• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Happens far too often in our team. Never playing the ball forward through the middle it's always back then wide.

At the risk of pulling a Galliani....he looked offside so why pass it to him? I know it's hard for one-legged players to time their runs but still

Happens far too often in our team. Never playing the ball forward through the middle it's always back then wide.

Like I said it seems scripted, is he over drilling the players in training on how the philosophy works? The players don't pass then move into space to receive the ball back, at one point I saw Herrera pass out wide and I think it was McNair told him to get back and cover the position McNair left. Herrera covering at RB... I don't get it.

And what the fuck was Rooney doing all the way back in a back 3 it's just fucking laughable. Either get him upfront or drop him out of the team cause his position is being wasted.

That bolded bit is exactly how Van Gaal wants his teams to play and the number one quality he wants in his players. Total Voetbal, innit.

As for Rooney - the fact he was so deep yesterday was not planned or ideal, Van Gaal said so himself after the game, that it was bad for the team and bad for Rooney himself. I mean he shouldn't be playing in his midfield role at all - but he was forced back there by necessity yesterday. The only alternative would have been to put Fellaini on at DM in place of Blind rather than Herrera.

Getting Zouma for £12m is looking more and more like a bargain. I have been very impressed with his performances in recent games. I was also really impressed by Stones last night. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a big money move in the summer.

Aye, Zouma has come along quite a bit in the last couple of months. Makes some mistakes still but his pace saves him a lot.

At the risk of pulling a Galliani....he looked offside so why pass it to him? I know it's hard for one-legged players to time their runs but still
He would only be onside in Serie A. And only if his manager had groused about decisions after the previous week's match.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bought a PS2 for Shadow of Memories (not sure if it was one of best games I have ever played or just pure nostalgia...I remember having way too much fun with it and the concept is fucking brilliant)
Game Cube for Wind Waker (first and last Nintendo console)
Dreamcast for Jet Set Radio and Shenmue (my favorite console)
Bought a PS3 for and when MGS4 released
Bought an Xbox 360 for Ninja Gaiden's backward compatibility (never owned an Xbox even though I wanted one for JSRF but couldn't afford it)
Bought a PS4 a month early for Bloodborne and The Evil Within

Tc91

That bolded bit is exactly how Van Gaal wants his teams to play and the number one quality he wants in his players. Total Voetbal, innit.

As for Rooney - the fact he was so deep yesterday was not planned or ideal, Van Gaal said so himself after the game, that it was bad for the team and bad for Rooney himself. I mean he shouldn't be playing in his midfield role at all - but he was forced back there by necessity yesterday. The only alternative would have been to put Fellaini on at DM in place of Blind rather than Herrera.

Fuck Total Voetbal, I want to see Herrera playing 1-2's linking up attacking play with ADM, Januzaj, Rooney etc not covering McNair at RB cause he's leading an attack.

Yeah I get he had to cover there for Blind but please LVG get him upfront vs Preston. 2nd half was good yesterday, 2 wide players 1 upfront (Wilson) even RVP looked decent when he was a little deeper instead of on the shoulder of the defender. Sort of like a 4-2-3-1.

Getting Zouma for £12m is looking more and more like a bargain. I have been very impressed with his performances in recent games. I was also really impressed by Stones last night. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a big money move in the summer.

There was a highlight on MOTD of Zouma getting back and putting in a excellent tackle, was it against Lukaku? Very pacey.

Facism

Bought a PS2 for Shadow of Memories (not sure if it was one of best games I have ever played or just pure nostalgia...I remember having way too much fun with it and the concept is fucking brilliant)
Game Cube for Wind Waker (first and last Nintendo console)
Dreamcast for Jet Set Radio and Shenmue (my favorite console)
Bought a PS3 for and when MGS4 released
Bought an Xbox 360 for Ninja Gaiden's backward compatibility (never owned an Xbox even though I wanted one for JSRF but couldn't afford it)
Bought a PS4 a month early for Bloodborne and The Evil Within

I bought a ps4 for the evil within and bloodborne.

Do we have the same mum

Tc91

“I have to look for the better balance and I think until now because of Rooney we have a better balance in midfield and I was very pleased how he replaced Daley Blind in the No.6 position.

“He showed composure and of course he was also today the Rooney that I want to see, but he has showed that he can play in every position.

“Maybe he can better play in a striker’s position, but then I have a problem in midfield"

:lol just pack your bags and go back to Spain Ander.

Chelsea FC ‏@ChelseaFC 2m2 minutes ago
Eden Hazard has today signed a new five-and-a-half-year contract with Chelsea...http://che.lc/R0keXI #HazardCFC

OgCCciF.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji2d0GvkDs0

uploaded a couple of days ago, typical shitty Italian quality
Christ he's fast! And there's something majestic about the way he falls on his ass and then gets up immediately <3
He would only be onside in Serie A. And only if his manager had groused about decisions after the previous week's match.
AHAHAHAHA ain't that the truth. And it works every single damn time
I bought a ps4 for the evil within and bloodborne.

Do we have the same mum
I wouldn't rule it out <3

Christ he's fast! And there's something majestic about the way he falls on his ass and then gets up immediately <3

AHAHAHAHA ain't that the truth. And it works every single damn time

I wouldn't rule it out <3

I really like the slide on Florenzi, showed great speed and anticipation. Plus he seems a beast in the air.

Van Gaal also said Herrera played well

Maybe he will be first teamer again

Van Gaal also said Herrera played well

Maybe he will be first teamer again

Yeah...but wouldn't hold out much hope. I dunno, at this point various different players have been involved and really nobody has impressed. It's not like Herrera has been outstanding when he has played.

The main issue is a lack of shape and structure in the team. Problem is that the defenders can't do anything with the ball which means under the slightest of pressure our build up play is disrupted and this Falcao + RVP combo is ded. Makes it hard for the midfield to function when everything around them is so wayward.

Zabojnik

Curious to see that Verde lad in action again. 18yo, looked great for Roma.

Man, PES last night with Zabo was so fucking fun (and hilarious).

Can't wait to play again m8

Zabo I can't believe you lost to Dean

Tonight 00h30 CET. You and me, Wilbur. Sul campo.

Zabo is a punk, I beat him with Sassuolo and he blames it on lag. Then refuses to play me again.

I choose my opponents well. Why do you think I refuse to play with Bla again after our last duel? :blaface:

Wilbur

Banned
Curious to see that Verde lad in action again. 18yo, looked great for Roma.

Tonight 00h30 CET. You and me, Wilbur. Sul campo.

I choose my opponents well. Why do you think I refuse to play with Bla again after our last duel? :blaface:

what time is that in the real world

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The main issue is a lack of shape and structure in the team

it's utterly shocking, like, go watch a random LVG United video and pause at any random minute and then try drawing a line connecting your players

it'll most likely be a zigzag, of midfielders and defenders mixed with each other.

as you said before, maybe the players are still confused over this whole 'replace each other' when one of them steps up the field

Wilbur

Banned
it's utterly shocking, like, go watch a random LVG United video and pause at any random minute and then try drawing a line connecting your players

it'll most likely be a zigzag, of midfielders and defenders mixed with each other.

as you said before, maybe the players are still confused over this whole 'replace each other' when one of them steps up the field

MOTD played a little video from the second half last night where everyone was keeping shape, good space in between every player, keeping their lines.

It can be done, sometimes. I just think a lot of our players are too stupid to do it all the time. Evans, man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom