• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
weird, we throw around the word 'cunt' around in here like confetti

We use it endearingly though,
cunt
3N1H0Fc.png

GQman2121

Banned
Watching this Gamer Gate episode of Law & Order right now and it's absurd in how comical it all is. They've turned these nerds into the villain of Die Hard 4.

Don't worry baby you're already the GOAT serie a fan
This is a glorious moment for me. Napoli has finally arrived. All of the Juventini can fuck off!

Have you by any chance come across Michael Frayn? I was not interested in Philosophy until I read his stuff and now I am actually hunting for material.

Well, I am not much of a reader anymore, but I did like how short, concise and humourous his views were.
I hadn't heard of him (that I can recall) until you mentioned him. Sorry.

Pulga, please.

I can do different things at different times. Sometimes I score all the penaldos; sometimes I saunter off the pitch with my red card, brushing my badge.

inky

I've never called anyone a cunt.

Except Costa. He is such a cunt.

myyqQEs.png

Look at that cunt face and tell me he ain't a cunt.

faridmon

I hadn't heard of him (that I can recall) until you mentioned him. Sorry.

I was taking a chance. He is primarily a novelist but who graduated as philosopher so he have like 2 books on the subject, but both of them are quite riveting and simple enough for a person like me to enjoy.

I would really reccomend Human touch if you have some spare time.

On the Subject, I really like this Gif:

2j21p.gif

GQman2121

Banned
I've never called anyone a cunt.

Except Costa. He is such a cunt.

myyqQEs.png

Look at that cunt face and tell me he ain't a cunt.

He's the type of cunt that you love at your club though.

I think that's also why Mou continues to play Ivanovic. You need these take no shit type of players in your lineup sometimes even when they can't cross worth a damn or have huge lapses in defense.

Pennywise

Imagine you've got a team.

Period.
qBsuB5s.png

Our most important player just extended his contract.

The other guy who went south is sitting on a bench, fighting with heavyfights like this
J5lRsVz.png

Götze must feel like Navas, who is also on the bench while someone like Casillas is playing.
It's all about the philosophy.

pulga

Banned
You know which other GAFcrusade I'm fed up with?

The "make Spider-Man black" campaign

Fuck off, Peter Parker is my goddamn Spider-Man and anyone else showing up next to Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Cap. would be absolutely anti-climatic after a lifetime of waiting.

Just one big MEH.
JzKGOjM.png

I was taking a chance. He is primarily a novelist but who graduated as philosopher so he have like 2 books on the subject, but both of them are quite riveting and simple enough for a person like me to enjoy.

I would really reccomend Human touch if you have some spare time.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll need a palate cleanser after my current (re)read. Kant - now that's a cunt who knew how to write an opaque sentence.

Esch

Banned

Fuck off, Peter Parker is my goddamn Spider-Man and anyone else showing up next to Thor, Iron Man, Hulk and Cap. would be absolutely anti-climatic after a lifetime of waiting.

Just one big MEH.
JzKGOjM.png
is there something that prevents an iteration of Peter Parker from being black?

Just one big MEH.
JzKGOjM.png

What if they made Peter Parker black tho?

Scum

Scum!

Let me know if Majora's Mask 3DS is any good m8. I dunno whether to wait till my birthday next month or wait till after work tomorrow and get it then
D5Jy4CR.png

#firstworldproblems

Free, pls. You already know my answer. Get it whenever you want. Just get it. Even better, let that lazy cunt Wilbury buy it for you as a birthday present.
ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

Peter Parker is just a name, sure the comic character is a white guy, but Spiderman could be anyone under the mask. I doubt anyone (except insane Marvel fanboys) would really care if the next Spidey were black
JzKGOjM.png

Wilbur

Banned
Peter Parker shouldn't be black for the sake of being black. It's not as if his race is relevant to his character, but changing it for the sake of it is just pointless.

If they audition a bunch of actors and Idris Elba is the best, they should hire him. If Michael Fassbender is the best, they should hire him. Should always be on that basis if you're playing a character like PP whose race isn't relevant.

Esch

Banned
Incredible.

There's probably a marvel alternate universe series of Peter Parker where he's a hybrid between a dung beetle and a microwave but him being black is a kicker.

Absolutely sensational

Pennywise

Peter Parker is just a name, sure the comic character is a white guy, but Spiderman could be anyone under the mask. I doubt anyone (except insane Marvel fanboys) would really care if the next Spidey were black
JzKGOjM.png

Just fuck Spiderman alltogether, there are so many great modern comics out there and what are they doing ?
Digging out the oldest fucking comic heroes.

Salazar

Peter Parker shouldn't be black for the sake of being black. It's not as if his race is relevant to his character, but changing it for the sake of it is just pointless.

If they audition a bunch of actors and Idris Elba is the best, they should hire him. If Michael Fassbender is the best, they should hire him. Should always be on that basis if you're playing a character like PP whose race isn't relevant.

Both of those actors are too cool to be Spiderman

pulga

Banned

That's the thing, some posters just want him to be black for the sake of being black. See this post:

Maybe, but at least a black or latino kid can walk out of the theater and think he can be Spider-Man. Same with a little Muslim girl thinking she can be a superhero with shapechanging abilities.

Ugh. I'm a latino kid and I don't want my Peter Parker to be fuckin' Mexican.
9vU7w8t.png

Wilbur

Banned
Incredible.

There's probably a marvel alternate universe series of Peter Parker where he's a hybrid between a dung beetle and a microwave but him being black is a kicker.

Absolutely sensational

Well I know very little about comics, but I know that isn't the case innit

There is a black/hispanic Spiderman whose race is more relevant to the character.

I don't see any reason why a black actor couldn't play spiderman, but it should be based off the strength of audition and suitability for the role instead of resorting to token casting to garner some publicity.

Just fuck Spiderman alltogether, there are so many great modern comics out there and what are they doing ?
Digging out the oldest fucking comic heroes.

pls, I'm longing to see Spidey teaming up with the Avengers on the big screen. Shit gonna be epic yo
4TfeeGW.png
And tbf, they're still popular superheroes.

The modern comics nowadays would probably be better suited to a miniseries or TV show.

wedward

That's the thing, some posters just want him to be black for the sake of being black. See this post:

Ugh. I'm a latino kid and I don't want my Peter Parker to be fuckin' Mexican.
9vU7w8t.png

If they make him black the muslim girl wont think she can be a super hero.

If they make him muslim the black kid wont think he can be a super hero.

What is wrong with these people? Do they just walk among us unnoticed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom