• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Walshy

Hopefully shouldn't take too much effort to convince FSG to part with a bit of cash considering our league position. We have to make the most of this opportunity, although other than Salah, I'm not sure who we'll be targeting.
There is a few rumours going around. The broadsheet journalists seems to think we are going to go for an experienced box-to-box midfielder.

Salazar

Privately, Levy and the Spurs board are excited about what Sherwood has to offer. “He could be our [Pep] Guardiola”, observed one source in reference to the famed Bayern Munich manager, who made his name coaching Barcelona B before establishing a dynasty with the club’s first team

Spurs hierarchy pls

bjaelke

There is a few rumours going around. The broadsheet journalists seems to think we are going to go for an experienced box-to-box midfielder.

Fernando Reges has been mentioned a few times.

Karl @Karlton81
Apparently Luis Suarez's agent wasn't the only agent Ian Ayre met in Spain yesterday. Fernando Reges's agent also had talks. #LFC

Walshy

Fernando Reges has been mentioned a few times.

Karl @Karlton81
Apparently Luis Suarez's agent wasn't the only agent Ian Ayre met in Spain yesterday. Fernando Reges's agent also had talks. #LFC
Reges would be at a good price too, last year of his contract. Theres been rumours of Alonso too, can't see it though.

Feorax

Reges was being mentioned as far back as when Kenny was in charge in 2011. Makes me think we've been tracking him for some time.

bjaelke

Can't see Alonso happening either.

OrderlyAdorableGlassfrog.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs hierarchy pls

Obviously some hyperbole in there but Sherwood has done an exceptional job with our youth teams. Remember last season our U21 squad absolutely dicked on the entirety of the country regularly scoring 4, 5 or 6 goals in games, we were 2-0 up at Old Trafford in the final before Januzaj channeled Fergie's wrath towards Zeki Fryers.

I'm not saying I expect miracles from him but as a coach and technical director he has impressed within the club. It may or may not translate to the first team but for Levy to personally intercede and stop him from joining Blackburn last year shows that he has immense confidence in him. We had no problem letting Alex Inglethorpe go to Liverpool, but Levy insisted that Sherwood stay. The comparison to Guardiola is overstating things but Sherwood knows how to set up a team, how to develop young players and how to play attacking football. Managing a squad of international players is the biggest hurdle he has to overcome.

Mastadon

Banned
Obviously some hyperbole in there but Sherwood has done an exceptional job with our youth teams. Remember last season our U21 squad absolutely dicked on the entirety of the country regularly scoring 4, 5 or 6 goals in games, we were 2-0 up at Old Trafford in the final before Januzaj channeled Fergie's wrath towards Zeki Fryers.

I'm not saying I expect miracles from him but as a coach and technical director he has impressed within the club. It may or may not translate to the first team but for Levy to personally intercede and stop him from joining Blackburn last year shows that he has immense confidence in him. We had no problem letting Alex Inglethorpe go to Liverpool, but Levy insisted that Sherwood stay. The comparison to Guardiola is overstating things but Sherwood knows how to set up a team, how to develop young players and how to play attacking football. Managing a squad of international players is the biggest hurdle he has to overcome.

I said it earlier, but Sherwood gives off an impression of being very calm and composed. I hope he's given a chance.

Jack cw

I want us to sign Timo Werner in a year or two.

Just saying, don't know why.

You better sign a capable forward first. Is there anybody that could fit in Lewandowskis position at the moment?
This is NeoGAF. Of course it will go down at some point during the direct. It always does.

It will, when Iwata retires.
GAF goes down for all sorts of shit.

it didnt go down when Bayern won the CL :/

Really? As long as he isnt missing so many chances like Lewa he might be good and everyone is better than Schieber I guess.
Well I have no idea. He looks like he can be our main striker at some point, next summer might be a bit early, though. He's finally back in form after his injury and scores a lot in our second team, so let's wait for the second half of the season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Kevin Bond believes Tim Sherwood will be a big success as Tottenham’s interim boss and put himself firmly in the frame to land the job on a full-time basis.

Sherwood has been handed the reins temporarily following Andre Villas-Boas’ departure, which came after Spurs were humiliated at home by top four rivals Liverpool.

And the 44-year-old, who will be assisted by Les Ferdinand and Chris Ramsey, will not let the club down, according to Bond.

“I can see Tim turning around their fortunes,” the ex-Spurs assistant coach said, speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.

“Tim is very much his own man. He knows what he wants. I don’t think he will go in there and stand any messing around from the players.

“I think he will be ably assisted by Les and Chris Ramsay and I think they will do well, to be honest. I’ll be surprised if they don’t.”

Spurs struggled for goals under Villas-Boas but Bond believes Sherwood will adopt a more attacking approach and get the best out of the likes of Roberto Soldado.

“I think they have got a real good group of players there. Getting a few more goals is going to be the biggest task and I think they will do it," added Bond, now at QPR alongside Harry Redknapp.

“He will be out on the training ground every day. They all do their bit, Les, Chris and Tim. They work really well together as a team.

“Tim will be attacking. I believe he is very much for that. It was high tempo football in the time I saw him working.”

Everybody seems to think he has a chance of getting the job, hopefully the players perform tonight. We cannot lose at home again, not to the goblins of West Ham.

lol, Neymar is getting 3 extra days of vacations compared to the rest of the squad. scoring a couple of goals drained him out of energy,

i wonder how long till he's anemic again.

Top Bottom