• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

RaikuHebi

Banned
At some point it goes from trying to keep spirits up, to pulling the wool over the fans' eyes and exploiting their loyalty. He's taking the piss here

He's telling the damn truth though. This is exactly what I've said about us the last 3 years. It happened last year too. Swansea in this competition was the same story.

We absolutely dominate games, Barcelona style, but we only lead 1 or 2 nil, and as soon as the opposition get 1 chance the whole thing is changed.

Feorax

@TonyBarretTimes: Liverpool MD Ian Ayre today travelled to Barcelona to open talks with Pere Guardiola over a possible new deal for Luis Suarez.

Who wants to bet the release clause is the first thing drafted?

He's telling the damn truth though. This is exactly what I've said about us the last 3 years. It happened last year too. Swansea in this competition was the same story.

We absolutely dominate games, Barcelona style, but we only lead 1 or 2 nil, and as soon as the opposition get 1 chance the whole thing is changed.
Barcelona style? Sunderland ended that game with 55% possession.

Hixx

Poyet's two subs changed the game. Gardner is so bad. Ki is ace. Swap them and what happened...?

Yeah Wes Brown was immense again, Cattermole was excellent and Giaccherini is starting to show form. He was the best player on the pitch today. Better than Willian, De Bruyne and that other one they have who cost about £3trillion combined.

Mind until Ki came on we were abysmal. Gardner cannot play in that 3 and I legit hope we sell AJ in January. Contributes the bare minimum and must be a huge drain on wages. Dossena is shocking. Celustka was surprisingly poor. Larsson was Larsson and Jozy was quite poor for most of the first 90.

Though if we don't beat Norwich tonight will mean nothing to me.

Hixx

In fairness Sunderland are pretty good this season so its not that unexpected.

sesslolseu07.gif

Feorax

Pls no

A release clause for an invaluable player who will attract wanted interest from more than one club will not end well for us

Unless it's like £85m

He may not sign without one.

That being said, I expect it will be a massive fee, and only in the event of failing to qualify for the CL.

There was some issue that Stevie apparently had a "highest earner" clause in his contract. I would imaging he won't be that arsed being second highest though if it means Suarez stays put.

Rumoured wage is £200k pw. Fucking bargain in his current form.

Baki

He may not sign without one.

That being said, I expect it will be a massive fee, and only in the event of failing to qualify for the CL.

There was some issue that Stevie apparently had a "highest earner" clause in his contract. I would imaging he won't be that arsed being second highest though if it means Suarez stays put.

Rumoured wage is £200k pw. Fucking bargain in his current form.

Nah, he feels betrayed by Brendan. It will be an unconditional release clause. Probably something realistic like £50m.

wedward

I can't imagine Suarez signs anything that doesn't let him leave if Liverpool don't come top 4. I think he will wait till this summer before signing anything.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Tottenham Hotspur striker Emmanuel Adebayor will be brought back into the fold by interim manager Tim Sherwood having been all but frozen out under Andre Villas-Boas, who was sacked yesterday.
Adebayor is in the squad for tomorrow's Capital One Cup quarter-final at home to West Ham, although no decision has yet been made on whether he will be sufficiently match-fit to play a part – either in the starting XI or from the bench. Having taken training for two days, the new Spurs management team will assess their options tomorrow.
It was felt that Adebayor was badly off the pace when he was thrown into last month’s game against Manchester City at half-time, the only first team action he has seen all season. However, Sherwood rates the player, now in his third season at Spurs, and feels that he has a major part to play in the push for Champions League football this season.

As always with Ade some serious shit has to go down for him to motivate himself. I hope he takes the chance, he was our best player in Harry's final season, 18 goals and 12 assists.

Feorax

As always with Ade some serious shit has to go down for him to motivate himself. I hope he takes the chance, he was our best player in Harry's final season, 18 goals and 12 assists.

I think Ade in front of Siggy, Eriksen and Lamela is theoretically your best front 4 right now.

Top Bottom