• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football 2014/2015 |OT13| Lightning returns, check your PMs, there is no kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

Was just about to ask you guys if its gonna be any good.

It can't be worse than their current TV output. I expect it to be better, but I can't really say.

so much comic book stuff is starting to reach saturation point, something as massive comic book fan I never thought I would say.

I don't really have this problem. In the comic book world there has always been more stuff to read that I can handle. I still have stuff like Y The Last Man and Preacher that I'll try to get to some day.

If I ever really get to that point where I feel it's too much for my sanity I'll just forget they are there, and then in the future binge watch everything I've missed.

pulga

Banned
No one's here to play games anyway, just to argue about ones they haven't.

and then we have people who haven't even gone through that, that the only game they've ever played is Pokemon and fucking Donkey Kong 64, that their sole reason for existing in this forum has been and always will be the Football Thread.

Guess who
baY5mNu.png

Slizz

It can't be worse than their current TV output. I expect it to be better, but I can't really say.

I don't really have this problem. In the comic book world there has always been more stuff to read that I can handle. I still have stuff like Y The Last Man and Preacher that I'll try to get to some day.

If I ever really get to that point where I feel it's too much for my sanity I'll just forget they are there, and then in the future binge watch everything I've missed.

These are the ones you should be getting to ASAP, then continue on with more Vertigo, Dark Horse and Image comics. So much better than most of the cape stuff.

CCS

Banned
and then we have people who haven't even gone through that, that the only game they've ever played is Pokemon and fucking Donkey Kong 64, that their sole reason for existing in this forum has been and always will be the Football Thread.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure that 90% of my posts are in this thread.

Salvadora

i'm more a purveyor of interactive entertainment than a video gamer.

at least I play my little sister can't be this cute: xtreme gotg edition in private.

it's just annoying have to wade through the billion inane threads relating to marvel that spring up on a daily basis.

please understand wilbur

pulga

Banned
These are the ones you should be getting to ASAP, then continue on with more Vertigo, Dark Horse and Image comics. So much better than most of the cape stuff.

Preacher
4TfeeGW.png

As bla would say, that comic was a life-changer. Once you become acquainted with Arseface, there's no going back.

inky

Bit rich for a bunch of people on a video game forum who spend their days playing Imagine Me Naked II: Incest Roleplay to complain about the plethora of super hero topics

just ignore them innit

I'd agree to an extent, but as someone who was 'a regular' in the Marvel threads, the amount of Marvel fanboys that want to make a new thread whenever an actor farts, and the pseudo-intellectual movie critics that are above all the comic book conveyor belt movies yet it's all they ever talk about (and for some odd reason think Man of Steel is any better) have made every one of those threads a terrible place to visit.

So yea, some people just take it too far.

pulga

Banned
I'd agree to an extent, but as someone who was 'a regular' in the Marvel threads, the amount of Marvel fanboys that want to make a new thread whenever an actor farts, and the pseudo-intellectual movie critics that are above all the comic book conveyor belt movies yet it's all they ever talk about (and for some odd reason think Man of Steel is any better) have made every one of those threads a terrible place to visit.

So yea, some people just take it too far.

Neoxon innit. I waded into the MCU thread the other day only to find out he's "reserved" every MCU movie OT until 2019 or something. Some guy even asked him permission to take one off his hands, and he responded he'd allow it if he could get his hands on the rights to the Black Panther thread or something such. :lol :lol

I haven't turned on my ps3 in a very long time, I'm not sure if it even works. Just gathers dust.

I simply dont have time or interest in games anymore. Unless its StarCraft 2 which I pick and play every once or twice a year.

Fuck, I used to play so much PC games, ouf. I sold one of my WoW accounts for 1.4k - lol I'm very proud of this "achievement".

I was also beastly in CS 1.6 - had tournaments and shit. God knows where I found the time for all this, ahh to be a teenager again.

Now it's about mortgages, bill payments, career paths, etc. Football is my only escape. Fuckers got me thinking now.

scabro

maybe its due to their normally socially unacceptable hobby suddenly becoming somewhat socially acceptable through movies and tv. They can't help themselves.

Ive never read comics so the surge of stuff doesnt bother me. I quite enjoy the movies and some of the shows.

And what would be wrong with joining GAF just for a OT type thread or community? I started out read gaming side for news and shit until i discovered everything else. And i still just read the rest of the forum for a long time before i joined, but i would never have joined if it was just gaming side.

QhiL9jZ.png

Do it Arsene. Fine him, sell him. We won't buy him though.

youd be first in line breh

inky

Sure, but I'd like to give them the proper attention. And it's not like I'm reading every comic book out there in favor of those. Heck, the last couple of things I read were Thor God of Thunder and some Hawkguy last couple of years. Great art on both btw (Esad Ribic <3), but that's the kind of reading you can get done on a random Thursday and don't feel like you've missed anything important.

I remember when I read Sandman it was pretty much at night at candle light with my undivided attention, and I don't really have those moments so often anymore. Heck, I'm supposed to be "working" atm, yet I'm here on GAF arguing comics with footy fans LOL.

Neoxon innit. I waded into the MCU thread the other day only to find out he's "reserved" every MCU movie OT until 2019 or something. Some guy even asked him permission to take one off his hands, and he responded he'd allow it if he could get his hands on the rights to the Black Panther thread or something such. :lol :lol

Yea, I posted about that here as well :lol That's the kind of guy that makes you pretend you don't know anything about the subject when someone asks. I'm normal, I swear!

pulga

Banned
And what would be wrong with joining GAF just for a OT type thread or community? I started out read gaming side for news and shit until i discovered everything else. And i still just read the rest of the forum for a long time before i joined, but i would never have joined if it was just gaming side.

Nothing, I just like poking fun at Wilbur for his non-existant gamer cred
BwNL0oP.png

FootieGAF is the only reason I check GAF more than once a day.
Absolutely. Everywhere else on GAF is a place I rarely check when there's nothing happening in this thread.

I haven't turned on my ps3 in a very long time, I'm not sure if it even works. Just gathers dust.

I simply dont have time or interest in games anymore.
Yes! YES!

Whenever I even would have time for a game, I just pick up a book instead.

I think I played maybe 3 games at all in 2014, and I completed none of them. I don't even miss the experiences.

Salvadora

No way, that's third best. Middle one for me, can't go wrong with a blonde with boobs.
They're just bags of sand.

One on the far right looks like the typical one with the best personality who's been dragged along by her 24/7 party mates (the other two).

Hixx

all three are stunners

i'd have to say no to all so i didn't upset the other two, clearly
o3abnfi.png

such a gentleman

*doffs ... what the fuck are those hats?? trilby??*

CCS

Banned
Van Gaal being charged is fair, for a minute I was really confused because I thought it was related to the game last night and I didn't remember him saying anything bad.

Bold One

For a comic book fan who is following the scene since 30-40 years it must be crazy to see something like avengers being one of the biggest movies of all time in terms of money and attendance. who expected that???

It is great, seriously, I never thought I would see Iron Man make it to the big screen in my life-time but seeing The Avengers fully realised and successful is truly a vindication of my childhood.

It kinda sucks especially because 95% of it is Superhero comic stuff.

Would much rather see Vertigo and Image comics made into some sort of TV show or movie.

Constantine is pretty decent, unfortunately a lot of the more obscure DC Vertigo stuff is not very well known

My issue with it like in my original post is the saturation point we're about to reach, I don't love superheroes any less, I just dont want it to be so damn ubiquitous studios start churning them off a conveyor belt Ubisoft style.

There are currently about a dozen or comic book Tv shows being made not to mention a staggering amount of cinematic Universes that will extended till 2022 and beyond.

Its all getting a bit much/

pulga

Banned
They're just bags of sand.

One on the far right looks like the typical one with the best personality who's been dragged along by her 24/7 party mates (the other two).

I didn't say I wanted a girlfriend m8, that's just the one I want to obliterate the most with my humble phallus
o3abnfi.png

The one on the left has nice cheekbones, but no personality.

The one in the middle is the best looking, but the most boring in bed. She's the sort of woman who writhes in ecstasy when you kiss her shoulder, but lays their like a suffocated sardine when you get down to business.

The one on the right really wants a husband, two kids, and a Volvo.

Go with the one on the left.

CCS

Banned
Fact: if you want the best sex, go for the slightly chubby girls with emotional issues. Freaks in the sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom