• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
Milchmonster I wouldn't let your Nintendo ID out in the wild on Neogaf.

Due to the popularity of this website and the small RAM on the 3DS, the amount of requests you will get will eventually break space and time thus turning your console into an effective black hole that will suck this universe into the ether and worst of all is that Nintendo's warranty doesn't cover for that
IO0pqxZ.png

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ACH, it's just bad luck! I don't actually know if the tumour is cancerous, it might be benign as even a biopsy had a 65% chance of leaving me permanently on a respirator or being fatal. Makes no odds though, they can't remove it. Sucks, but there are kids out there who barely got a chance to live. I'm 35, so I've had a decent innings and who knows I might still have a few years in me?
I don't know what to say in these situations, but I hope it isn't cancerous! Either way you must be enjoying everything in your life tenfolds now! You seem like a lovely positive chap. I'd take being loved and happy for a period of my life over wasting away for years alone and paying for pros at 70

you're in your 30s and you have a girlfriend so you're already better and getting more outta life than most people

My family has a history of heart faliures at a young age and knowing how much God hates me I know it's coming :lol

I...will leave talking to smarter people :lol

OriginalThinking, damn that's a fucking incredible attitude. All the best to you, man.

Thanks Wilbur.

I don't know what to say in these situations, but I hope it isn't cancerous! Either way you must be enjoying everything in your life tenfolds now! You seem like a lovely positive chap. I'd take being loved and happy for a period of my life over wasting away for years alone and paying for pros at 70

you're in your 30s and you have a girlfriend so you're already better and getting more outta life than most people

I...will leave talking to smarter people :lol

Thanks man! Things were going pretty well until the diagnosis. I ain't going to get all philosophical on you, but there's a quote from one of my favorite movies (probably a clichéd choice, but it is a classic) the Shawshank Redemption. "Guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living or get busy dying". And that's my philosophy. Life's too short to waste it feeling sorry for yourself.

Yen

"From my point of view, it doesn't matter where I play," Can states. "The main thing is to be on the pitch where I can help the team.

"If I can help the team by playing in midfield, then I will play in midfield. If I am needed at the back, I will play in defence.

"I'm fitter now and it means I can perform. Luckily, the manager is playing me and I am gaining in confidence the more I play. Now I am looking to produce consistency in my game and good performances."

"I am only 21 but I am the type of player that talks on the pitch," says Can. "That's the way I am and I have always been like that.

"I can't see myself changing; I think it's just my way that pushes me into taking on a leadership role on the pitch."
[...]
"What are they saying about my hair? They want to know what I use? I use a wax," Can reveals.

"Recently I thought about growing my hair long, but it didn't look so good and so I got it cut again.

"I have a full head of hair and my dad had the same. In fact, he's still got all of his hair.

"My hair is very thick. I use wax and I put more of it on for games - but for the look of it, whether it's pushed to the side, centre or back, I just do it as I feel."
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/179976-emre-on-positions-fans-form-and-hair

Yesterday I saw 50 shades whatever.
Just wanted to say that I tought about you guys after one line that was something like
"I don't make love. I fuck. Hard."

I thought "u wot m8"

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/13-powerfully-erotic-lines-from-50-shades-of-grey#.gu0ZYVLNo

Wilbur

Banned
football thread exclusive media of Mr Cola entering a Budgens to buy fruit

OSWI2lr.jpg

Fucking hell :lol :lol i dont know why this made me laugh so much

There's a guy who works in teddington budgens and he really looks like an indian Joey from friends

scabro

Cheers! Now I'll stop derailing this thread with my woes. I'll be happy as long as Madrid or Chelsea don't win the champions league this season. And Madrid the league. If either do, there is no god, confirmed.

if it helps any

remember you'll probably see barca win the champions league at least a few more times in your life before any of us see arsenal win it once

Ag41zEb.png

if it helps any

remember you'll probably see barca win the champions league at least a few more times in your life before any of us see arsenal win it once

Ag41zEb.png

True! I have a soft spot for Arsenal though. If it wasn't for the oligarchs at Chelsea and Man City I reckon the EPL would have had a very different history these last 10 years or so.

Milchmonster I wouldn't let your Nintendo ID out in the wild on Neogaf.

Due to the popularity of this website and the small RAM on the 3DS, the amount of requests you will get will eventually break space and time thus turning your console into an effective black hole that will suck this universe into the ether and worst of all is that Nintendo's warranty doesn't cover for that
IO0pqxZ.png

I don't think you know that Nintendo thinks it's still 2001. I seem to need to register the other person's friend code as well.

Not a Gala fan. It's a fan of Goztepe, from the city of Izmir. They've been in the 2nd division for years, as have their local rivals Karsiyaka, and I believe the Izmir derby holds the record for the highest attended lower league derby in world football with 80,000 fans.

Goddamn 11Freunde lying to me.

I don't think you know that Nintendo thinks it's still 2001. I seem to need to register the other person's friend code as well.

Goddamn 11Freunde lying to me.

Your lucky, at first I assumed it was your assumption that they were Gala fans ;)

As for Nintendo. I bought a WiiU last week. Hooked it up a few days ago. This has to be one of the most inane OSs in the history of gaming. I've read about the complaints about it, but you don't truly realise how shit tier it is until you've experienced this sluggish mess, and the firmware update took hours.

And as I speak my WiiU GamePad is blinking blue at me and the console's light switched from red to orange...and now it's red again. The fuck is going on?

On the bright side of things it's still kind of fun to experience this kind of archaic design in 2015...feels nostalgic.

Facism

I've dated just about every creed of woman except white women, which is weird because I find white women attractive, circumstances and timing.

As for trans... well up until that thread, it never crossed my mind what with the 3 billion other cis women in the world...
Wj5WlpD.png

I don't know why people always massage the situation so it has to end with a sexual tone. Why can't people just be good meights? Going into that thread makes it seem like that if you don't want a sexual relationship with someone your an -ist.

Not to bring the thread down or anything, but I've got an inoperable brain tumour, so the chances of me making that age are erm unlikely. And I have a girlfriend, so the chances of me paying for sex between now and the end game are highly unlikely!

Sorry to hear that mayne. I'm shit at being emphatic over the internet. e-hugz.

jts

...hate me...
Your lucky, at first I assumed it was your assumption that they were Gala fans ;)

As for Nintendo. I bought a WiiU last week. Hooked it up a few days ago. This has to be one of the most inane OSs in the history of gaming. I've read about the complaints about it, but you don't truly realise how shit tier it is until you've experienced this sluggish mess, and the firmware update took hours.

And as I speak my WiiU GamePad is blinking blue at me and the console's light switched from red to orange...and now it's red again. The fuck is going on?

On the bright side of things it's still kind of fun to experience this kind of archaic design in 2015...feels nostalgic.

The orange light was the Wii U checking stuff online and updating while in standby.

The blue light on the Gamepad was some ad pushed to your Gamepad probably. Would have to press the button to check it.

On the other hand to Wii U's boring OS, the quick start menu thing on the Gamepad is phenomenal.

The orange light was the Wii U checking stuff online and updating while in standby.

The blue light on the Gamepad was some ad pushed to your Gamepad probably. Would have to press the button to check it.

On the other hand to Wii U's boring OS, the quick start menu thing on the Gamepad is phenomenal.

Does the QuickStart thing allow me to jump directly back into games I was playing? Like the feature that we're all waiting the PS4 to have?

Can I turn all these notifications and update checking off? I'd rather it didn't constantly do that, or is the power usage low enough that it doesn't matter?

jts

...hate me...
Does the QuickStart thing allow me to jump directly back into games I was playing? Like the feature that we're all waiting the PS4 to have?

Can I turn all these notifications and update checking off? I'd rather it didn't constantly do that, or is the power usage low enough that it doesn't matter?

It allows you to jump into any of the last (some 10 or so) items opened on the Wii U (and you can even disable some, like the settings etc), including the game you were just playing.

However, it boots that game. It doesn't resume from a quick savestave or something. Oh how I wish that feature, both on the Wii U and on the PS4.

Regarding disabling that stuff, yes you can, but I think the power usage is neglectable.

It allows you to jump into any of the last 10 items opened on the Wii U (and you can even disable some, like the settings etc), including the game you were just playing.

However, it boots that game. It doesn't resume from a quick savestave or something. Oh how I wish that feature, both on the Wii U and on the PS4.

Oh damn, yes that would be god tier. This QuickStart stuff sounds cool though. So if I select Mario 3D World it will wake the WiiU up and it will boot straight into it? That's a nice compromise.

Oh and my final question. There's no way trick to turn off the GamePad screen and still use the buttons right? I'll have to use my Wii Classic Controller Pro if I want to play without the screen distracting?

Unterwegs : Verzögert
Für Ihre Sendung wurde ein Zustellversuch unternommen. Bitte kontaktieren Sie Transportdienstleister für weitere Schritte. (Aktualisiert vor 0 Minute(n) )
Ursprünglicher Liefertermin: Freitag, 13. Februar 2015

nt5j5sS.png

jts

...hate me...
Oh damn, yes that would be god tier. This QuickStart stuff sounds cool though. So if I select Mario 3D World it will wake the WiiU up and it will boot straight into it? That's a nice compromise.

Oh and my final question. There's no way trick to turn off the GamePad screen and still use the buttons right? I'll have to use my Wii Classic Controller Pro if I want to play without the screen distracting?
(btw I addressed your question regarding disabling stuff in an edit to my previous post)

Yeah it lets you do just that. Especially good if you have stuff from the eShop, as a disc-based game will have to be inside the console to allow to be booted directly into.

And no, there's no trick for that. You can disable the screen but it turns on as soon as you press a button. It sucks, same as it sucks not being able to turn off the gamepad completely while you're playing with some other controller. Nintendo, smh.

Not to bring the thread down or anything, but I've got an inoperable brain tumour, so the chances of me making that age are erm unlikely. And I have a girlfriend, so the chances of me paying for sex between now and the end game are highly unlikely!
I originally wrote up a long response relating an anecdote of my own disquietingly intimate encounter with death, but the truth is that I don't know what this is like; my meditations on mortality aren't necessary or necessarily apt.

I'm glad that you've found in yourself the will to face the inevitable, and to do so with seeming tranquility. Enjoy your love and your lust - they're two of our finest feelings, when reciprocated.

Barzul

The Pep ‏@GuardiolaTweets 1h1 hour ago
Guardiola on £5bn Premier League TV deal "They can buy the best players in the World but you can't complain. Less Money, More Ideas" #Pep

SALT

Gaming journalism is alive. Holy fuck lol

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/02/13/peter-molyneux-interview-godus-reputation-kickstarter/

and the very first question of the interview is amazing as well hahaha
I appreciate what he was trying to achieve, but I also get the sense that he's a bit too infatuated with himself trying to achieve it.

That first question was a mistake. It immediately put Molyneux on the defensive.

I suspect John could've achieved better results if he approached the interview with a bit more empathy and humility. As it was, John came across as more of a needling nuisance than a true muckraker. And I say this as someone who (when I actually followed and cared about video games) thought Molyneux was a bombastic balloon.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I appreciate what he was trying to achieve, but I also get the sense that he's a bit too infatuated with himself trying to achieve it.

That first question was a mistake. It immediately put Molyneux on the defensive.

I suspect John could've achieved better results if he approached the interview with a bit more empathy and humility. As it was, John came across as more of a needling nuisance than a true muckraker. And I say this as someone who (when I actually followed and cared about video games) thought Molyneux was a bombastic balloon.

The problem is, the last 20 years of journalists being nice towards Molyneux, has resulted in nothing but bullshit from him. It was certainly harsh, and I think that was a nice change. He backed everything up with stone cold facts as far as I can tell, something most journalists don't want to as they're afraid they can't become the companies community manager in the future. Molyneux has shown to be a master at dancing around the press, this took no shit from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom