• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football |OT8| Gambling

RaGe_pt

AVB's Porto lost to Arsenal 5-0
AVB's Chelsea lost to Arsenal 5-3
AVB's Tottenham lost to Arsenal 5-2.

:/

Wrong. AVB's Porto never played against Arsenal. That was Jesualdo Ferreira's Porto against Arsenal, the year before AVB came to manage our team.

sohois

Sterling's been absolutely anonymous. Must be knackered after England.

Even if he weren't, you just can't expect a 17 yr old to come in and produce every single game, there will inevitably be bad games even without the influence of tiredness. Of course, in that situation you would rotate around, but the only person to come on this time is Cole. And with Enrique uncomfortable as well, Liverpool are really stuck at the moment. Perhaps they will hav to move one of Hendo, Gerrard or Shelvey into the front 3 to get around the problem.

Tc91

Alex, an angry QPR fan, via text on 81111: "So with QPR losing to Southampton, they will now need 1.5 points a game to even hit 40 points. Congratulations Hughes, you've managed to relegate a club after 12 games."

Hope they go down after that seeing that documentary joke of a club.

faridmon

Hannover is losing at home against Freiburg. Bloody hell, be good or be crap you bums. at least Dortmund is winning as well as Hamburg...

Don't be ridiculous, he was good, did more than Suso did in half of the time (not to knock Suso who had very little space to work with)

Suso had a good shot, a decent run and shot which was blocked and fucked up an easy header by not looking at the ball. Henderson has kept the ball well, and pressed with a lot of intensity. Not sure how you came to your conclusion

Wigan players are all going down incredibly easily

sohois

I'm not being ridiculous, just saying I forgot he was on the pitch.

Fair enough, just too used to seeing some blindly slagging off people like Henderson and Enrique just because I suppose.

Suso had a good shot, a decent run and shot which was blocked and fucked up an easy header by not looking at the ball. Henderson has kept the ball well, and pressed with a lot of intensity. Not sure how you came to your conclusion

Wigan players are all going down incredibly easily

I don't recall the run and shot Suso had, but in any case the judgment was based off of how little Suso saw of the ball, he never seemed to be in a position to pick it up and distribute unfortunately.

Fair enough, just too used to seeing some blindly slagging off people like Henderson and Enrique just because I suppose.

I don't recall the run and shot Suso had, but in any case the judgment was based off of how little Suso saw of the ball, he never seemed to be in a position to pick it up and distribute unfortunately.

Enrique is genuinely losing the ball or stopping our momentum every time he gets the ball though. Possibly the worst player I've ever seen regarding the amount of time it takes him to figure out what he wants to do with the ball. When you see players like Alonso and Scholes who figure out every touch and pass before the ball even reaches them, it blows my mind when I see Enrique need about 8 touches before playing the ball.

edit: I said 'the ball' 5 times in that small paragraph. Back to GCSE English I go

LTWheels

Henderson is not playing in Suso's position, Gerrard is. Henderson has been brought on to press in the midfield and redistribute the ball.

RaGe_pt

Good because that was kinda creepy. :0

Yeah! When AVB went to Chelsea with only one week left to the start of the new season I thought we were going to have a very rough year last season. It's true that we were eliminated in the Champions League but we managed to win the Portuguese Supercup and the Portuguese League. Our president, when AVB left, the day after he left said something like: "I'm not worried about it, I saw Vitor Pereira coaching and he was the one who actually intervened during the training, so he's going to suceed here of course". I'm actually starting to trully believe in it.

Meier

Nice chance by Tevez.. shot looked closer in real time than in the replay. Thought he had it.

FUUUUUU!!! Incredible pass by Silva.. Kun has to score that.

ACK! Toure had a surefire goal that Vlaar got in front of.

Wilbur

Banned
Holy fuck, goals everywhere.

Great finish by Suarez, nice bit of pace by Sterling to set it up. And header by someone for Reading... didn't see who but it was a good header.

Top Bottom