• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

Wilbur

Banned
I don't even care that I love him, AVB shouldn't get the flak for that. I'd have said that about Wenger if it was the other way round.

Was brave coming out after half time with that system, and they didn't get annihilated like the end of the first half was looking like. They definitely need another striker so Defoe isn't the default when Ade's being a cunt.

If they'd beaten Wigan it would have been better, losing like they did against City and Arsenal wouldn't have been too bad if they had beaten Wigan.

jtb

Banned
Ramsey's never been the same after the leg break. Wilshere's emergence basically forced him out of the side and onto the right.

Kyoufu

You're right. This is Football GAF after all. Reactionary posts rule the world.

Fuck Nani

I agree reactionary posts are crazy but I'm not being reactionary. He was decent last season but because RVP was "the man" then Arsenal fans didn't appreciate him.

Now they get to appreciate him.

Wilbur

Banned
I agree reactionary posts are crazy but I'm not being reactionary. He was decent last season but because RVP was "the man" then Arsenal fans didn't appreciate him.

Now they get to appreciate him.

Nah. He's a decent player with an eye for goal. Certainly nowhere near a great player.

Clegg

The only Arsenal player I don't rate is Giroud.

Walcott can be decent as can Vermaelen.

I'm not mentioning Santos because he's a five-a-side player masking as a pro.

Wilbur

Banned
The only Arsenal player I don't rate is Giroud.

Walcott can be decent at times as can Vermaelen.

I'm not mentioning Santos because he's a five-a-side player masking as a pro.

Nah, Giroud is good. He's got good movement, hold up play, strong in the air, technically quite good. I rate him.

Vermaelen I don't rate at all; his positional sense is awful for a defender. Gets away with it sometimes at left back but when he plays in the centre his limitations defensively are woefully exposed.

sohois

Is Walcott any good as a striker? Juve are continually linked with him but I can't fathom why.

It's always been suggested by some that Walcott will truly realise his potential by moving to the centre as a striker, kind of like Henry did before him, though there is precious little real evidence to go on since he has rarely played in that position. It would be a risk for sure, but even if it didn't work out he can function as a decent winger.

I don't even care that I love him, AVB shouldn't get the flak for that. I'd have said that about Wenger if it was the other way round.

Was brave coming out after half time with that system, and they didn't get annihilated like the end of the first half was looking like. They definitely need another striker so Defoe isn't the default when Ade's being a cunt.

Yeah, it was midfield and upfront where Spurs were dominating until Adebayor went insane. The mistake AVB made was waiting. He should have gone something like 3-4-2 immediately and got someone else to "be Adebayor," playing between the midfield and up front and holding it up and that. By the time he made the call the game was already over and Spurs had nothing to hold on to.

lol, though.

jtb

Banned
Hopefully this win can spark a run of form, but I doubt it. Circumstances decided this game more than a particularly great performance.

Vermaelen is a poor defender. Giving him the captaincy was a big mistake.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
When you give someone an 8 year contract, you give him TOO much trust/security. That can't be good?
It's always been suggested by some that Walcott will truly realise his potential by moving to the centre as a striker, kind of like Henry did before him, though there is precious little real evidence to go on since he has rarely played in that position. It would be a risk for sure, but even if it didn't work out he can function as a decent winger.

Let's assume we (Juve) are going to move him to the centre. His attributes makes him a second striker, which means he's going to compete with Vucinic (Conte loves him) and Giovinco (youth product).

Not going to happen.

Doesn't seem like there's much value in the market today if you don;t include the Premier League. I was gonna do a dry bet™, but its not even worth doing that

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
NEWCASTTLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE. Let's do this baby!

Chicha interview after the Arsenal game on ESPN is awesome.

Chicha is awesome.

Chicha.

His English is good, it's disappointing. I wanted him to be this cool, Mexican mute.

We still have Aguero I guess.

Interesting analysis of the goals by Sky there. Spurs had 5 or 6 players behind the ball for each of the first half goals they conceded, suggesting the Adebayor red card may not have made that much of a difference.

I would argue, however, that the red card forced Spurs to sit deep and concede possession to Arsenal

Bitscores perfect for me

High praise for Gerrard's hatrick against Everton last season

'The best Premier League performance I've ever seen. Not just in the derby, the best I've ever seen'

If they'd beaten Wigan it would have been better, losing like they did against City and Arsenal wouldn't have been too bad if they had beaten Wigan.

Exactly this, I can take those two results as we got 0 points from them last season anyway but the loss to Wigan was a joke, Adebayor should've started that game. Still, we've now got West Ham at home, Liverpool at Home and then a double bill of Everton and Fulham away...easy stuff.

Hopefully this win can spark a run of form, but I doubt it. Circumstances decided this game more than a particularly great performance.

Vermaelen is a poor defender. Giving him the captaincy was a big mistake.

Indeed, I think for both teams it was a poor game in that Arsenal only turned up when we went down to 10 men, it's a win yes but still not a performance Arsenal need to get their season going. For us we showed spirit in the second half but first half killed us, it highlighted that Gallas, Huddlestone and Dempsey should be nowhere near the first team.

Also whats the deal with Verm? I thought he was going to be the best in the league when he first joined, he looked very good, now he looks average.

Meier

Oh shit!! Just saw the score of the derby. Crazy! I said Ade would score if he played..didn't think he'd go and get himself a red though, lol.

I see Lloris was the starter too. I wonder if he'll complain about not starting the next game? Ouch.

Top Bottom