• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Pretty much the same. Definitely going to see it again. Probably read the book soon.

Cast were uniformly sublime too. Brolin was as good as he's been since NCFOM, Waterston was great (and such good nips too).

Phoenix is so good, even when he's just reacting to others. His performance in The Master is legitimately GOAT tier. Not goat tier like Cristiano. GOAT tier like Messi.

wedward

Cast were uniformly sublime too. Brolin was as good as he's been since NCFOM, Waterston was great (and such good nips too).

Phoenix is so good, even when he's just reacting to others. His performance in The Master is legitimately GOAT tier. Not goat tier like Cristiano. GOAT tier like Messi.

I've never seen nips like that in my life. Like gum drops.

FootballFan

Manchester United fans, man.

They're the best.

Bumhead will learn one day.

Wilbur

Banned
I've never seen nips like that in my life. Like gum drops.

Some woman at my work who can't be taller than five foot has nipples like fruit pastilles. Honestly they're bigger than her.

No hyperbole whatsover, they were the depth of Hula Hoops: just as round as just as protrusive. Extraordinary nerp action.

FootballFan

what

why did you quote the word 'that'

lol

I meant to bold it but must've hit the wrong thing.

l1x61OA.png

jtb

Banned
What did everyone who has seen it here think of Inherent Vice

Liked it, didn't love it, but have a deep desire to see it again already. Feels like a plethora of great parts that make a good film.

But i find myself remembering loads of parts I loved so... think I need to see it again. Wasn't too fond of Lebowski first time around.

I liked it but it was way too fucking long. at some point, "that's the point" stops mattering when the "point" is utter meaninglessness. Lebowski played up the absurdity, while IV played up the convolutedness. I dunno. It just didn't work as well as Lebowski for me, you just stop being invested when you know from minute one that the plot doesn't matter.

jtb

Banned
Yes.

Such a great game.

Do yourself a favor and pay more than the average for the collection, it's worth it for those two games alone.

playing through all of Obsidian's games in the run-up to Pillars of Eternity. did a run through of KOTOR 1 and 2 a month or so ago, almost done with Planescape: Torment, then it's on to (ugh) the NWN2 OC, which I haven't played in like a decade, if I can get this wine-wrapper to work on OSX, and then MOTB.

Phlebas

Banned
i meant the second part you robbing cunt

Where's my money bitch

say my name

i am the one who knocks

science

etcetera

Invite me to the group m8 😒

playing through all of Obsidian's games in the run-up to Pillars of Eternity. did a run through of KOTOR 1 and 2 a month or so ago, almost done with Planescape: Torment, then it's on to (ugh) the NWN2 OC, which I haven't played in like a decade, if I can get this wine-wrapper to work on OSX, and then MOTB.

I Don't remember hating anything about first game .

Really excited for pillars of eternity .

Looks to be amazing.

Wilbur

Banned
I liked it but it was way too fucking long. at some point, "that's the point" stops mattering when the "point" is utter meaninglessness. Lebowski played up the absurdity, while IV played up the convolutedness. I dunno. It just didn't work as well as Lebowski for me, you just stop being invested when you know from minute one that the plot doesn't matter.

Yeah this is true. Think its shagginess would have worked better if it moved more briskly. Say what you want about WOWS but that film fucking moves. For a three hour film, it relentlessly keeps up its pace while IV slouches from scene to scene (purposefully tho, and often to great effect).

jtb

Banned
Yeah this is true. Think its shagginess would have worked better if it moved more briskly. Say what you want about WOWS but that film fucking moves. For a three hour film, it relentlessly keeps up its pace while IV slouches from scene to scene (purposefully tho, and often to great effect).

shaggy! yes, that's the word. yeah I think they played the shaggy-dog-ness too hard; even if that's the joke... then you've just run the joke into the ground for two and a half hours. it's a bit much.

i meant the second part you robbing cunt

Where's my money bitch

say my name

i am the one who knocks

science

etcetera

Look at this shit, working Wilbur is trying to steal what little money the government deem is acceptable for me to live on at uni.

I promise one day you will receive that money, and when that day comes I want you to tweet Vince Gilligan, thanking him for the large pizza you were able to buy

Esch

Banned
tell me tales of how you escaped your sphincter's wrath
I didn't, but it's been enough time that i can have a laugh at myself. Shitting yourself as an adult is terrible when it happens, but now I can look back on it and laugh a little.

When it happened I was 20, I won't go into it exactly but I was crippled at the time. Back brace that covered my body and a guard that covered my broken wrist. I'm in the middle of my Statistics class on the third floor in uni and halfway through I feel that rumble, you know, the one deep in the pit of your stomach that means nothing but trouble
dUlMFSY.png
. The worst kind too, the one that happens and you immediately know "shit, i have to do something about this ASAP or i'm done".

So in this semi handi-capable state i get up and hobble to the bathroom on the third floor. I'm doing those wobbly ass clench walks, because i know that if i take one single misstep a putrid shitblast will erupt from my numb, nerve damaged buttocks. By the time i actually make it to the bathroom i'm about to burst. I make it inside the stall, and i attempt the maneuver; you know the one, where you sit down and pull your pants down in one fell swoop.

My jeans got stuck on my back brace and i release a shotgun blast of diarrhea all over the lip of the toilet, the seat, inside jeans and the boxer briefs inside of them. I just stooped there a minute over this ruined toilet stall thinking, "damn, what the hell should I do with this". I wiped my ass first of course. Then in this painful pose i take my jeans off, clean the outside of them, throw away the boxers, and hope to god no one comes into this semi public bathroom. I made a feeble attempt at cleaning the rim of the toilet at least, i figure its the least i can do for whatever janitor whose day i just ruined.
Brch14R.png

I hobble back to my room, jeans subtly stained in shit, keeping a 20 yard distance from anyone who could possibly realize i had just shit myself. Took a shower, threw my clothes in the wash, and then walked back to class (which I knew was over) to get my stuff. I catch my teacher on the way out and i'm formulating an excuse. She says "when students leave like that i know not to ask any questions."

qBsuB5s.png

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester City are weighing up a move for Burnley striker Danny Ings, 22, who will be out-of-contract in the summer. (Manchester Evening News)
West Ham were one of two clubs to make a bid for Everton defender Sylvain Distin, 37, on deadline day. (Liverpool Echo)
The Hammers are considering signing Senegal defender Kara Mbodj, 25, from Belgian side Genk in the summer as the club prepare for the departure of New Zealand international Winston Reid, 26, on a free transfer. (Daily Mirror)
Aston Villa loan signing Scott Sinclair, 25, says he would "think twice" about joining a top-four club in the future after seeing his career stall at Manchester City. (Birmingham Mail)
Malaga midfielder Ignacio Camacho, 24, says the Spanish club may be forced to sell him this summer, with Liverpool and Arsenal thought to be keen on signing the Spain international. (Daily Express)
Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero insists Samuel Eto'o, 33, will remain with the Serie A club, despite the Cameroon striker walking out of one of his first training sessions following his move from Everton. (Daily Star)
Everton will pursue a move for Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley in the summer. The 25-year-old is out of contract at Old Trafford at the end of the season. (Liverpool Echo)
Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham may make a summer move for Porto striker Jackson Martinez, 28, after the Colombian hinted that he would like to move in the next transfer window. (Daily Star)
Wolves are one of several Championship clubs interested in signing Aston Villa winger Jack Grealish, 19, on loan. (Birmingham Mail)

OTHER GOSSIP
West Ham striker Carlton Cole, 31, has accused manager Sam Allardyce of "wrecking his career" after his planned deadline-day move to West Brom fell through. (Daily Mirror)
Former Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood, 45, tops QPR owner Tony Fernandes's shortlist to succeed Harry Redknapp as manager. (Guardian)
Redknapp, 67, was angry that QPR's head of football operations Les Ferdinand was given control over signings during the January transfer window. (Independent)
Manchester United midfielder Adnan Januzaj, 19, says he struggles with the defensive demands of Louis van Gaal's system. (Guardian)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Following his free transfer move to Brazilian side Internacional, Anderson posted a picture on Instagram of all the medals he won at Manchester United. "I have made some amazing friends, all of whom are great players and will continue to do great things," he wrote.
Joey Barton is disappointed that he will no longer get to work with Harry Redknapp, after the 67-year-old resigned as QPR manager on Tuesday. "Wish Harry well. Enjoyed my time working with him. He was great with me," he wrote on Twitter.
Liverpool's Brazilian midfielder Lucas Leiva was pleased that compatriot Philippe Countinho had signed a new contract with the club. He wrote: "Congratulations my friend on your new deal, you deserve it! I am very happy for you and I have no doubt you will be Liverpool legend."
Reds' striker Mario Balotelli posted a video of him knocking a water bottle off a table with a football.

AND FINALLY...
"Gerrard's Slip" was a 10-1 winner in Tuesday's 3pm race at Southwell. The horse's owner Bryan Smart named him after Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard's infamous stumble in last season's Premier League title run-in defeat by Chelsea. (Daily Mail)
Crystal Palace have scrapped a plan to introduce a £100 compulsory catering charge for some season-ticket holders after pressure from fans. (Croydon Advertiser)
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge, 25, says he only started dancing after scoring a goal because he kept getting booked when he used to celebrate by pulling his shirt over his head. (Daily Mail)

Manchester City are weighing up a move for Burnley striker Danny Ings, 22, who will be out-of-contract in the summer. (Manchester Evening News)
TmMPSj7.png

Former Tottenham manager Tim Sherwood, 45, tops QPR owner Tony Fernandes's shortlist to succeed Harry Redknapp as manager. (Guardian)
ibdwxPBoU0iP8Z.png

Aston Villa loan signing Scott Sinclair, 25, says he would "think twice" about joining a top-four club in the future after seeing his career stall at Manchester City. (Birmingham Mail)
ibg1yxwimtZgdv.png

Must be hard being Pep.

Youngest manager to win the CL, with many other silverware and we are talking about how he has never really developed young players.

GorillaJu

My fiancé has nips like Shasta in Inherent Vice. She's p self conscious about it. I dunno I probably shouldn't have said anything. But when I saw the movie that's the first thing I thought. Maybe if I show her the movie she'll feel less self conscious.

Dunno bout all girls but it seems like bigger nips = more sensitivity. Coming during foreplay is not off the table.

pulga

Banned
How many rounds does a a standard job interview have?

I just got called in to go to a FOURTH round jesus fucking christ JUST HIRE ME ALREADY IM GONNA DROWN IN ANIME AT THIS RATE

Phlebas

Banned
Pm me your number again i've lost it

Sent

Edit:
How many rounds does a a standard job interview have?

I just got called in to go to a FOURTH round jesus fucking christ JUST HIRE ME ALREADY IM GONNA DROWN IN ANIME AT THIS RATE

my brother went through Four interviews before he got hired at his last job.

Don't lose hope m8, they must really like you to keep calling you back.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Joystiq closing down, first gaming site I ever saw and what eventually lead me to GAF. What a ride huh

pulga

Banned
my brother went through Four interviews before he got hired at his last job.

Don't lose hope m8, they must really like you to keep calling you back.

YES PHLEBAS!

Hopefully tomorrow will seal the deal. I can't stand having fuck all to do.

Rikkun

What's so exciting about The Order again? Looks like the kind of game designed for a games' forum.

I've read somewhere it's actually "better than you'd think".

Probably means it's not a 5.5 as it seems, it's actually a 7.8 or something, so nothing to be hyped for.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984977
ITT: People unable to make valid points show their intelligence by trashing a 15 years old videogame spitting out personal views like it's God's word.

EDIT: Elchele pls #pray4maria

FootballFan

What's so exciting about The Order again? Looks like the kind of game designed for a games' forum.

Genuinely didn't know its coming out so soon.

Too excited about Dragon Ball Xenoverse lol. (seriously)

Any reviews or impressions for the order yet ?

Scum

I've read somewhere it's actually "better than you'd think".

Probably means it's not a 5.5 as it seems, it's actually a 7.8 or something, so nothing to be hyped for.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=984977
ITT: People unable to make valid points show their intelligence by trashing a 15 years old videogame spitting out personal views like it's God's word.

EDIT: Elchele pls #pray4maria

I always thought it'd end up as a 7 out of 10 game. It'll probably end up an 8.5 out of 10 as we're told it's the greatest thing ever.

Great visuals.
Great technical blah.
Pushes the PS4 to its limit.
Greatest looking game this gen.

But the experience will be just like a Bond movie on a Bank holiday. Expected fun because why not but won't miss out on anything if you're too busy to see it.

Scum

Genuinely didn't know its coming out so soon.

Too excited about Dragon Ball Xenoverse lol. (seriously)

Any reviews or impressions for the order yet ?

Reviews are probably 2 weeks away. You'll have to wander into Gamingside for any impressions though, and to be honest, I wouldn't bother. Just wait for 'Quiche to buy it and see what he says.
ibkWhdzJaFWgi0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom