• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree but that's the reason, not because there's a conspiracy to derail Chelsea's title challenge

What are the reasons for not punishing Vertonghen's choke in the league cup semi 2nd leg and RVP's arm smash on Sunday?

Btw the conspiracy angle is not thrown at the FA, it's thrown towards the Media, although the FA's inconsistency and peddling towards the Media can be seen as a byproduct of the mess.

Kentucky Route Zero for £9.49

Talk to me.

I thought this was some new KFC box. Googled it and indie game. Am dissapoint. And evidently hungry.

Splatt

That's the worst mock-up since that shitty Pogba-in-Real-shirt.jpg posted by Frustrated

i2jh80atGPQWU.png

;_;

iOlauBIOyTwzJ.gif

I'm so gullible I should be writing transfer gossip for Daily Mail

It is such a strange coincidence that despite all the media being plastered with pictures of Ivanovic given McCarthy a soft cuddle every single one of them has somehow missed this picture
IEFf00S.png

it's carnaval time here too, all weekend and monday+tuesday are holiday days because of it :lol

My new bed just arrived. I'm building it together while watching Chinese TV. :sadface

But to be fair, I hate Karneval too. If I hadnt seen some people on FB getting drunk I would have forgotten it lol.

I pussied out this morning

But I'm not even sad, it really is very stupid here in Germany. I reckon that saved me a good amount of cash as well :lol

So glad Petr stayed in the end. He was awesome last night. I hope he stays next season too but I know that isn't going to happen :/. I remember being really upset when I was younger cause Cech replaced Cudicini and I fucking loved him.

It is such a strange coincidence that despite all the media being plastered with pictures of Ivanovic given McCarthy a soft cuddle every single one of them has somehow missed this picture
IEFf00S.png

One media outlet even went as far to say Ivanovic bit McCarthy haha. He was no where near biting the cunt.

GorillaJu

What are the reasons for not punishing Vertonghen's choke in the league cup semi 2nd leg and RVP's arm smash on Sunday?

Btw the conspiracy angle is not thrown at the FA, it's thrown towards the Media, although the FA's inconsistency and peddling towards the Media can be seen as a byproduct of the mess.

I thought this was some new KFC box. Googled it and indie game. Am dissapoint. And evidently hungry.

It's not even media conspiracy. It's the media writing stories that they know will have an audience. They aren't exercising their power over the FA to pursue an agenda.

I didn't watch the Utd game so I can't give an opinion about it but a lot of arm smashes get ruled as accidental. People get away with it a lot, where stamps tend to be judged more harshly.

Blablurn

You still dressing up? I remember you said you were trying to dress smarter and your friends thought they would too

Yeah, but there isnt much going on lately. So no need to dress up fancy.

Elsk. Might have missed the news. What happened with your girl? Hast du sie klar gemacht? Is she yours now?

Rikkun

You just go out and get drunk during the day during Carnevale?
Awesome.

Also m8s please help my hair line is more receding than Parma, what do I do, I look like Vidal 2011 with Robben's hair
Mm84Hms.png

Ingeniero

Mourinho can't fool me, its so obvious he is playing a character, a very bad, cunt one btw.
Its his strategy to get the pressure on him and not the players, but man its so embarrasing, what a shit manager.

How people can get so angry about stuff like that baffles me. I've only ever seen about 2 reviews that actually made me irritated in my life.

Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 Review
This game gets a red card, and possibly a lifetime ban.
by Avi Burk

December 5, 2008 - What sports fan doesn't want to take control of his favorite team and guide it to a championship, or, better yet, a long string of championships? Well, if it means playing Worldwide Soccer Manager, you can count me in that number.

Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 gives gamers the chance to manage and coach 5,000 soccer teams from 50 countries around the globe, giving them the chance to manage every aspect of their team's roster, field questions from reporters at their team's press conferences, and coach their teams in real time as each simulated game unfolds. What it doesn't do, more importantly, is provide any compelling reason to keep "playing."

Although the game's database of more than 350,000 real-life soccer players is certainly impressive, only the most diehard fans of the sport would be able to appreciate having such a massive pool of talent to sift through, and the casual fan would almost certainly find the task overwhelming – I did.
This is a game solely intended for hardcore soccer fans.

The game's incredibly complex menu system is very difficult to navigate, even with the on-screen help box directing you through the process. In short, this game is extremely difficult to simply pick up and play. If you're unfamiliar with the franchise expect to spend a significant amount of time simply trying to figure out how to navigate the menus.

Worldwide Soccer Manager's presentation problems don't end there though, once you finally make it to your team's first game you'll find that the player renderings and animations are awful, and the stadiums you play in lack any kind of personality or detail. Each field is bordered by fences and what appear to be unfinished stands, which don't have any fans in them. And, when the ball is kicked off of the pitch, it passes smoothly through the surrounding fences, right through the stands, and disappears from view only to return to the field in the same fashion, appearing magically from the stands and passing through the fences (and goals) on its way back into play.

Then there's the sound, or lack thereof. There is no soundtrack that plays while you work in the game's menus, which you'll spend the vast majority of your time in this game doing. There is no audio narration to accompany your participation in press conferences, even though your options for how to respond to each question is incredibly limited. There is no audio commentary to accompany the action in the simulated game's you watch/coach. In fact, the only sound we found in the entire game was the tones of fans cheering as each simulated game played out – which only detracts from the game's feel of authenticity seeing as there are no fans rendered in the stands.
Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 deserves a bicycle kick into the circular file.

As far as traditional gameplay goes, there really isn't any in Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009. Apart from managing your roster and coaching your team, there really isn't anything to do at all. So, unless you really enjoy clicking on menu buttons, you'll find your interaction with this game extremely disappointing.

However, if you're a big footie fan and big fan of sports simulation, you'll be extremely impressed with the depth of Worldwide Soccer Manager, which allows you to control just about every facet of your team and draw from a player pool that is simply mindboggling.

Closing Comments

This game obviously aims to provide the deepest soccer simulation experience possible for the sport’s most passionate and informed fans, but it offers little to nothing that would appeal to a casual fan of the sport or to the average videogame enthusiast. The menus are complex and difficult to navigate, graphics are terrible, the sound is non-existent and there is no traditional gameplay to speak of. I couldn’t imagine why anybody would prefer Worldwide Soccer Manager to FIFA 09 or Pro Evolution Soccer 2009.

Ratings
4.0 Presentation

Although the menus are extremely involved and tough for beginners to navigate, the game’s depth is amazing.
2.0 Graphics

While I appreciate that the introduction of 3D in-game graphics is a step forward for the franchise, those graphics are simply terrible.
0.5 Sound

The only sound you’ll find in this game is the roar of the non-existent crowd… Absolutely worthless.
4.0 Gameplay

Yes, the depth of management in this game is impressive. But, it’s not impressive enough to make up for the fact that you aren’t actually playing soccer.
2.0 Lasting Appeal

This game is aimed at a very specific audience, and it’s inconceivable to me that anybody outside of that audience could play even an hour of this game before turning it off for good.

Terrible OVERALL

(out of 10 / not an average)

IGN.

Wilbur

Banned
Eurogamer getting rid of review scores is a good thing

Especially 10 and 100 scale review scores. Their new system is much better.

I'd have:

- Play It Now
- Play It Later
- Don't Play It

Zabojnik

I don't even care how "good" The Order's gameplay is going to be. From the videos I can already tell it's basically a Gears clone, a genre I honestly couldn't care less for. In for the graphics, the world and the story. Sorry, gameplay is king nerds.

Facism

Eurogamer getting rid of review scores is a good thing

Especially 10 and 100 scale review scores. Their new system is much better.

I'd have:

- Play It Now
- Play It Later
- Don't Play It

- Scores are back because pubs threatened to stop sending £500 review kits/free swag/blacklisted us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom