• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

If you think you had a bad day

B9plTUkCEAIcXn9.jpg:large

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Well I am assuming it is a fake, for starters it has the scudetto on the shirt. Plus, I am pretty sure contractually they wouldn't be able to release images of it until the end of the season with Nike.

You two might like it, but I hate it. Never mess with the stripes. Inter, Barca, and ACM all look shite.

of course it's fake, his source was that United wanker Sports_Witness. That Vidal wound still burns

besides, Adidas is bringing the stars back

Blablurn

Dante: "No-one thinks about whether it could break my career or the pressure it has put on me, I am very, very, very, very disappointed."

What a crybaby
JzKGOjM.png

Jack cw

Dante: "No-one thinks about whether it could break my career or the pressure it has put on me, I am very, very, very, very disappointed."

What a crybaby
JzKGOjM.png

It's understandable though. Boateng, Benatia, Badstuber and Martinez are all in front of him, so he either tries to compete with them or leaves to Inter.
Or Arsenal.

Elchele

Imagine if Argentina had won the WC. People would still be celebrating here

I'm kind of glad they didn't, surely the looting would have been massive

It's understandable though. Boateng, Benatia, Badstuber and Martinez are all in front of him, so he either tries to compete with them or leaves to Inter.
Or Arsenal.

He can join Podolski in one of the top 10 clubs in the world
I don't care anymore

I'm getting my body ready for the next era already. Wonder who will take over

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Or Arsenal.

how's Benatia so far?

Inter want to get rid of Podolski btw

Blablurn

Not sure if you know this elsk but the one german player who still talks about the World Cup is Kramer from Gladbach. That cunt is unbearable haha

Jack cw

Imagine if Argentina had won the WC. People would still be celebrating here

I'm kind of glad they didn't, surely the looting would have been massive

He can join Podolski in one of the top 10 clubs in the world

I still can't believe how Holland lost to them in the semis. Robben would have killed us.

sohois

I feel like the PL top scorers chart was something people paid a lot more attention to a few years ago.

4 Englishmen in the top 10. Woy will still pick Rooney.

Kind of surprised RVP is at 10. Cisse too. Earlier this season Sohis mentioned that there are only 3/4 strikers in PL history who have got 15 goals aged 30+. RVP might do it, playing shit. Costa has just done it comfortably.

RVP's goal return is really quite impressive, given his age and also the fact that all of United Gaf go on and on about how terrible his performances are.

I did wonder if it was pens that was driving up his tally, but it seems that yesterdays penalty was the only one he has taken this season.

His tally is still just about better than 1 in 2.5 games, which means it will be very tight for him to pass 15 with the remaining fixtures. It will be a good haul regardless, even if his performances haven't matched it.

Jack cw

how's Benatia so far?

Incredible so far. I think he has won the most tackles in Bundesliga and if he isn't injured he always plays together with Boateng and Alaba which is a magnificent backline. I think Benatia hasn't even lost a header to anyone so far. And he scored his first goal for Bayern after a corner... The only goal out of 150 corners :D
Edit: Robben scored another one after a corner against Schlacke last week. Still, we are pretty poor at setpieces.

Scum

I feel like the PL top scorers chart was something people paid a lot more attention to a few years ago.

4 Englishmen in the top 10. Woy will still pick Rooney.

Kind of surprised RVP is at 10. Cisse too. Earlier this season Sohis mentioned that there are only 3/4 strikers in PL history who have got 15 goals aged 30+. RVP might do it, playing shit. Costa has just done it comfortably.

Imagine if Woy tests Rppney resolve by not picking him. Imagine.
iZ3GVkzpVf18t.png

Jack cw

I'm still talking about the great WC win of 06.

I feel like I deserve a world cup winners medal.

You deserved the WC but it's still amazing that the first thing many remember about 2006 isn't italy winning but Zidane headbutting. Probably the most legendary moment in the last decade.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
the Germans need to talk a bit more about the WC actually :lol just to tease terrible nations like Argentina and England

Incredible so far. I think he has won the most tackles in Bundesliga and if he isn't injured he always plays together with Boateng and Alaba which is a magnificent backline. I think Benatia hasn't even lost a header to anyone so far. And he scored his first goal for Bayern after a corner... The only goal out of 150 corners :D
Edit: Robben scored another one after a corner against Schlacke last week. Still, we are pretty poor at setpieces.

Hey that's good then! Glad to see he's doing well, and away from Roma.

Tc91

Manchester United has said that its revenue fell by 12.2% to £194.4m for the six months to the end of December.

The Old Trafford club lost out on payments from Nike for failing to qualify for the Uefa Champions League.

Sharp falls in broadcast and match-day revenues meant profits for the six-month period were down 52%, at £8.9m.

The club said the decline was offset by a 23% increase in sponsorship revenues to £35.8m.

Talk to me Viva.

Jarnet87

I dont care how many goals old man persie has, the guy can barely jog out there after 35 minutes. its like playing with 10 men at times, and we have enough trouble as is with all 11 out there.

Yeah...but wouldn't hold out much hope. I dunno, at this point various different players have been involved and really nobody has impressed. It's not like Herrera has been outstanding when he has played.

The main issue is a lack of shape and structure in the team. Problem is that the defenders can't do anything with the ball which means under the slightest of pressure our build up play is disrupted and this Falcao + RVP combo is ded. Makes it hard for the midfield to function when everything around them is so wayward.

I think what I see with Herrera is he is always looking for the "give and go". He looks at making himself available as much as possible.

Oersted

You can say I am making this up, that I am delusional. That gamers had never been mistreated despite talks in this very thread that used the "N" word un-ironically. Well you can say any number of things, but you can't change feelings. Feeling are hurt here, and it isn't going to get any better by villafication of male gamers.

Nerd is now the n-word.

What a time to be alive

Rikkun

B9pUODqIIAAj5rm.jpg

apparently this was voted sports picture of the year.

Another award for Messi that Ronaldo will never get a chance to emulate.

That's too sad for me.

Yeah and I would sacrifice 7 virgins to see Copenhagen win champions league. But that isn't going to make it happen is it.
Please don't kill your kids, keep on sapportin Ciolsi.

omg

Adidas, pls, no, have mercy
That's UGLY. PLEASE NO. JESUS.

I have a bed again
qBsuB5s.png

Well.
Too bed.

It's a pun.

Icardi 40 mil? That gotta be bullshit, but please be true.
I'd say the price is right.
of course it's fake, his source was that United wanker Sports_Witness. That Vidal wound still burns

besides, Adidas is bringing the stars back
Stars please, yes do.

So I am the only one who rates Icardi?

Shanks pls
He's good, but I hate him.

I'm still talking about the great WC win of 06.

I feel like I deserve a world cup winners medal.
Of course you do, that was LEGENDARY.
The whole world mocking us for calciopoli and yet we won so hard.
Against France nonetheless. Can you imagine being of footygaf in 2006, I'd be banned so hard.

Kinda sad :/

Like you get to win it every year.
The first to get to Brasil wins Bla, let's go.

Talk to me Viva.

Nothing much to see really. The club announced last year that they expect revenue to fall about £30m this year due to no European football. This is in line with that. Just another reminder of how shit last season was.

Don't worry, we're spending big this summer.

sohois

I dont care how many goals old man persie has, the guy can barely jog out there after 35 minutes. its like playing with 10 men at times, and we have enough trouble as is with all 11 out there.

Well, this was basically the point I was trying to make way back, that strikers of Van Persie's age drop off sharp and just aren't good enough to be starting for top clubs anymore. Now as mentioned RVP may well surpass the arbitrary boundary of 15 goals but I think the point still ended up being fairly valid.

-

On the subject of stuff I said in the past, I noted a fair few posts last night on the subject of Pelle's hefty drop off in form.

I can't say I'm much surprised.

That being said, one shouldn't be too quick to assume he was just a half season wonder either. People have difficulty judging randomness, assuming that someone with goals spread equally throughout the season is a random distribution whereas goals that come in tight bursts obviously has some external explanation. But of course, both are equally random. There is no reason to assume that Pelle won't suddenly go on another goalscoring burst to improve his record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom