• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin Odegaard set up two goals as Real Madrid wonderkid makes debut for B-team before being named in Carlo Ancelotti's Champions League squad

It begins.

jBX8nGI.png

KidJr

"You’re born, you take shit. Get out in the world, you take more shit. Climb a little higher, take less shit. Till one day you’re up in the rarified atmosphere and you’ve forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake, son."

Sensational. Love this quote.

inky

24.5m in Mexico

I haven't met a single City fan in my entire life. Chelsea and Arsenal are the popular clubs here, with United seeing a surge after the Chicha signing, which has subsided a lot since then.

Suggesting 1/5th of the nation's population is a City "fan" is beyond ridiculous. Chivas and America, the more popular clubs in Mexico by far, have around 35-30m fans each.

Meier

Does City often sell out their stadium? There always seems to be empty seats whenever I watch them on TV.

I think the team averages like 98.9% sold or something but clearly a lot of season ticket holders don't show up to some of the games.

Linius

Yeah, no show percentage is usually pretty high for big clubs. Ajax sells out most games but a lot of season ticket holders don't show up for all kinds of reasons.

Brobdingnagian, indeed.

fanbase-graphic-249897.jpg

I think these "fans" are calculated in the same way as that old United supporter number. 689m or whatever it was.

It seems like the Catalan magazine 'Sport' have all of a sudden become experts in all things Manchester City and the city of Manchester in general.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manchester-city-fanbase-up-523-manchester-united-fanbase-down-19

On Tuesday they had a feature on Manchester City's magnificent new headquarters set-up. That's certainly a good news story and Sport managed to up the ante by showing before and after pictures of the site but managing to find their before ones from a period which looks like Manchester struggling to find itself post industrial revolution. To anyone who hadn't visited the city, and the article was sent out to a Catalan audience, it appeared Manchester City held some kind of credit for the difference between the periods. A little over the top you may think.

On Wednesday, Manchester City are again praised for their performance off the pitch and this time it's perhaps a little more interesting than even saving their city from a post industrial hell. Sport explain that Manchester City's fanbase has soared to an approximate 200m, and they say that's an increase of 523%

Interesting figures from that include 72.5m in China, 34.6m in Indonesia. 24.5m in Mexico and 10.1m in United Kingdom. Of course, the figures in terms of numbers will never be concrete and will receive mockery but there can be little doubt that Manchester City's fanbase has been increasing hugely. Those fans won't all be committed followers but rather those who follow the club more loosely.

Sport show a graph which demonstrates Manchester City's growth in worldwide appeal compared to some other European clubs. Bayern Munich have grown over the past few years, which would be of little surprise, but so have Liverpool despite still struggling to get back to the top of the tree and stay there.

Manchester United are down 19% but there's no explanation of who has audited the figures, so many people will take it all with a pinch of salt.

B8_mUnnIgAAtyoH.jpg

B8_mUnOIMAIgZ_G.jpg

Congratulations on being the cause of industrial revolution in Manchester.

L1NETT

amazing that there are twice as many manchester city fans as there are people in yorkshire

thanks, random catalan newspaper

get all my 'facts' from there

Salvadora

Usually you can dismiss a lot of the mud being thrown around in rivalries, but United fans are right, Manchester City comes across as desperately small time.

It's embarrassing.

(I know it was a Spanish newspaper, I'm talking generally).

inky

"Chicharito se queda aquí. Le necesitamos. No sé cuántos minutos. No tengo que hablar con él. Me ha dicho que está contento, y si tiene una oportunidad, lo va a aprovechar. Ha demostrado una profesionalidad muy grande, y se lo agradezco".

H7bIKlW.png

MMD_443820_chicharito_se_ha_quedado_aqui_porque_lo_necesitamos.jpg

Bold One

Usually you can dismiss a lot of the mud being thrown around in rivalries, but United fans are right, Manchester City comes across as desperately small time.

It's embarrassing.

(I know it was a Spanish newspaper, I'm talking generally).

City do run a pretty pervasive PR campaign, I should know, my brother's GF works for them

They weren't good jackets tbf.

But I understand rvy was trying to buy a properly warm winter coat and it's hard to find fashionable coats that are mainly built to be functional.

pulga

Banned
If by assists you mean he set-up the play then yeah.

Either way all about dat #AsensioOdegaardLeeFuture.

According to twitter he assisted two, but there's only one I can actually make out clearly from that shit video quality.

Bold One

so much comic book stuff is starting to reach saturation point, something as massive comic book fan I never thought I would say.

Blablurn

so much comic book stuff is starting to reach saturation point, something as massive comic book fan I never thought I would say.

For a comic book fan who is following the scene since 30-40 years it must be crazy to see something like avengers being one of the biggest movies of all time in terms of money and attendance. who expected that???

Slizz

It kinda sucks especially because 95% of it is Superhero comic stuff.

Would much rather see Vertigo and Image comics made into some sort of TV show or movie.

Salvadora

Comic book fans are running rampant in OT.

It's sickening.

wait wait guys, who would win in a fight between Squirrel Girl and Silver Age Superman????

Wilbur

Banned
Bit rich for a bunch of people on a video game forum who spend their days playing Imagine Me Naked II: Incest Roleplay to complain about the plethora of super hero topics

just ignore them innit

Esch

Banned
Bit rich for a bunch of people on a video game forum who spend their days playing Imagine Me Naked II: Incest Roleplay to complain about the plethora of super hero topics

just ignore them innit
I agree, who cares

Let them boys live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom