• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Clegg

In what sense?
In the Irish sense its most definitely the abortion thing. We legislated for it with the patient x thing but its never been enforced due to the ties our political parties had with the church. That annoyed the piss out of me. A lot of heartache could have been spared if we'd done what was legislated for.

And the fact that I think the lecturers or out to get us.

Moodmon

Neo Member
Pfft, you guys do not know real pain until you have to sit through three months of phytochemistry lectures. Then just get one question on it come the exam.

Actually scratch that. Pharmacy practice practicals. Forget spoon, minus 2 marks. Thing is marked out of twenty. Man, you mistyped the name and it was minus 20. Needless to say many bricks were shat by everyone in that exam.

Then you end up doing a dissertation on something so interesting that all you can remember now is that is was to do with dog vaccinations. Who said fuck uni? Yeah, well said that person.

L1NETT

Oh I am! Great day today. Especially with results elsewhere. Charlton and a few others have been dragged right back in it.

Just need the right appointment now to come in and pull us clear. Clarke pls.

Oh aye. Yeovil performing some miracles recently mind. Fancy Donny and Bournemouth to choke. Owen Coyle perhaps?

--

Happy birthday Sal!!! Have a good last 45 mins :)

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
You're a lawyer?

How come so many of the Footy-GAF are suddenly connected to law?
Heh I'm a poli-sci major but I didn't go to law school because I didn't want to be in six figure debt in a field that is completely broken in the U.S. and will stay that way for many more years with no reforms.

Buying in a WC year is never that fruitful though.

Depends. If you can seal the deal before the WC starts, that's great business. Or you're lucky/awesome and still pay a low fee for a player that played a good WC, like Mourinho did with Özil.

Oh wait, I forgot, I'm supposed to hate Özil. No, seems like there's no good business to be done in a WC year. Only players turning out to be overprized lazy twats.

L1NETT

Depends. If you can seal the deal before the WC starts, that's great business. Or you're lucky/awesome and still pay a low fee for a player that played a good WC, like Mourinho did with Özil.

Possibly, good shouts. I would say you either get a bloated figure (and they will be after bale) who players who are desperate to seal a move in order to get game time. Or you get a inflated figure who players who have done well at the WC.

Settled first team players are unlikely to move clubs so close to the WC. Your gonna get fringe players who want match time.

Bumhead

Banned
Oh aye. Yeovil performing some miracles recently mind. Fancy Donny and Bournemouth to choke. Owen Coyle perhaps?

Not keen on Coyle. Seems to be on a pretty significant downward spiral in his career.

Yeovil will scrap and fight all season but I'd still expect them to drop. Think Barnsley are due as well after circling the drain for the last few years. Our survival hinges on if we keep Wickham - who is a cut above at this level - for another few months or maybe even the season.

Salvadora

Thanks for the well wishes Steverulez, L1NETT, Clegg and Viva.

-

I think fanboys of all kinds are sad, but the people who obsessive over them are just as bad. Gaming side feels worse than it has before, maybe it is, or maybe I've changed.. I find myself caring less and less about games.

Wes

venison crêpe
Clarke sacked?! Madness.

Edit: West Brom have won 6 games since Christmas last year? Well I had no idea. Still seems like a bad decision to me.

bobito

Banned

-

I think fanboys of all kinds are sad, but the people who obsessive over them are just as bad. Gaming side feels worse than it has before, maybe it is, or maybe I've changed.. I find myself caring less and less about games.

I don't want a xbox one, but I don't understand the hate of it on gaming side. Just find it weird.

L1NETT

I don't want a xbox one, but I don't understand the hate of it on gaming side. Just find it weird.

Yup agree 100%. Folks saying "what's the point of getting a Xbox One" and such are delusional. I can't see the point of either at the mo, and although the PS4 is a slightly better pick long term, there are plenty of reasons to get an Xbox.

---

Yeah maybe Bumhead, but can't see Clarke going straight away. Would LOVE to see Benito Carbone though, but don't see it. Fucking love Carbone so much.

---

That Interstellar teaser. Shows us nothing, but dayum. Feed me Nolan, feed me.

-

I know what you mean. I don't really get hyped for games anymore.

Gaming side is bad because of the new consoles releasing. Sony fanboys especially are running riot lol

So he will fail.

Lahm most likely could be a great manager in the tactical part of the game, but surely he'll be a bigger cunt by then. If he decides to seek a career as manager, ofc.

Schweinsteiger maybe too

Lahm? lool, nobody will take him for serious.

Kehl would be a good shout I guess. Seems like the right type of personality and Klopp rates his tactical abilities, looks like that could work out. Actually, I secretely hope Kehl will start working for our coach staff when he retires and someday be our new Klopp.

iDCHhcyQBZH0.gif

Elchele

Lahm? lool, nobody will take him for serious.

Kehl would be a good shout I guess. Seems like the right type of personality and Klopp rates his tactical abilities, looks like that could work out. Actually, I secretely hope Kehl will start working for our coach staff when he retires and someday be our new Klopp.

It is kind of tricky, is actually not that common for great players to become great managers. Some nobody players are actually most likely to be better. Like Klopp or Bielsa for example.

Can't wait for Contento to lead us to our next CL title.

Lightning

Banned
Ultimately yes, completely agree. It might only take one result to turn it around. Plus we have Hull, Spurs, West Ham and Newcastle next. Maybe after all those if results were bad.

I have not been to see them this season yet mind. Only Newcastle on Sky. We were dire. Maybe the football has been really poor?
I haven't seen them every week but from what I've seen and the highlights of the games I don't think Brom are creating a whole lot of chances and in recent weeks Clarke mentioned you've been defensively suspect so could be a combination of things. I know against us and against Chelsea you created chances but maybe lower teams are bus parking and you're struggling to break them down.

For your upcoming game against Hull you can expect that again. They will park the bus and try to knick a goal.

Happy birthday Salva!

Salvadora

I think as Mr.Marston said, there is a very noticeable slant in one companies direction which has been helped by a series of poor decisions by Microsoft and is enhanced by a multitude of idiotic people rushing every thread with "banderas.gif", "cancelling my pre-order".

As it stands, I don't think either console is an attractive proposition.

edit: Thanks Lightning <3

FootballFan

Does anyone have that gif of that fan doing the two finger gesture? Sturridge is doing his stupid dance in it. That's how I remember it.

pls someone

edit
I can only find a shitty sped up version.

It is kind of tricky, is actually not that common for great players to become great managers. Some nobody players are actually most likely to be better. Like Klopp or Bielsa for example.

Can't wait for Contento to lead us to our next CL title.

Klopp scored 4 goals in a single match once, he is the GOAT, don't even dare to speak bad of the player Klopp again.

It's quite obvious, though. Technically and physically less gifted players need to play "smarter" and need to see through other teams' tactics to play at the same level and make up for their weaknesses. That however still doesn't mean they'll be great coaches. Großkreutz for example is a very smart player, tactically, but I'm not so sure he could communicate that to a team at a high level.

Salvadora

I'll need to get confirmation of this myself, but apparently Bendtner was caught on camera and within earshot of the mascots saying that City's tunnel "stunk of piss".

I sort of like this.

Top Bottom