• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Marc

Yes! Sterling, been brilliant and deserves that.

Great game.

I wish I put Suarez in my fantasy team ffs. :(

Portugeezer

I love AVB, I love he's tactics and vision. But it hasn't worked this season although there hasn't been very much to indicate the squad has gelled but he's much to blame with he's ineffective team selections. 6-0 to City and now 5-0 to Liverpool at WHL what the shit.
WHL my ass, they are poor defensively and playing at WHL doesn't magically change that... or put your avatar back on the field.

Started off the season well enough, so what went wrong?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So who could we get? Capello? Simeone? Redknapp?

I don't think any manager could keep their job with home form this bad. Injuries are only so much of an excuse.

Anderson

Not really. Kos out for a while and team looked a bit shattered after the City game.

9 day rest plus return of Podolski. One of the few positives from yesterday is Walcott looking sharp.

Main problem is Mourinho knows exactly how to play Wenger but Chelsea look shaky and we have a great chance to beat the bugger and his team of JT's

Fergie

Banned
It's a different season lads.

Liverpool got this.

So who could we get? Capello? Simeone? Redknapp?

I don't think any manager could keep their job with home for this bad. Injuries are only so much of an excuse.
Not Simeone though. Capello probably.

Injuries don't help, but AVB looks clueless. Probably proves he didn't buy most of these players.

bud

i know avb's done well with porto, but he generally seems more suited to the assistent role, as a coach, rather than a full-on manager & coach. he sounds so empty and devoid of any personality in every interview that i just find it hard to believe he can fire up his players.

1rpllxC.png

trololololol

Fergie

Banned
Liverpool dramatically improved their GD.

Pressure on Arsenal now. City, Liverpool and Chelsea all hot on the trail.

United pls.

Clegg

You'd normally say that AVB deserves at least another season after losing their best player in the summer and basically buying a new team with that transfer fee. Give them time to gel and all that.

But hes made such huge tactical errors first against City and now against Liverpool that you'd have to ask if he's the right man for the job. Personally, I'd like to see managers like AVB given the chance to right his wrongs and build his team. Don't think he's gonna get the chance though.

Showaddy

Yep that's AVB gone I fear. I don't think it'll be 100% warranted but he's sleeping in the bed he's shat in with this stupid Dawson/Naughton situation. Paulinho's red wasn't his fault but the team wasn't exactly flying beforehand anyway...

sohois

What is sacking AVB really going to achieve? Is a new manager going to come in and get top 4 at this point? Not to mention the dearth of quality options as has been noted so many times already.

GorillaJu

I shed a tear when Flanagan scored. So happy for him. Game was still on a that point only 2-0.

The team's, and Suarez's reactions to him scoring say it all. Superb team spirit.

Fry

Liverpool also have City and Chelsea coming up.

We'll face them with a big chance of being 1st. We might not win both matches but we have our chances of getting something out of them, too.

And we'll face ALL big teams at home later in the championship, except for Man Utd.

Top Bottom