• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT11| Schlong Days, Kipless Nights

Club legend Benoit Assou-Ekotto:

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏@AssouEkotto 4m

What a game tonight....happy to see my man @E_Adebayor (LOL) pic.twitter.com/6hsnFaJLCQ

Bbi1idRIAAAGciR.jpg:large

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

(The fingers are a great touch)

Feorax

Liverpool also have City and Chelsea coming up.

I fancy us to get something at Chelsea, although that's definitely a game that could easily go either way.

City are going to beat us probably, but I'm not that arsed. I always like those games.

AVB was naive playing a high line with those CB's Sterling, Coutinho and Suarez basically had free roam.

wedward

We'll face them with a big chance of being 1st. We might not win both matches but we have our chances of getting something out of them, too.

And we'll face ALL big teams at home later in the championship, except for Man Utd.

Sure. Say you beat Cardiff and go first with 36 points. Say Arsenal lose to Chelsea.

You then play Chelsea and City.

We play West Ham and Newcastle.

GorillaJu

Suarez will be at 22 if he gets 3 bonus points. And a big fat [V] sitting next to his name while next to an injured Aguero's is the captaincy. :(

sohois

I know people have remarked on this before, but Tottenham are still 7th and within touching distance of the top teams.

Who cares if they've suffered some big defeats to rivals? The scoreline really shouldn't influence any decisions on AVB's future.

Bumhead

Banned
Full credit to Liverpool, frightening display.

But Spurs are absolutely abject. That was appalling. From first whistle to last they were second, third and fourth best to everything.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games
I've never been more glad to be proven wrong, Sterling was very impressive right from the start.

Great stuff from the whole team, really pleased for Joe Allen & John Flanagan in particular.

GQman2121

Banned
i know avb's done well with porto, but he generally seems more suited to the assistent role, as a coach, rather than a full-on manager & coach. he sounds so empty and devoid of any personality in every interview that i just find it hard to believe he can fire up his players.

There's no doubt that he lost our locker room and the players gave up on him two years ago. It's odd seeing it potentially happen again to another PL club.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I think it will be between Hiddink, Heynckes and Capello. They will get the players in line.

The players cannot be allowed to play like children, they wilted in the face of the pressing from a depleted Liverpool midfield.

GorillaJu

I know people have remarked on this before, but Tottenham are still 7th and within touching distance of the top teams.

Who cares if they've suffered some big defeats to rivals? The scoreline really shouldn't influence any decisions on AVB's future.

Yes, anyone in their position would be looking up at those CL spots with intent. 5-0 or 1-0 it's 3 points only and they just came off two wins.

sohois

I think it will be between Hiddink, Heynckes and Capello. They will get the players in line.

The players cannot be allowed to play like children, they wilted in the face of the pressing from a depleted Liverpool midfield.

I know he was at the game, but why would Capello leave Russia in a World Cup year? What does he have to prove at club level anyway? Why would Heynckes come out of retirement, which he wouldn't do for Real, for fucking Spurs? Hiddink I guess is available, but not the other 2

faridmon

What should influence his future is their team performance. 0 Shots on target at home while conceding 5 says it all.

jtb

Banned
Really important that we do win against Chelsea next week, imo. I want to see a statement from the team that they can beat top teams in the league.

also, I don't think AVB's handled the transition well but it's very harsh if he gets fired because of it. these things always take time; unless he has definitely lost the players' confidence, I wouldn't get rid of him. the scoreline doesn't really matter; the points do.

Marc

What will perhaps worry Tottenham most is that their team did not get a shot on target during that match. The first time they have failed to do so since Opta stats began.

Feckin 'ell, that is a helluva stat.

Yeah, AVB has to go, taken out any creativity spurs had and look bereft of ideas in trying to get a goal. Awful football, way more deserving than Clarke as well who has had zero input into players and playing WBA about where they should be.

Salvadora

This doesn't seem like the likeliest list of names.

Heynckes is retired (?), Hiddink is getting the Netherlands job next summer (?) and Capello is already in a job.

Feorax

@Petermcdowall10: Kolo Toure just ran out to warm down, doing the Kolo Kolo dance when the fans sang his name! Love that fella hahaha! #kolokolokolo #LFC

Fucking lol.

The team spirit at the moment is the best I've seen it in a long time.

AVB in dire straits
Another massive defeat
Not surprising, though
Beating Spurs is not a feat

Even West Ham did it
And they fucking suck
Scoring goals vs Lloris
Is like shooting a sitting duck

AVB is now for sale
Put him in the bargain bin
Porto will buy him back
And corruption will help him win

That's what happens
When you're a 1 man team
You sold monkey boy
Winning the title is just a dream

Soldado was a flop
100 millions down the drain
Not even euthanasia
Will end Ushojax's pain

GorillaJu

AVB will probably get sacked as a "saving face" measure but I don't think it's quite fair when there are reports that he didn't get the players he wanted in the summer and most of the players he did get he didn't want.

Top Bottom