• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Saw Inherent Vice. Didn't think much of it, if it wasn't PTA I'm not sure it would be the 7/10 that it currently is on imdb. Dull, only occasionally funny.

Phlebas

Banned
Jesus

bj4aSIM.gif

GorillaJu

sony's entire first party ps4 strategy has been "let's make sure GAF makes gifs of this".

Hahahaha

The Sony Japan guys I know don't read Gaf, but they do read 2ch. I've brought in Gaf comments to some of the producers to see what their reaction is. Usually it's "hmm... Very perceptive"

I showed one designer a thread where people just shit on his design and he lost his shit laughing. "Yeah, I agree with them"

FootballFan

FF, sell me on DBX. I know nothing about it.

I don't have a pitch and I'm not one to exaggerate things, but this will be one of the most fun games in 2015.

If you have any interest in the Dragon Ball world or enjoy fast paced fighting games, you don't want to skip on Xenoverse.

My nephew and I will be jamming this daily.

GorillaJu

Saw Inherent Vice. Didn't think much of it, if it wasn't PTA I'm not sure it would be the 7/10 that it currently is on imdb. Dull, only occasionally funny.

Maybe I get impressed easily because I don't watch movies often but I loved IV and it had me rolling at parts.

I have read the book so I knew what to expect, but I didn't expect it to be so funny. Like the "pussy eater's special" part struck me as just awkward in the book but it was hilarious on screen.

Yen

Maybe I get impressed easily because I don't watch movies often but I loved IV and it had me rolling at parts.

I have read the book so I knew what to expect, but I didn't expect it to be so funny. Like the "pussy eater's special" part struck me as just awkward in the book but it was hilarious on screen.
For £3 I won't complain too much, but about 5 people walked out. I didn't find it particularly interesting (especially compared to the rest of PTA's work) and I'd say I have more patience than most.
I think Phoenix is one of the GOATs but he didn't have much to do here.
Watching it I felt similarities to Lebowski and that is a far, far more enjoyable film in my opinion.

pulga

Banned
Hahahaha

The Sony Japan guys I know don't read Gaf, but they do read 2ch. I've brought in Gaf comments to some of the producers to see what their reaction is. Usually it's "hmm... Very perceptive"

I showed one designer a thread where people just shit on his design and he lost his shit laughing. "Yeah, I agree with them"

pls show them that wilbur gif where he's dancing buck nekkid and rubbing himself with a United shirt

Instant promotion!

Pennywise

What's so exciting about The Order again? Looks like the kind of game designed for a games' forum.

The story could be interesting, we aren't getting that many games that got a conflict between 3 fractions.
Obviously the setting is also something that isn't that common and the guns look pretty interesting.

These points are having my curiosity.

Fucking hell the Battlefield beta is boring, I mean the setting was never something that attracted me in the first place, but it's just dull.

Pennywise

I hate how to americans everything is about race

it is fucking boring

I mean the term race alone is a joke, it's just a term without taxonomic value.
Creating different categories without any real differences...

Oh dear, the Persona stream is starting soon.

Pls don't live like this.

Sell one pair of your $800 shoes and buy food + dragon ball dvd set

It isn't the clothes. Going out is killing me. I am dropping hundreds everynight out. I need to cut back my drinking :(((

Next Tuesday, I am gonna preorder Xenoverse, order the sets, and spend a lot of money on ham and cheese from my new cheese website. That will be a great day.

FootballFan

It isn't the clothes. Going out is killing me. I am dropping hundreds everynight out. I need to cut back my drinking :(((

Next Tuesday, I am gonna preorder Xenoverse, order the sets, and spend a lot of money on ham and cheese from my new cheese website. That will be a great day.

That really does sound like a great day haha

Awesome that you're getting dragon ball xenoverse though, it will be great.

But stop drinking too much m8. How much are drinks over there?

scabro

I would be shocked if we don't finish 3rd. The competition is just too weak to accept any less.

I think the Schneiderlin ship has sailed. There's been plenty of time to get a deal done in the past year. It just hasn't happened. No reason to see that changing. Time to find more realistic targets.

wut

the only reason we didn't get him last summer was because Wenger waited too goddamn long like always and Southampton had already sold half their team. We had already talked to Morgan but they weren't gonna let anyone else leave. He was never go this jan, but he is gone next summer. If we sort it out early enough theres no reason for him not to be out first signing next summer.

what an angle

That really does sound like a great day haha

Awesome that you're getting dragon ball xenoverse though, it will be great.

But stop drinking too much m8. How much are drinks over there?

Local korean drinks are cheap, but it is the foreign stuff and bottles in bars that kill me.

I've never really put much thought into Milan's downfall.

Who is to blame?

The blame is on Silvio/ Galliani.

Milan's stratergy this century has been to buy "champions". These are players who are pushing on in age, but are still world class and can still offer a few years of service. Think Stam, Rui Costa, Crespo,and Rivaldo. This strategy worked really well and won them two CL titles and A second place. But when you are buying players 29+ then you are never really gonna challenge for the league and they only won it twice with Carlo. But the CL was always more important so the league could be sacrificed.

Milan then tried to become a quasi galacto team, buying old "champions" who still had marketing opportunities such as Ronaldinho and Ronaldo. The definition of "champions" was then changed to players who were available on the cheap but could hopefully put past issues aside and find their former glory.

As Milan stands now, the definition of "champion" seems to be just anyone with a name and who is available cheap. There is no long term planning and the signings of the last five years have been awful, except of Ibra.

Milan are always worried about their image, that is why they signed Torres. A shit player but everyone knows him so it makes Milan look important for a bit.

Leonardo is really missed at that club.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
The South Park game has been pretty fun, but I'm glad it's almost ending, the combat isn't nearly as fun as Paper Mario or Mario and Luigi and I hate Canada.

GorillaJu

I should read Inherent Vice. I read Crying Lot and enjoyed it, but then I tried V. and found it to be pretty impenetrable. Heard the same of Gravity's Rainbow.

Lol. God damn.

Impenetrable is a pretty good word for Pynchon's writing, but that's only before you've gotten used to it. Once you have, it's easy to just let it take your mind where it wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom