• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

dc89

David Moyes has revealed a “major, major signing” almost arrived at Manchester United in the summer.

The Reds were rumoured to be interested in several players around Europe in June, July and August, but ended the transfer window with only Marouane Fellaini bolstering the first-team squad.

Among those linked consistently in the summer with a move to Manchester were Thiago Alcantara, Cesc Fabregas and Ander Herrera, while occasional reports also raised the possibility of an Old Trafford return for Cristiano Ronaldo or a hijack of Real Madrid’s swoop for Gareth Bale.

Now, with just over two weeks until the January transfer window opens, Reds manager David Moyes insists United were “very close” to making big waves in the market last summer.

“We were very close to a major, major signing,” he told journalists from the Sunday newspapers at the Aon Training Complex. “It’s easy to say now, ‘Well, you didn’t do it’ but we were very close to a major signing when the club would have definitely shown what its worth is.

“We have got the money and the club will spend. There is no question about that.

“We were close to a couple of really major signings. I’ve got to say, Ed [Woodward, executive vice chairman] worked really hard trying to make those signings happen.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...e=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

I CANT.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14597-1386780099-15.gif

LTWheels

Happy birthday LTWheels.

I don't much like having a December birthday. At the risk of sounding like a grinch, I don't really like the holiday season.

Happy Birthday, I know what you mean. Because of how late my birthday is, I don't feel the Christmas spirit until Christmas eve.

Doesn't help that I've got to 'revise' tomorrow for a job interview on Monday, and then I should have another interview at the end of the week. Means I'm having a quiet weekend, can't afford to get hungover.

Hope you have had a good birthday today.

Feorax

Law is turning me into a cynical cunt.

Law bros how did you you stop this transformation?

I qualified and then fucking bailed.

I was doing personal injury though. It's probably different if you aren't studying/working in a sector that's about to implode.

Elchele

Anyone has access to one of those streaming things from ESPN/any sport channel to re-watch matches? I really want a gif of the assistant ref warming up from the Freiburg vs. Sevilla EL match

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Clegg

Good luck on your exams Clegg, I know how stressful they can be.

I'm pulling my hair out over exams six months down the line.
Thanks. I've only two left and I can then look forward to a month off uni. It's funny tho. I've been stressing over them and thinking over worst case scenario's, but I think I've done well enough so far.

What are your exams on?

Yen

Loving Mick McCarthy's beard. Looks like he could murder someone. Hard to believe he's Cormac McCarthy's son.

Salvadora

Thanks. I've only two left and I can then look forward to a month off uni. It's funny tho. I've been stressing over them and thinking over worst case scenario's, but I think I've done well enough so far.

What are your exams on?
History, Sociology and Law.

Northern Ireland is a fucked up place with only two universities so entry requirements are much, much higher. 40% in England, 70% here.

kharma45

Northern Ireland is a fucked up place with only two universities so entry requirements are much, much higher. 40% in England, 70% here.

With a population the size of ours we can't really justify any more than two. UU is expanding at least.

LTWheels

Fucking bricking it tomorrow.

This is where our season implodes. We normally lose to Spurs. City is a guaranteed loss. Chelsea probably be a draw.

Suarez will be easily marked out of the game.

I am interested to see how a midfield of Lucas, Allen and Henderson perform. I remember watching Alberto, Allen and Henderson playing as the central midfield in pre-season and being impressed with how fluid they were. Always looking to find space after passing the ball. Something that our pre-injury midfield does not do very well.

Clegg

I've done history modules before. The key I've always found for those exams was to concentrate on the "big issues" ie if its WW2 concentrate on German Nationalism. That then links into lebensraum and then the extermination on the Jews. You have two or three decent essay answers just from that small sample. Obviously you'd need to cover more topics. But you'd have a decent chance of being able to answer quite a lot of the questions that could be thrown at you.

Law is all about case studies. Learn them and the theories behind it and you'll be fine. Don't know much about sociology though.

You've 6 months to prepare. You'll be grand.

LTWheels

Good luck with the rest of your exams, and to everyone else sitting exams.

I finished my legal qualification this summer, and now I'm stuck at home unemployed doing occasional temporary legal secretary/paralegals to boost my CV until I can get a training contract for 2 years time or more permanent paralegal work.

kharma45

Been invited to casual drinks at the PwC office Salv.

WHAT IS CASUAL TO THEM?! Can I get away with jeans, smart shoes and a nice jumper?

Fry

Fucking bricking it tomorrow.

This is where our season implodes. We normally lose to Spurs. City is a guaranteed loss. Chelsea probably be a draw.

Suarez will be easily marked out of the game.

I am interested to see how a midfield of Lucas, Allen and Henderson perform. I remember watching Alberto, Allen and Henderson playing as the central midfield in pre-season and being impressed with how fluid they were. Always looking to find space after passing the ball. Something that our pre-injury midfield does not do very well.

:/

Salvadora

You're right Clegg, just anxiousness at not having done exams for many years.
With a population the size of ours we can't really justify any more than two. UU is expanding at least.
Unfortunately later rather than sooner, like 2017/18 and they'll be in the city centre pretty much.

No room for error though and I'd rather not go to Coleraine, which in my mind is like going into exile. Yes wear smart casual (although I've never been in that situation :p), the PWC people are really nice and they are very lucky to be getting you.

Top Bottom