• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQman2121

Banned
i2dQWuV1PsGCS.gif

Another successful January done. Now stay healthy.

wedward

Via Yurt RT:
Sán ‏@Zizouology 17m17 minutes ago
Neymar's real fee is revealed: €94.8M. Out of that, just €9.4M went to Santos, the club he joined aged 11 and that gave him a chance to play

This shows a lack of respect for the world we live in.

LAM09

Via Yurt RT:
Neymar's real fee is revealed: €94.8M. Out of that, just €9.4M went to Santos, the club he joined aged 11 and that gave him a chance to play

His father supposedly got more than Santos.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Via Yurt RT:

disgusting, american clubs will never reach the heights of before

Labadal

Got my passport ready for the Liverpool - Spurs game. It has the potential to be a really exciting game now that both are in the fight for 4th spot.

3Sixty

My Green Bay Packers wouldn't have bottled the SuperBowl last night.

Am I doing this right?

They bottled the NFC championship game instead.

Also.

Southampton FC ‏@SouthamptonFC 18s19 seconds ago

GOAL: @ChelseaFC 5-0 #SaintsFCU21s (Dominic Solanke-Mitchell 38)

We getting worked

L1NETT

Kane is legit

Sturridge
Kane
Rooney
Welbeck (England's version)

Ings
Austin

Not bad.

well still quite bad.

None of them gonna be worldies are they. Decent triers but but Ings, Austin and Welbeck? pfffttt bang average prem players. But nowt quality internationals. Kane might be ok. Give 2/3 seasons of this form then we can see.

------

Got tickets for Purity Ring in April

awww yeaaahhhhh

well still quite bad.

None of them gonna be worldies are they. Decent triers but but Ings, Austin and Welbeck? pfffttt bang average prem players. But nowt quality internationals. Kane might be ok. Give 2/3 seasons of this form then we can see.

------

Got tickets for Purity Ring in April

awww yeaaahhhhh

Honestly, anything that stops the media acting as if Rooney up front is the only option is not bad for me :p

Sturridge definitely has the ability to be a top class international, and I think Kane does as well.

Rooney's had his chance imo, and his goals don't mask his shite performances, especially since the goals don't come often enough in the biggest games we play. And most of them are spawny as fuck as well.

Salvadora

well still quite bad.

Welbeck has a really good record on the international stage.

Look it up.

Elchele

Argentina's is classy as always.

Mexico's is OK, I prefer it to the Charlie Brown design we were using before, but I don't like the grey lines. I just don't understand why they are there.

I don't like the shade of green used either. Needs to be bolder. I think the white one is better actually, although black kits for the national team here have been all the rage since they were first introduced.

I prefer the kit Argentina used in the WC. The one with the black collar, I think it looks great. I may buy one if they put it on sale in the Adidas store.

Hixx

Any of ye got an HTC One Mini 2? My One S is battered to FUCK and can actually get this for a couple of quid a month cheaper than I'm paying now. Any other phones in the same price range worth a look?

Fintan

I'm still a bit worried about the team if Cesc gets injured for any extended period of time. Ramires and Matic obviously just don't bring the same creativity. It could get like last season where we can't break down teams.

TeddyBoy

It's going to be a little sad selling Lambert should he leave for Villa.

He came back to his boyhood club, played when he was needed and scored a few goals and is seemingly being sold after just 6 months here :(

Blablurn

Paying 27,5m € forr Henrikh Mkhitaryan makes him the 5th biggest transfer in Bundesliga history. What a glorious mistake this has been.

But I should be quiet. We paid 30m € for Gomez and 37m € for Götze :lol

It's crazy. But the Javi Martinez transfer with 40m € is still the most expensive transfer in Bundesliga history. But considering the fact he won us the CL, I'd say it paid off.

Götze definitely still needs to show his class.

I think buying Robben for 20m € was probably the best deal ever. Maybe with the 20m € we paid for Neuer.

Elchele

Paying 27,5m € forr Henrikh Mkhitaryan makes him the 5th biggest transfer in Bundesliga history. What a glorious mistake this has been.

It's crazy. But the Javi Martinez transfer with 40m € is still the most expensive transfer in Bundesliga history. But considering the fact he won us the CL, I'd say it paid off.

I think buying Robben for 20m € was probably the best deal ever. Maybe with the 20m € we paid for Neuer.

Robben for 20m. Insane
Like selling Messi for 40m. RM pls

Xhaka extended until 2019 with Gladbach. He almost joined HSV back in the day, dodged a bullet

Mkhitaryan transfer was the beginning of the end of Klopp

Feorax

It's going to be a little sad selling Lambert should he leave for Villa.

He came back to his boyhood club, played when he was needed and scored a few goals and is seemingly being sold after just 6 months here :(

I don't disagree with any of that. Unfortunately, we're now only playing 1 up top, so we really don't need 3 strikers behing Sturridge (and Sterling) in the pecking order, especially not 3 misfiring ones.

Lambert is unfortunate in that he is the one rhat the club might be tempted to make a profit on now an opportunity has arisen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Daniel Levy personally intervened to stop Emmanuel Adebayor making a controversial loan move to West Ham United because he will not pay for the striker to play for Tottenham Hotspur’s fierce rivals.

West Ham made an enquiry over taking Adebayor on loan until the end of the season after hearing that Spurs had been willing to subsidise his £100,000-a-week wages to join either Queens Park Rangers or Crystal Palace.

Adebayor turned down both QPR and Palace, but West Ham were told by Tottenham chairman Levy that, unlike the other two London clubs, they would have to pay Adebayor’s full salary to take him to Upton Park.

Well I guess that's the end of that one.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

getting BVB relegated: priceless ;)

Blablurn

Robben for 20m. Insane
Like selling Messi for 40m. RM pls

:lol

He was still the glass man back then. That was our victory. It's unbelievable how much stronger his body became in the last years. Too bad he's moving towards the end of his career :-/

arkon

That moment where the British Gas guy doesn't mention in his report the thing that actually needs doing, so the guy who turns up 3 days later doesn't have the part.

That cold shower in the middle of winter.

That moment where you make a bowl of cereal with milk dated 4th February, only to discover that its sour as fuck when you take a bite.

And I'm back at work in a few hours.

Fuck this. Gonna fix the boiler myself by headbutting the fucking thing while self-immolating.

This is why I normally take a sip of milk before wasting it on a bowl of cereal now. Ruined a bowl of Coco Pops once. Never again. Once bitten, twice shy.

Elchele

:lol

He was still the glass man back then. That was our victory. It's unbelievable how much stronger his body became in the last years. Too bad he's moving towards the end of his career :-/

he carried the team during LvG and Guardiola eras, can't complain

Blablurn

he carried the team during LvG and Guardiola eras, can't complain

Yep. He basically brought us into the CL Final 2010. Robben is incredible. So much better than anyone else.

Ribery could have been the same. But he was too inconsistent looking back. But I will never forget his debut season in 2007. Ribery was a player like we have never seen him before. So explosive and fast. That was definitely the moment where the whole Bayern mentality changed.

But Robben.... a true legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom