• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

faridmon

Being attracted to an actual woman for once is the least of your concerns.

bigchloehowl.jpg

We got a badass over here

Lightning

Banned
Why do you care? According to you he shouldn't be starting.

Against Chelsea we will probably see:

-----Giroud
Santi Ozil Theo
Arteta Ramsey
He shouldn't be starting but still a really dumb thing to be banned for and he's still an idiot.

Against City he was one of the worst players on the pitch and he had a rest against Napoli. Pathetic.

wedward

He shouldn't be starting but still a really dumb thing to be banned for and he's still an idiot.

Against City he was one of the worst players on the pitch and he had a rest against Napoli. Pathetic.

How is it pathetic? Players have bad games. Ozil has bad games. You just like to take out your anger on Jack.

I am sure the City fans deserved the finger.

faridmon

How is it pathetic? Players have bad games. Ozil has bad games. You just like to take out your anger on Jack.

I am sure the City fans deserved the finger.

He had a lot more terrible games where acted like a drama queen and all. If showing frustration while being bad on the pitch is not pathetic, then I don't know what it is.

City fans may or may deserve it, but that doesn't make it OK!

Salazar

Yes, bringing on Santi really would have helped that left flank.

Title contenders under notoriously boffin-ish manager unable to make any tactical change to remedy specific threat from opposition.

"Wow, we are getting fucked down our left"

"Never mind, we will keep on weakly and belatedly counterpunching, and bring on Bendtner and Gnabry for the coup de grace".

He had a lot more terrible games where acted like a drama queen and all. If showing frustration while being bad on the pitch is not pathetic, then I don't know what it is.

City fans may or may deserve it, but that doesn't make it OK!

Yep

Playing badly: fine. Annoying, but easily forgivable
Getting muscled off the ball and lying on the floor in despair as the tackler waltzes 30 yards into your box and scores: Pathetic

wedward

Title contenders under notoriously boffin-ish manager unable to make any tactical change to remedy specific threat from opposition.

"Wow, we are getting fucked down our left"

"Never mind, we will keep on weakly and belatedly counterpunching, and bring on Bendtner and Gnabry for the coup de grace".

We were getting hammered by them. No tactical change was going to stop that. Its not like we were only getting exposed down the left. They overran us in the midfield.

Why didn't Moyes make any tactical changes?

Fits in perfectly with the rest of the team.

I agree with you most of the time, but not here bruv.

They're not exactly Roy Keanes, but everyone in your first 11 grits their teeth and gets on with things except for Wilshere now. He's the only one this season who's been jogging about bemoaning every little thing that doesn't go his way, spitting his dummy out and generally being petulant

Lightning

Banned
Jacky is the current Arsenal whipping boy.

His behaviour on and off the field doesn't help him.
Jack could learn from Ramsey. Jack has not played consistently well since his injury, I understand he needs time, but unlike Aaron who quietly got on with it Jack continues to bring the wrong sort of attention to himself. Similar to during the international break where he made that silly comment regarding which players should be picked for England. Needs to shut up and not draw attention.

That's why I'm unimpressed with Merte. Leave that shit in the dressing room, now Ozil has been reamed the last few days on it.

Carbonox

Gillian Anderson on the Jonathan Ross Show

tumblr_ls68bhtB5J1qzzsapo1_500.gif

pls lord

pls let me murk someone half as steak sauce as her

Edit:

shes single

ibsxdgSsMIQ7b6.gif

squirtle

Jack could learn from Ramsey. Jack has not played consistently well since his injury, I understand he needs time, but unlike Aaron who quietly got on with it Jack continues to bring the wrong sort of attention to himself. Similar to during the international break where he made that silly comment regarding which players should be picked for England. Needs to shut up and not draw attention.

That's why I'm unimpressed with Merte. Leave that shit in the dressing room, now Ozil has been reamed the last few days on it.

Ozil completely deserves it tbf. As a senior member of the squad, it is Mertesacker's job to keep players including Ozil on the straight and narrow, and that includes thanking the away support. Can't blame him for losing his shit when he was completely brushed off, it would have been a sign of weakness if anything to wait until Ozil was in the dressing room to give him what for. Plus, by then the fans would have been gone I think, and it would have been too late for Ozil to pay his dues.

Salvadora

Mertesacker should be made the Arsenal captain full-time.

Vermaelen never plays and Arteta (in my opinion) lacks the leadership qualities that Per appears to have. Arsenal need a German heart.

And I'm not going to feel sorry for Ozil. He's a highly paid professional footballer who has been in this game long enough to know how he should act.

wedward

Who cares though? This attention doesn't do anything. The cigarette, the England comments and now this don't really affect anything or anyone.

Same with the Ozil ordeal. Who gives a shit. Do the fans actually care? If they do they need to grow up.

jtb

Banned

I'm fine with Mertesacker doing that in public. Shows that at least some players care, otherwise it'd just be Wenger going on about it and we know that there is often a big gap in what Wenger says/believes about the dressing room (strong mental strength, etc.) and what is actually the case. Everyone knows Ozil's in the wrong, and there won't be any talk of dressing room split/dissent (which, imo, would be far more worrying than just a star player whining a bit—every star has their tantrums).

Agreed about Jack though. He seems to totally have bought into his own hype despite having not played up to that standard since coming back from injury. Wenger's partly to blame, though—he happily talked him up as the face of the club, the number 10 shirt, future captain, etc. after he had just missed a whole fucking season (!!!!) through injury. Jack's not in our best team at the moment and he should be keeping his head down and working hard to change that rather than constantly being petulant.

Lightning

Banned
I'm fine with Mertesacker doing that in public. Shows that at least some players care, otherwise it'd just be Wenger going on about it and we know that there is often a big gap in what Wenger says/believes about the dressing room (strong mental strength, etc.) and what is actually the case. Everyone knows Ozil's in the wrong, and there won't be any talk of dressing room split/dissent (which, imo, would be far more worrying than just a star player whining a bit—every star has their tantrums).

Agreed about Jack though. He seems to totally have bought into his own hype despite having not played up to that standard since coming back from injury. Wenger's partly to blame, though—he happily talked him up as the face of the club, the number 10 shirt, future captain, etc. after he had just missed a whole fucking season (!!!!) through injury. Jack's not in our best team at the moment and he should be keeping his head down and working hard to change that rather than constantly being petulant.
Regarding Ozil it's not that big a deal. Gibbs has done it too and this has never happened but because it's the superstar Ozil the standards appear to be different. To avoid negative press though best avoid such outbursts. Ozil clearly in the wrong but this much attention would not have been paid to it had Mertesacker not done what he did.

Jack thinks he's better than he really is. He's acting like he's a star of the team when in reality he's below our other midfielders and appears focused on things other than his football form. Aaron and Theo were targeted for negativity but Wilshere is acting like a cunt and bringing more negativity to himself. I won't miss him for these 2 games but he's a dumbass for the ban as it's a incredibly stupid ban.

valeo

Jack just has that petulant personality which comes out when things go wrong - the kinda guy that's almost too competitive for his own good; much like Wayne Rooney. Out of this Arsenal team, he's the only one that pisses me off in that regard.

Per is a legend for pulling up Ozil for his bullshit, in my opinion. It sets a marker for the rest of Ozil's Arsenal career - he now knows he can't get away with feeling sorry for himself and shirking his duties.

Top Bottom