• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

dc89

jovetic better not have a muscle injury. That will be the cherry on top. Fuck me, Jojo, you were meant to be the chosen one.

Meier

jovetic better not have a muscle injury. That will be the cherry on top. Fuck me, Jojo, you were meant to be the chosen one.

Seems to be conflicting reports. Lopes' tweet made it seem like he may have been the one to pick up an injury. Who knows. Either way, it sucks. I wanted to see both of them playing.

Slizz

There's football on people, where art thou?

Let's be having ya!

Too busy being excited for Miami approving a resolution today, allowing our Mayor to look for locations and negotiate with developers for a soccer-specific stadium.

Miami United Football Club is happening MUFC baby.

@Meier its rivalry time even more so now.

Meier

Too busy being excited for Miami approving a resolution today, allowing our Mayor to look for locations and negotiate with developers for a soccer-specific stadium.

Miami United Football Club is happening MUFC baby.

@Meier its rivalry time even more so now.

Should be good! I wonder if y'all will be able to get in by 2015 as well or if it'll be 2016. Pretty clever by Beckham to stick with the MUFC name if that ends up being the case.

Kolarov with a beauty of a FK. So good.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Their defensive shape is really impressive.

WHOA

Capitano Neuer bailed out Bayern for the 2nd time in 20 mins
It's a necessary step. The players will learn from this and win the treble next year.

ARKON WHATS UP BABY GURL

Slizz

Should be good! I wonder if y'all will be able to get in by 2015 as well or if it'll be 2016. Pretty clever by Beckham to stick with the MUFC name if that ends up being the case.

Kolarov with a beauty of a FK. So good.

All signs are pointing towards that being the case. Beckham registered a bunch of names recently, MUFC being one of them.

Meier

All signs are pointing towards that being the case. Beckham registered a bunch of names recently, MUFC being one of them.

I had heard the Miami United but hadn't heard for sure they'd go with the Football Club part. With Orlando City being "Soccer Club", there's another little bit of a rivalry in the name alone.

Zabaleta injured too?

I have no sound but it looked that way. dc said we should play Milner at RB to keep Zaba fresh.. seems like he was right on. :| Boyata coming on.

Slizz

I had heard the Miami United but hadn't heard for sure they'd go with the Football Club part. With Orlando City being "Soccer Club", there's another little bit of a rivalry in the name alone.

I have no sound but it looked that way. dc said we should play Milner at RB to keep Zaba fresh.. seems like he was right on. :| Boyata coming on.

I'm impressed with the Orlando support. Tons of people from Orlando are commenting all over MLS Miami stuff on FB and on articles, all positive.

dc89

Season is unravelling with these injuries.
What the fuck did I say Engineer?

I SAID PLAY FUCKING MILNER AT RB.
I SAID YOU WILL BREAK ZABA

HE IS BROKEN.

Feorax

5 live was saying it looked like a hamstring injury. Really unfortunate, not the time of year for that kind of injury, as we well know.

dc89

5 live was saying it looked like a hamstring injury. Really unfortunate, not the time of year for that kind of injury, as we well know.

Pellegrini is not a GAF reader - confrirmed.

Oh and look another muscle injury. Alarming number of muscle injuries at City this season.

Aguero and Kompany - calf
Rodwell - hamstring
Jojo - every muscle in his sweet body

LTWheels

Suddenly our inevitable title win has been relegated to pointlessness :(

Yep. Way more important things to contemplate now. Literally no one fit left at neighbours.

image.jpg

Feorax

Pellegrini is not a GAF reader - confrirmed.

Oh and look another muscle injury. Alarming number of muscle injuries at City this season.

Aguero and Kompany - calf
Rodwell - hamstring
Jojo - every muscle in his sweet body

So against us, it's likely to be:

Pantillimon; Richards, Kompany, DeMichelis, Richards; Toure, Fernandinho, Nasri, Navas; Negredo, Dzeko.

That's potentially still enough to batter us at the Etihad..

dalVlatko

De Bruyne does not do himself any favors when he gets chances to prove himself.

Mikel needs to be replaced ASAP. Even his teammates are getting annoyed when he decides to pass it back rather than push the ball forward.

Meier

Pantillimon; Richards, Kompany, DeMichelis, Richards; Toure, Fernandinho, Nasri, Navas; Negredo, Dzeko.

Richards got injured against Bayern.. can't imagine he'll be healthy enough to play against you guys. Probably out for a month or so as you'd expect. Have no clue what we'll do about RB. Boyata would absolutely get merked.

arkon

Their defensive shape is really impressive.

WHOA

Capitano Neuer bailed out Bayern for the 2nd time in 20 mins

ARKON WHATS UP BABY GURL

Nothing much. Been gaming a lot more in the last few weeks than watching any football. Mostly FTL and Mario 3D Land. Debating whether to pick up Spelunky.

Feorax

Richards got injured against Bayern.. can't imagine he'll be healthy enough to play against you guys. Probably out for a month or so as you'd expect. Have no clue what we'll do about RB. Boyata would absolutely get merked.

Oh, wow. Three at the back maybe?

Not been amazingly successful for City in recent history, but could work in a 3-4-3 if Pellegrini knows what he's doing.

dc89

Milner at RB. Seriously. It has to be done in this instance. He has the energy and the discipline to play that attacking RB role.

DZEKOOOO.

Jm7 assist.

De Bruyne does not do himself any favors when he gets chances to prove himself.

Mikel needs to be replaced ASAP. Even his teammates are getting annoyed when he decides to pass it back rather than push the ball forward.

I think De Bruyne is not best suited to the prem. He looks like he needs more time and space to produce the goods. Maybe he will get better with time as he gets accustomed to the pace of the league.

Top Bottom