorry Suen :lol
Serie D is literally an amateur league.

I haven't been following the Parma news too closely - has it really been confirmed that they'd be relegated to D? When Napoli suffered our bankruptcy clusterfuck a decade ago, they only kicked us down as far as C1. Poor Parma.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We could all literally play for Parma in Serie D

Let's do it Suennnn
When pigs fly, Yurt.

😞

'When donkeys fly'

This is what Verona said about Chievo's chances of promotion

And now Chievo are running around in Serie A with a flying donkey badge on their shirts.

I don't want us to be known as the Flying Pigs, Bacon ;_;

Fucking hell, I thought you were just joking lol. It was the one negative about the PS4 when it was announced.
you're underestimating my lack of gaming knowledge :lol I don't follow the news at all

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not that close to Shenmue but it's definitely a great Sega game. Those don't happen often, these days. Give it a handshandy.

Yurt, you don know all those games are yours to rent whilst you have the sub, yeh? ;p You don't need to pick and choose
PRAISE THE SUN! I like everything about this post!

Free games BABY!

Work in 3 hours ;_; night guys ;_;

Elchele

did any of you watch the new Louis CK stand up video? Damn, that was weak. I guess he's too busy with his other projects now to give a shit about stand up.

Scum

ASTON VILLA MANAGER GOSSIP
Former Spurs boss Tim Sherwood has emerged as the early favourite for the vacant Aston Villa job following the sacking of Paul Lambert. (Birmingham Mail)
Tim Sherwood and USA national team boss Jurgen Klinsmann are early candidates for the Aston Villa job. (Mirror)
Former Arsenal defender Scott Marshall - who worked with Paul Lambert at both Wycombe Wanderers and Norwich - has been asked to prepare the Aston Villa side for Sunday's FA Cup fifth-round tie against Leicester. (Guardian)
There are six candidates who could be in the frame to take over from Paul Lambert as Aston Villa manager. (Telegraph)

TRANSFER GOSSIP
West Ham are considering a move for 26-year-old Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez, who is currently on loan at Real Madrid. (Daily Star)
Palermo's highly-rated 21-year-old forward Paulo Dybala has admitted he dreams of playing for either Manchester City or Barcelona. (Daily Mail)
Manchester United still have a slim chance of signing Borussia Dortmund midfielder Marco Reus, despite the 25-year-old signing a new contract. The Red Devils could land the Germany forward if they stump up £50m. (Daily Star)
Southampton striker Dani Osvaldo has ended his Premier League nightmare by signing for boyhood club Boca Juniors. (Mirror)

OTHER GOSSIP
Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic may face a ban for violent conduct after appearing to attempt to headbutt and put a headlock on James McCarthy. (Daily Mail)
Steven Gerrard is unlikely to play for Liverpool again this month after suffering a hamstring strain in the 3-2 win over Tottenham Hotspur on Tuesday night. (Times - subscription required)
Crystal Palace could face an FA rap after Newcastle star Fabricio Coloccini was struck on the head by a coin at Selhurst Park last night. (Sun - subscription required)
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has revealed he wants to remain in charge of Chelsea for the next decade and bring plenty of silverware to Stamford Bridge - starting with this season's Premier League title. (Daily Mail)
Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey could be given the job of saving QPR from relegation until the end of this season. (Sun - subscription required)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Manchester City goalkeeper Willy Caballero was quick to re-enact James Milner's goal scoring celebration. The midfielder grabbed City's third goal in their 4-1 win at Stoke City, and the keeper posted this on his Instagram page:
Queens Park Rangers midfielder Leroy Fer remains upbeat despite being sidelined for up to 10 weeks with a knee injury. Writing on Twitter, the Dutch international said: "Always keep your head up and smile... Thanks everyone for the support! I'll work hard to come back stronger!"

AND FINALLY...
Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has been crowned the hottest player in the Premier League following a poll of American women. Burnley topped the overall league of attractive-ness, with the hottest team overall. (Mirror)

Tim Sherwood and USA national team boss Jurgen Klinsmann are early candidates for the Aston Villa job. (Mirror)
SgYahwF.png

Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has been crowned the hottest player in the Premier League following a poll of American women. Burnley topped the overall league of attractive-ness, with the hottest team overall. (Mirror)
iISggJuOqoNJ3.png

Zabojnik

Just had three sensational PES matches with Dean. So good, so tight. :blaface:

Lag was minimal for me Dean, basically a non-factor. A couple of connection hiccups here and there, but again, nothing game breaking.

Looking forward to our next clash! Dat first Juve - Arse half doe, looool. Dat Bosscielny sliding save. Dat crazy pen. So many great moments! :D

Maybe we could even get that 2vs2 going ...

FootballFan

Just had three sensational PES matches with Dean. So good, so tight. :blaface:

Lag was minimal for me Dean, basically a non-factor. A couple of connection hiccups here and there, but again, nothing game breaking.

Looking forward to our next clash! :D

Maybe we could even get that 2vs2 going ...

Were you guys talking to eachother? dean told me he has a cockney accent.

cremino

Serie D is literally an amateur league.

I haven't been following the Parma news too closely - has it really been confirmed that they'd be relegated to D? When Napoli suffered our bankruptcy clusterfuck a decade ago, they only kicked us down as far as C1. Poor Parma.

Yes, Back then Napoli benefitted from Lodo Petrucci
http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lodo_Petrucci
Lodo Petrucci was abolished last year and now every professional club that goes bankrupt will have to start from Serie D

So, just played 3 games on PES against Zabo. What a time to be alive.

Here are the results and teams we played as:

1st game

Juve (Zabo) 3 - 2 Arsenal (me)

What a sensationally silly game this was. We kept giving the ball to each other, our defences went AWOL in the first half looool. Zabo scored first with a good finish from Tevez (I think?) stroking the ball past Ospina. Then I hit back with a brilliant run and cross down the right from Walcott and a superb hit on the run from Ghostzill. Zabo scored again after I made some stupid tackles and Tevez doubled his tally. Then a long ball from Ozil and Giroud's chest control took it past the keeper and a simple finish made it 2-2 as the first half ended. Oh and Koscienly made a fantastic block as Zabo shot making it go out for a corner.

In the 2nd half, it was a lot more even. Until Ramsey got sent off for a second yellow. Cunt. Zabo then swarmed my defence and got the winning goal.

2nd game:

Juve (Zabo) 2 - 3 Atletico Madrid (me)

A brilliant, tight and tactical game. The first half went quite well for me as I scored late in the half with Manduzkic. I pressed and harried his defence, fighting for every ball. Early in the second half, a through ball from Koke left Griezmann free to curl one into the far post. Then Zabo got one back with a pen, from Gimenez stupidly tackling Llorente from behind (I PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTON :().

He equalised not long after. Then in the final, closing mins....Siqueria sent a free kick to the edge of the box, Manduzkic headed it down and Griezmann fired it in for his second and the winning goal :D :D

3rd and final game:

Milan
what a traitor
(Zabo) 2 - 1 Lyon (me)

A poor game in all honesty. Zabo scored 2. I scored 1. That is all. loooool

And therein concludes our battles to the death. May it continue Zabo. You have been a worthy warrior. *tips hat*

qBsuB5s.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Next two games are away where we play worse than home and dont get results.

Swansea please bend over D:

Elchele

Any of you guys have neck/upper back pain?

It's killing me. I can't twist my neck.
D5Jy4CR.png

I fucked up my back somehow, I can't twist my upper body that much or I feel a lot of pain. Being like that for like 3 weeks, there's no going back

also.

The first Pokemon movie destroyed me

Pretty sure it destroyed everyone

Rewatching it now I don't get it, but man I couldn't handle that shit

:lol those posts destroyed me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom