• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

We designed a shirt for Reus :(
hUe9Dyx.png

I'd be willing to swap Podolski for him.

Seemed to me like he did it, to set the tone of the whole thing. With that very first line right there Molyneux knows he can't bullshit his way around it and give the pr answers he has for the last 20 years. I don't think asking him if he says things that aren't true, without meaning to, is such a wild question to ask him of all people.
He could've achieved precisely the same thing without resorting to humiliating suggestions. Moreover, it also set the tone that John doesn't need answers from Molyneux, because the answers are assumed in the questions themselves.

Stop pretending "asking him if he says things that aren't true, without meaning to" is what John was doing. That's such a patently diluted conception of pathological lying as a term that it can only come from someone eager to mollify John's linguistic pugilism. If I frequently say the sky is blue when, unbeknownst to me, it is in fact quite grey, am I a pathological liar? Let's at least attempt to remain faithful to the terms themselves.

Obviously. I admit it. But he also did it to press him.

The tone is warranted. The pressing on him is warranted. That's what I think. He's not going to say: yes I am, but it's letting him know that it's not going to be the same kind of conversation where saying: "That's what happens when you make something that has never been done before, so forgive me for being so ambitious" is going to cut it as a response to "why have you not delivered on THIS, and THIS and THAT?". He had so many weak excuses when presented with facts.

It's telling him he's not getting away with that bullshit for this interview, and guess what, he didn't.
Press him to do what, say exactly what you expected him to say? I didn't see anything from Molyneux himself that was what I'd consider surprising.

John made statements rendered in the form of pseudo-questions, and Molyneux floundered around him. As an interview, it was a failure.

Edit: These are my last responses on the matter, because I don't want to take this thread off on this unnecessary tangent any more.

jesalr

Back from New York, the English accent works for fucking sure.

Off to Scotland tonight for a fashion show tomorrow. I just wanna sleep forever.

He could've achieved precisely the same thing without resorting to humiliating suggestions. Moreover, it also set the tone that John doesn't need answers from Molyneux, because the answers are assumed in the questions themselves.

Stop pretending "asking him if he says things that aren't true, without meaning to" is what John was doing. That's such a patently diluted conception of pathological lying as a term that it can only come from someone eager to mollify John's linguistic pugilism. If I frequently say the sky is blue when, unbeknownst to me, it is in fact quite grey, am I a pathological liar? Let's at least attempt to remain faithful to the terms themselves.

Press him to do what, say exactly what you expected him to say? I didn't see anything from Molyneux himself that was what I'd consider surprising.

John made statements rendered in the form of pseudo-questions, and Molyneux floundered around him. As an interview, it was a failure.

That was actually what he was doing though.

But either way, I am happy he did it. Molyneux absolutely deserves some very harsh feedback to his endless stream of verbal diarrhea. Even if 90% of the interview ended up being them going through all the times he contradicted himself or lied.

and I would certainly say it was a bit surprising to see Molyneux that openly pressured and saying it outright. He pretty much said the only way he can stop this, is by not speaking to the press at all. Which is probably the only solution here, as his PR man is gone and only has bad (or... rather terrible) things to say, despite having been really close to the person for so long. He really can't help himself.

inky

Edit: These are my last responses on the matter, because I don't want to take this thread off on this unnecessary tangent any more.

Well, I wasn't expecting anything because I didn't know this interview was gonna happen. I only kind of expected an explanation on why he forgot about the guy who won the Cube thing after the Eurogamer article, and we got it: Molyneux forgot about him, or assumed someone else was keeping track of him. But I disagree, the questions are about things that happened, that were said by him, and we did get answers: What about the artbook? Why go with a publisher? What about the abandoned PC version of the game? Should people expect their money back for some of these things, and will they get it? What about the student forums that were going up and didn't? Etc, etc.

These are very concrete things. You may not like the confrontational tone or whatever, but there were questions and there were answers, that for once, weren't complete bullshit. I think the interview was a success.

But it's fine. There are other threads to talk about this, so I'm out too.

jesalr

New York. Fashion show. Alright for some, innit. 😒

I left my job in December, been travelling because I missed out before and after uni. The show is one I helped run for three years at uni, so got invited back. It'll be good to see some friends from uni, plus I know a few of the models and that always helps at the afterparty.

Wilbur

Banned
wilbur, i take it the controller didn't stop working this time? it was the internet connection eh

Controller worked fine, Bla and I drew 2-2 and were drawing 0-0 and I was getting a fair amount of input lag that, while it would have had a negligible effect on the result, I was unprepared for due to the fact I hadn't played online at all yet.

And then the internet connection dropped and the game was cancelled

So yes, salvadora.

Salvadora

Controller worked fine, Bla and I drew 2-2 and were drawing 0-0 and I was getting a fair amount of input lag that, while it would have had a negligible effect on the result, I was unprepared for due to the fact I hadn't played online at all yet.

And then the internet connection dropped and the game was cancelled

So yes, salvadora.

damn that unreliable third world internet in london

Wilbur

Banned
:lol i'm not even blaming it

I got a good result and bla was unlucky not to win

I'm not saying i would have played better, just that i was unused to having to play with the input lag

But its okay salva and viva you're too pussy to even play

i will blame the input lag and you can blame your fear

Wilbur

Banned
damn that unreliable third world internet in london

dean has had numerous problems with the internet in his room. This is a known fact. Email my father if you want. Maybe we can't afford to pay for the fastest internet.

Now you're picking on the poor, huh? Salva, i expected better from you

Why don't you just go back to making jokes about burn victims that was much classier
datholdupplayy9ibe3.png

Invoker isn't that hard, but if you can't remember how to invoke anything, you could go for a carry build.
4 in Quas, 4 in Exort and 1 in Invoke, then you just play with Coldsnap and two Forge Spirits when you hit level 9.
Get PT, Drums and Orchid and just right click mofos.
That's easy, you don't really need to know anything for that. :lol

DHL will deliver my new 3DS with MH4U soon. \o/

Cheers, will probably try that. Know I'm gonna struggle to get enough farm for an Orchid though :(

Do I want to level up Quas and Exort equally, like QEQEQEQE, or focus on one before the other?

Honestly, reading the OT and listening to people with decent MMR, I kind of hope I don't get good at the game. It sounds like it stops being fun at some point, and the win becomes the only thing that matters.

I don't know how long his contract with WH is, but he'll probably see it to the end.

Noone is stupid to pay top buck for him or his current wages.

Anyway, I don't see him in top flight football after WH.

Drunk bastard

:lol

If he exits the PL, it'll be because of his injuries, nothing else.

Lukaku's attitude baffles me. I can't say its bad per se, but he seems a bit like he's not desperate to score and improve. Like, I watch Sturridge (and Suarez before), and even if we won they'd look pissed off if they hadn't scored. Not in a bad way where it makes it all about them, but you can tell that they think they've let themselves down.

I don't get that feeling with Lukaku. Its like he considers goals a bonus, rather than his job.

I dont even know what a powerline is

If you mean that red cable, dad told me to plug it out and use the wifi

I told him it doesnt work up here but he didnt listen

Dad u fool

Go fart your dad right in the face, and then fart in your own face for being dumb enough to take his advice.

jts

...hate me...
@WillKiller good game, got destroyed on that final bit.

Have to go now, but it was fun. Hopefully we can play some more in the future.

Small inquire though: how was the connection? It was fine on my side but since this interwebs isn't great I hope it's not too laggy for who plays against me.

Wilbur

Banned
Whos the best at PES out of you lot?

I have only seen Bla and Zabo play. Pretty even; Bla creates lots of chances but wastes them.

Bla was better than me too but we drew. Probably should have taken advantage of my brainfarts :lol

We should have a tournament

DEAN IS HOME

I WILL GET HIM TO PUT IN THE RED CABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom