• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Poor Zaha, never really got a chance

Moyes....

Meh, he won't be missed.

tumblr_n8wu41xKtO1te49iho1_400.gif

Salvadora

I'm deathly afraid that le Coq will revert to previous form when he gets a new contract and we're lumbered with him for another 4 years.

Scum

You'll be pleased to hear that Kaboul, Lennon, Capoue and Adebayor are being squeezed out the door as we speak.

I don't mind Ade going but if we are relying on Soldado to step up then the season is already over.

YES USHO! Maybe we can steal Ings away from Liverpool. Just have to wait 'til his medical. 😒

I'm deathly afraid that le Coq will revert to previous form when he gets a new contract and we're lumbered with him for another 4 years.

I don't know why, but I feel like he's one bad game away from having a massive dip in form.

Players don't suddenly become decent at 23 and a half.

King_Moc

Banned
did u rike it?

did u rike da abyss

did u enter da painting level

It was pretty great, yeah.

Is the abyss where the 4 kings are? That's what made me switch to the Zweihander, it was a damn dps race. I did the painting world, but never ended up killing the boss, lol. I'd been stuck there for ages and just wanted out.

Lightning

Banned
I don't know why, but I feel like he's one bad game away from having a massive dip in form.

His form hasn't been that great. It's the teams tactics that have changed, hanging back more, offering one another more protection. Whenever we bomb forward we look just as vulnerable as always. It's only when we're sitting deep that we look reasonably solid, this is not due to Coq but more the back 4, Coq, Ramsey, Cazorla etc all helping out defensively.

We aren't letting Adebayor go, that would leave us with Kane and Soldado. Even though Ade has done sod all this season, we can't rely on two strikers for 4 months when we have some fixture congestion coming.

Can't see us shifting 4 squad players out without bringing one player in and I dont think we are linked to anyone.

Kaboul is probably the only one I can see leaving on loan.

Zaha was killed by Moyes
H7bIKlW.png

We have had to resurrect him. Those saying he's shit, how many minutes did you actually get to see him play?

I watched him play a bit for you guys which is why I was against his signing in the first place my post. I then watched him play for our reserves, pre season, and a couple of minutes during the season. I also watched him a couple of times when he was out on loan.

His touch is inconsistent, his dribbling isn't impressive because the ball gets caught under his feet, and his decision making isn't great. He's fast, strong, and has quick feet which can create good opportunities, but that isn't enough. He's showing too much immaturity in his game even though he is already 22. He's still young and he will improve, but I don't think he will improve enough to make it at United. Even two years ago, though impressive for his age, was already physically built to play at first team level so he would have an advantage over similarly aged kids that are built like kids. Other kids that have more potential can struggle to show their skill when they aren't physically capable of consistently challenging older players. I think that's one of the reasons why Shaw did so well last season in comparison to some of his peers. He's pretty big for a 19 year old.

KidJr

I dont think anyone had seen enough of him to say he was a bad player previously.

This notion that people are superstars from 18 I think is so far moved from reality.

A lot of footballers have exceptional talent, however there are so many factors that need to be in place to extract those talents, whether it be experience, playing system, mentality, environment etc.

Before 2012/2013 Deigo Costa hadnt scored more than 20 goals once in his entire career. It took Drogba 7 seasons to hit 20 goals in a shit league. Falcao did not hit 20 goals until his 5th season full season. I'm not saying that this is the rule but nor am I saying is it the exception, it really is a case by case basis.

wedward

I don't know. He is keeping it simple and the team is defending well as a team. All he needs to do is win the ball back and pass it to Ramsey, which he has been doing pretty well.

If we start playing more open and allowing more space in mid, I could see Coquelin struggle, but hopefully Wenger sees that this is working and continues with it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We aren't letting Adebayor go, that would leave us with Kane and Soldado. Even though Ade has done sod all this season, we can't rely on two strikers for 4 months when we have some fixture congestion coming.

Can't see us shifting 4 squad players out without bringing one player in and I dont think we are linked to anyone.

Kaboul is probably the only one I can see leaving on loan.

Lennon is definitely on his way and we don't even need to replace him. If Ade goes I suppose in an emergency we could play Chadli as a striker, we already tried that in one game already this season.

18.10 Another potential departure in the closing moments of the window is young striker Chuba Akpom, who rose from the bench yesterday to win a crucial penalty that finally cracked the brave resistance of an impressive Aston Villa defence.

The 19-year-old is out of contract in the summer and has pre-contract offers from Borussia Dortmund, Feyenoord and FC Twente. He’s also been the subject of loan offers from everybody from Sunderland to MK Dons but having already allowed Podolski, Joel Campbell and Yaya Sonogo to leave on temporary deals this January, Arsene Wenger is wary of leaving himself short of cover.

I hope Akpom doesn't leave.

Lightning

Banned
I don't know. He is keeping it simple and the team is defending well as a team. All he needs to do is win the ball back and pass it to Ramsey, which he has been doing pretty well.

If we start playing more open and allowing more space in mid, I could see Coquelin struggle, but hopefully Wenger sees that this is working and continues with it.
There has already been signs Coq struggles when we open up. Start of the 2nd half against City for example. We opened up in the first 20 minutes or so in that half and it looked like City would score, the only time they looked like scoring.

wedward

There has already been signs Coq struggles when we open up. Start of the 2nd half against City for example. We opened up in the first 20 minutes or so in that half and it looked like City would score, the only time they looked like scoring.

I think that is true of most defensive mids though. Matic doesn't look like the same player when Chelsea open up.

KidJr

His form hasn't been that great. It's the teams tactics that have changed, hanging back more, offering one another more protection. Whenever we bomb forward we look just as vulnerable as always. It's only when we're sitting deep that we look reasonably solid, this is not due to Coq but more the back 4, Coq, Ramsey, Cazorla etc all helping out defensively.

We do not HALF as vulnerable on the counteracts as we previously did, its not even necessarily about his talent its the balance he's able to offer and he has a very good engine.

Like for me the jury is out just on how good he is, but you cant really deny with him we look so much more solid. Regardless of whether Ramsey and Carzola have been helping out we have had played a midfield trio of Carzola, Ramsey and Flamini and not achieved anywhere the solidarity we have.

Honestly before Coq came into the team how many clean sheets have we kept (I think maybe 3 or 4?), he really does offers our back four real protection.

Lennon is definitely on his way and we don't even need to replace him. If Ade goes I suppose in an emergency we could play Chadli as a striker, we already tried that in one game already this season.

As much as I think Chadli is an improved player this season....I wouldnt want him as striker. That then cripples us on the wing where he has been a threat this season.

Either way, I can't see us suddenly shifting 4 players in the remaining few hours.Be a really dumb move unless they were perm deals and not loans.

Maybe Poch will promote a couple youngsters.

Jarnet87

M8's we got Phillemon Jones over Rafael Varane, and at only 20 million pounds. What a steal. Varane might be the better CB, but can he make as many biuriful faces as Jonsey?

BJhEtWlCQAAORyP.jpg:large

Walshy

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 8m8 minutes ago
Aston Villa's interest in Rickie Lambert hasn't gone away. Could only really happen now if the player himself wants it to happen ...

Would rather it was Borini or Balotelli.

Hopefully today's damp squid will lead to SSN calming down a bit on January deadline day. Fair enough in the summer cos that's genuinely exciting and generally mental.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
As much as I think Chadli is an improved player this season....I wouldnt want him as striker. That then cripples us on the wing where he has been a threat this season.

Either way, I can't see us suddenly shifting 4 players in the remaining few hours.Be a really dumb move unless they were perm deals and not loans.

Maybe Poch will promote a couple youngsters.

Well Lennon, Kaboul and Capoue never play so I'm sure Poch would be happy to let them leave. The only one that is risky is Ade, the other three haven't even made the squad in recent weeks and the last time Kaboul and Capoue started we lost at home to Leicester.

Jarnet87

Cuadrado is the new Bosingwa. He'll be good for Chelsea for a few years before being run into the ground and then run out of town. The Jose way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom