• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morsel, no offense but that is absolutely the ugliest looking toy I've ever seen, what's so special about it for it to be so expensive?

I don't know. With amiboos out there, they must be on top of the ugly list. They count as toys right? And not just glorified dlc.

yes, absolutely right.

but pls rethink your stance on cars, or at least Lamborghinis ;_; Shanks halp

Richard Hammond is really unimpressed with the new Lambo. he called it " the best car lambo have made, but the worst lambo" which I totally understand.

I mean toys as in actual toys, made of soft vinyl.

This is my latest purchase: it was $200, but will bring in $400-500 easily if I sell:

This is my holy grail item. It was $200 when it was sold, but like most every rare toy you have to win a lottery just for a chance to buy it. It is now available in some second hand shops for $3,000.

Don't sell them. If collecting them makes you happy, then keep them :)

KidJr

I expect no surprises to happen in the transfer window. Not much activity all round.

And Caudrardo is worth EVERY penny, infact at £26 million, he's a bargain in my opinion. Trust me he doesnt need to get much better. He's just entering his best playing years and think he will do very well at Chelsea.

ArsenalGAF, if Sanchez is fit for next week (and Welbeck). Who do you play?

Also are we playing 4 1 4 1 or 4 3 3?

Anyone watch TopGear last night

GorillaJu

Richard Hammond is really unimpressed with the new Lambo. he called it " the best car lambo have made, but the worst lambo" which I totally understand.

Don't sell them. If collecting them makes you happy, then keep them :)

Honestly the coolest thing is just the community of collectors and indie producers. When I appeared on that Japanese TV show, they asked me what my favorite toy is. I told them, and the guy who produces that toy was watching the show. He had my address because I had entered into lotteries with him in the past (never won). Two days after the show airs, I wake up to a package delivery direct from him with a free toy inside (among other goodies), worth at least $500. /livejournal

Yikes, some of these are selling for $70+ on yahoo auctions and eBay. Seems like Animal Crossing guy, Marth and Rosalina are valuable-ish. They wouldn't count as toys though because they don't have joints. They're figures/statues.

ArsenalGAF, if Sanchez is fit for next week (and Welbeck). Who do you play?

Also are we playing 4 1 4 1 or 4 3 3?

Anyone watch TopGear last night

4-2-3-1/ 4-3-2-1

Ramsey was playing a lot deeper yesterday. He did a good job at suppressing his urges to go forward. That is what is key. Plus, Santi was playing deep when we were not defending.

I would drop Giroud out for Welbeck, and Sanchez for Theo/Ozil. I want us to sit back and defend and then kill Spurs on the counter.

Welbeck and Sanchez are much harder workers and we will need that.

I will watch Top Gear in about an hour.

Honestly the coolest thing is just the community of collectors and indie producers. When I appeared on that Japanese TV show, they asked me what my favorite toy is. I told them, and the guy who produces that toy was watching the show. He had my address because I had entered into lotteries with him in the past (never won). Two days after the show airs, I wake up to a package delivery direct from him with a free toy inside (among other goodies), worth at least $500. /livejournal

fucking ace, I often wonder if I made the right decision to stay in Seoul, but I am sure I would end up having even less money than I do now.

Of course it is, it's fucking GERMAN.

HAHAHAHA, i think he said.

The germans wanted a car that would sell numbers lol

pulga

Banned

While I still don't understand how the toys you posted are so expensive, that's pretty fucking neat. Must've been stoked!

jts

...hate me...
Halp, Hawks still hurting
xPSlPCU.png

One of the toughest defeats I've experienced outside of association football
H7bIKlW.png

Much worse than when I pretend I'm upset about Finland losing the Ice Hockey World Championships every year.

Halp, Hawks still hurting
xPSlPCU.png

One of the toughest defeats I've experienced outside of association football
H7bIKlW.png

Much worse than when I pretend I'm upset about Finland losing the Ice Hockey World Championships every year.
I still cannot believe that play call.

Danchi

Can anyone recommend me some good ambient music?

Grouper - Dragging a Dead Dear up a Hill
Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - Love Is a Stream
Motion Sickness of Time Travel - Seeping through the Veil of the Unconscious
Ben Frost - By the Throat
Infinite Body ‎– Carve out the Face of My God

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
fucking ace, I often wonder if I made the right decision to stay in Seoul, but I am sure I would end up having even less money than I do now.

HAHAHAHA, i think he said.

The germans wanted a car that would sell numbers lol
SELL WHAT

POSTERS?

The Huracan is now 190k something Euros

And the cheapest Lambo is faster than the Aventador for half the price

DAT GERMAN ENGINEERING LOOL

It's the only thing that could begin to explain it.

I read some stuff this morning about Lynch only converting 1 of 5 from the 1yd line this year and some stuff about there being >1% picks on passes from there...yadda yadda...so maybe they somehow convinced themselves it was the "right" call...but it was just so obviously stupid.

The explanation about there not being enough time doesn't stack up either cos they ran the play clock down on that play.

Just crazy. I was thinking that the Pats had no choice but to let them in...and then that. Wow.

GorillaJu

It's the only thing that could begin to explain it.

I read some stuff this morning about Lynch only converting 1 of 5 from the 1yd line this year and some stuff about there being >1% picks on passes from there...yadda yadda...so maybe they somehow convinced themselves it was the "right" call...but it was just so obviously stupid.

The explanation about there not being enough time doesn't stack up either cos they ran the play clock down on that play.

Just crazy. I was thinking that the Pats had no choice but to let them in...and then that. Wow.

The weirdest part to me is that you have offensive coordinators alongside the head coach, and of the course the QB himself has his own judgment call to make. There are so many checks and balances and time to think in American football, all things considered. If it were in fact hubris, it'd have to be endemic.

They had time. They had 2 more downs. Even if the chance of a pick is low, give him a chance to convert. Hell, there's always the chance of a 5-yard penalty putting them into the end zone.

Weirdest, most surreal thing that could have happened at that moment.

KidJr

Let the Italians go at it and it would cost 4 times that.

Although, these two are quite German

FIAT/Ferrari needed these two

Photo4srl_291742.jpg

Edit: the Huracan was a beast around the track, I think it is the third fastest ever

When did the Top Gear review the Huracan?

For the money though 991 Turbo s>Huracan

KidJr

4-2-3-1/ 4-3-2-1

Ramsey was playing a lot deeper yesterday. He did a good job at suppressing his urges to go forward. That is what is key. Plus, Santi was playing deep when we were not defending.

I would drop Giroud out for Welbeck, and Sanchez for Theo/Ozil. I want us to sit back and defend and then kill Spurs on the counter.

Welbeck and Sanchez are much harder workers and we will need that.

I will watch Top Gear in about an hour.

The thing is I dont want us to TOTALLY give up our possession based game, but am enjoying our midfield at the moment, once ramsey gets back into his stride (goals wise) I doubt you could want much more from a midfield.

I think Ozil needs to play just for his moments of brilliance and Santi needs someone technically as gifted as him to interchange with when we're playing the precision football. Walcot also has to play, no body in our team makes more intelligent runs than him in my opinion, his finishing was always going to eventually come back. And it'd be rude to leave Giroud out with his current scoring record.

Thing is as much as I love Jack, I dont want him back at the moment, he's going to upset the balance of the team. Ramsey is better box to box, Santi is just a better player and I prefer Coq to sit deep (hehehe). And if Ozil keeps this form up then really where is going to play.

Salvadora

David Ornstein
‏@bbcsport_david
No business expected in/out of Arsenal barring unlikely late surprise. Top DM still on agenda but summer more realistic #bbcdeadlineday #afc
YES ORNSTEIN.

Confirmation that we're still in for a top quality DM!

Come to me, Schneiderlin.

Schneiderlin is more of a box-to-box player I would have thought.

Still be a great player for whoever signs him, but not sure he is really a "DM".

Waiting until deadline day to announce new contract for Harry Kane. Classic move by the chairman. Probably means little to no business today.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The weirdest part to me is that you have offensive coordinators alongside the head coach, and of the course the QB himself has his own judgment call to make. There are so many checks and balances and time to think in American football, all things considered. If it were in fact hubris, it'd have to be endemic.

They had time. They had 2 more downs. Even if the chance of a pick is low, give him a chance to convert. Hell, there's always the chance of a 5-yard penalty putting them into the end zone.

Weirdest, most surreal thing that could have happened at that moment.
I'm just glad viva is sad, ya know?

I'm kidding viva, sorry mang.<3 It's awful when fucking convicted renowned cheaters beat you to the punch

But you know, as fat fuck Rafa once (or twice) said 'it can happen'

I'm just glad viva is sad, ya know?

I'm kidding viva, sorry mang.<3 It's awful when fucking convicted renowned cheaters beat you to the punch

But you know, as fat fuck Rafa once (or twice) said 'it can happen'

What? I didn't want the Seahawks to win m8. I'm delighted they lost, especially like that.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Waiting until deadline day to announce new contract for Harry Kane. Classic move by the chairman. Probably means little to no business today.

Surely if Adebayor leaves we need to bring in a replacement?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
When did the Top Gear review the Huracan?

For the money though 991 Turbo s>Huracan
for that kind of money you really shouldn't buy a Porsche anyway. It lacks the wow factor and it's in Ferrari Italia 458 territory.

The thing is I dont want us to TOTALLY give up our possession based game, but am enjoying our midfield at the moment, once ramsey gets back into his stride (goals wise) I doubt you could want much more from a midfield.

I think Ozil needs to play just for his moments of brilliance and Santi needs someone technically as gifted as him to interchange with when we're playing the precision football.

Thing is as much as I love Jack, I dont want him back at the moment, he's going to upset the balance of the team. Ramsey is better box to box, Santi is just a better player and I prefer Coq to sit deep (hehehe). And if Ozil keeps this form up then really where is going to play.

Martin Keown said this

But Flamini was dropping so deep in front of the defence that he ended up out of the midfield itself.
People might think that Coquelin has just replaced Flamini as the deep-lying player but in fact he has been playing higher up the pitch.

I agree, I want us to give up possession but still hold a good shape where we keep the opponents from getting at us easily. Coq does a good job at staying more advanced and marshalling the troops, i remember a few times him waves his arms to show players where to go. If Flamini is dropping deep it than it gives up more space to the opponent.

I don't think we are a great passing team. All of our players can pass, but the squad is much better suited to face counter attacking football.

Our biggest strength is counter football, and our biggest weakness is giving up possession and being done on the break. We have shown recently that the defenders can organise themselves quite well if they concentrate on defending. I will always prefer to see Mert and Kos attacking forwards rather than reacting to them.

City After Premier League Player

According to the Coventry Observer's Steve Carpenter, Coventry City are hopeful of bringing in a Premier League player.

Mr Carpenter tweeted: "I've been told the #SkyBlues are hopeful of announcing the signing of a young Premier League player today on a short term contract."

Is Balotelli going to drop down to find his level?

LTWheels

So we are really going for it:

@TonyBarretTimes: Liverpool looking to agree a deal with Burnley for Danny Ings that would avoid the need for a tribunal when his contract ends in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom