• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Parker is just a name, sure the comic character is a white guy, but Spiderman could be anyone under the mask. I doubt anyone (except insane Marvel fanboys) would really care if the next Spidey were black
JzKGOjM.png

Same with Bond.

I really have no problem with fictional characters being any race except if it is specifically written into the source material due to context.

As far as I know, PP is just a kid from New York. There are plenty of black and Asian kids in NY so there is no problem.

Esch

Banned
Well I know very little about comics, but I know that isn't the case innit

There is a black/hispanic Spiderman whose race is more relevant to the character.

I don't see any reason why a black actor couldn't play spiderman, but it should be based off the strength of audition and suitability for the role instead of resorting to token casting to garner some publicity.

I'm just having a wum m8, though I do find the objection to shifting the ethnicity of an established character somewhat....suspect
9vU7w8t.png
. It's just one aspect of a character lol. Peter Parker is just a neckbeard from New York city.

Anyway, I agree that I'd rather have unique minority characters developed for media but I've heard that they don't sell. For various reasons...

pulga

Banned
Imagine a Spiderman from Argentina.
Flying above the roof until he's above a mall, he breaks into it and steals all the mangos with his net, escapes through the roof where he lifts his mask "mission accomplished".

icanticanticanticant

Reported.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
im a latino kid and never have i though "man ill never be a super hero because in the movies theyre all white"
and fuck miles morales for now, we need a good peter parker that makes jokes and is overconfident, but this time in a good movie

Fintan

He's already been established...5 times :lol

Time for a new Spidey to lead into the MCU.
Miles' whole thing is that he follows on after Peter Parker dies, lives up to his legacy etc. Uses a lot of Peter's supporting cast too. I also don't think he really has a back catalogue of stories to draw on, there's probably less than 100 issues featuring him.

I wouldn't mind Peter being black, but maybe that would diminish Miles if they eventually do decide to use him?

To me it would be like having (possible future MCU Captain America Spoilers/Comic Spoilers)
Bucky become Captain America without first having had Steve as Captain America.

pulga

Banned
im a latino kid and never have i though "man ill never be a super hero because in the movies theyre all white"
and fuck miles morales for now, we need a good peter parker that makes jokes and is overconfident, but this time in a good movie

innit :lol

Never once in my life have I lamented the lack of latino superheroes
cause we're all thieves anyway :moonface

scabro

Peter Parker is just a name, sure the comic character is a white guy, but Spiderman could be anyone under the mask. I doubt anyone (except insane Marvel fanboys) would really care if the next Spidey were black
JzKGOjM.png

are you that naive?

Parker being turned black would cause a fucking shit storm. It would be glorious. Like any other time a ton of people out themselves as racists after some media/movie thing happens. Like American Sniper.

pulga

Banned
are you that naive?

Parker being turned black would cause a fucking shit storm. It would be glorious. Like any other time a ton of people out themselves as racists after some media/movie thing happens. Like American Sniper.

Hell, the internet threw a fit over a scrub like Johnny Storm.

A black Peter Parker would break the intertubes.

Rangers v Hibs tonight in the gloriousness that is the Scottish Championship, so there's basically free cash money on offer for those of you that like a flutter.

Not in the MCU he hasn't been!

And this cunt face is the new Spidey that'll be leading the MCU and you'll love it

dylan-obrien-birthday-august-26-2013-gifs-midnightrider1.gif

Is Peter Parker in Civil War?

And I've never seen that guy in anything, lol.

Miles' whole thing is that he follows on after Peter Parker dies, lives up to his legacy etc. Uses a lot of Peter's supporting cast too. I also don't think he really has a back catalogue of stories to draw on, there's probably less than 100 issues featuring him.

I wouldn't mind Peter being black, but maybe that would diminish Miles if they eventually do decide to use him?

To me it would be like having (possible future MCU Captain America Spoilers/Comic Spoilers)
Bucky become Captain America without first having had Steve as Captain America.

Well, yeah, Peter is the original/iconic version of the character, but at this point in time we've seen 5 films with Peter and I'm just thinking it might be cool to have a new Spidey with a different name than most people are used to seeing in the comics.

But then I suppose Batman and Superman have always had the same alter-egos (right?)

On that note, I'm a week cigaratte free, footygaf! Someone pls hug me.
Congratulations. It'll only get easier from here, especially if you've already went out drinking with friends without taking any drags.

Have you used any aids like gum yet, or are you entirely nicotine-less at this point?

pulga

Banned

Well, yeah, Peter is the original/iconic version of the character, but at this point in time we've seen 5 films with Peter and I'm just thinking it might be cool to have a new Spidey with a different name than most people are used to seeing in the comics.

But then I suppose Batman and Superman have always had the same alter-egos (right?)

I've never seen that guy in anything either, but I've done proper Manchester United scouting and scoped out some of his youtube vids. He's a legit Parker candidate.

And several people have used the Batman mantle, most famously Dick Grayson and Terry McGuiness (Batman Beyond). I'd still throw a fit because they aren't Bruce Wayne. I want my comic characters as close to the iconic material god-fucking-dammit.

Congratulations. It'll only get easier from here, especially if you've already went out drinking with friends without taking any drags.

Have you used any aids like gum yet, or are you entirely nicotine-less at this point?

Cold turkey, nada at all. Thanks!

Fintan

Yeah, but since they're going for this shared universe thing, they can't really take the continuity from the previous 5 Spider-Man movies. So within their world, I guess they're thinking they haven't had Peter. Which would make it weird to jump to Miles, I suppose.

I'm not super familiar with Superman, but there have been plenty of alternative versions of him.

And Dick Grayson (original Robin), for example, has taken over for Bruce as Batman before in the comics.

jtb

Banned
Tobey was the GOAT Peter Parker. no one will ever top him. if they're gonna reboot again, make him black or don't do it at all

pulga

Banned
Anyone clamoring for Miles Morales can fuck off once this happens

u4YmP9il.jpg

Tobey was the GOAT Peter Parker. no one will ever top him. if they're gonna reboot again, make him black or don't do it at all

why black eh? why can't he be latino or asian eh

Yeah, but since they're going for this shared universe thing, they can't really take the continuity from the previous 5 Spider-Man movies. So within their world, I guess they're thinking they haven't had Peter. Which would make it weird to jump to Miles, I suppose.

I'm not super familiar with Superman, but there have been plenty of alternative versions of him.

And Dick Grayson (original Robin), for example, has taken over for Bruce as Batman before in the comics.
Ok, I can see what Marvel is thinking. Good point. Forgot that they don't have to use the previous continuity anymore :lol

I'd love to see JK Simmons back tho. Perfect JJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom